It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter goes to bat for Chinese communists

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Trump trying to have a negotiation and thereby not mentioning rights abuses is completely different than Twitter helping out China by censoring anti authoritarian voices in China

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Because it was stupid. You went off on # that that nothing to do with anything. Why?

Why derail a thread discussing a serious problem just to get an asinine dig in at Trump?

Your post was stupid. Live with it.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   

A very good argument could be made for TheHill being left of center. If you genuinely think its so in the other direction as to be conservative, you might be so far left that the center looks conservative. This isnt meant to be mean, the median of "the left" has shifted drastically and its easy to think its everyone else that has moved.

As far as twitter goes, and social media sites like it, they have monetized outrage by turning it into addiction and extreme identitarianism. Arguably, such things are neutral in concept, but in application it is clear that one social group is embracing it a helluva lot more than anyone else.

So, its no surprise that these companies are catering to them, and its also no surprise that they dont come right out and state that.

Frequently, we also see the argument of "private company," usually by those who "ironically" have issues with the story of those cake bakers.

Or in the same vein: "start a competing site if you dont like it." Im not sure these approaches are really examining how things work on these scales, though they are apropos for mom'n'pop and small chains. We are still working out just how all this technology really works into our society, and personally, Im not a fan of the idea that its totally fine if someone can be "unpersoned" as long as it isnt the government. Its not quite there yet, but all the same, we do see livelihoods wrecked for having a different opinion, up to and including large banking institutions messing with accounts.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

What a stupid strawman post.

Nope.
That was a check-mate.
The guy destroyed your thread before it began

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Trump could easily start his own platform and take a chunk away from Twitter. Not sure why Trump HAS to bring so much revenue to an obviously corrupt service. But I guess the persecution complex must continue no matter what.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Trump trying to have a negotiation and thereby not mentioning rights abuses is completely different than Twitter helping out China by censoring anti authoritarian voices in China

Trump has praised the murderous scumbag Kim Jung Un on several occasions, that's more than just negotiating.
Come on guys.
The op is sheer Hypocrisy , do you absolutely have to defend every piece of # opinion just because it's coming from your "pack"?

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: XCrycek

Nope.
That was a check-mate.

Yet another stupid post.

School must be out.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: XCrycek

The attempts by some to make everything about trump is hilarious to me

So now discussing twitter censoring dissenting voices in China is hypocrisy because trump is negotiating with North Korea? Unreal

By that token the fact you mentioned trump and North Korea without mentioning Obama doing far more than just saying nice things about a murderous regime, Iran, but sending them pallets of cash in secret shows you are a hypocrite just defending your pack

Or it’s ok to talk about an issue without lumping a president in it, as I prefer

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: XCrycek

Nope.
That was a check-mate.

Yet another stupid post.

School must be out.

So I guess what the poster is trying to say is that you can never criticize any action anyone takes to harm people being affected by government because “muh trump”

Have a problem with a company helping a government censor free speech?

Well shut your mouth, cause ugh, TRUMP!!!

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

They feel personally attacked that their digital gods are being called to task for supporting the communist regimes they support.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

sorry to stupid to stay away, i should know better, but I am actually going to state my lack of knowledge about the hill, which has been corrected by others, it does not change the intent of the post though, DBC said

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Judging accomplishments based on reporting by a biased media is a fool's errand.

In my opinion.

which I agree with, i assumed (making an ass out of myself) it was conservative, but I did not bemoan that fact (even though incorrect), I stand by my comparison with NK though, sorry if that makes me stupid, I am learning to live with it still, this website used to help with stupid, not so much know though

edit on 2-6-2019 by UpIsNowDown because: typo

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   

sorry if that makes me stupid,

At the very least it makes you intellectually lazy.

But I stand by my comment.

How does what you post relate to what I posted at all?

It doesn't. It's just you whining about Trump in the dumbest way possible; with a poorly constructed strawman.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I’m not calling you stupid

However, I don’t see how the nk situation is comparable at all

One is a president attempting to talk up a terrible regime in hopes of having a successful negotiation which would make war far less likely

The other is a company taking action against dissenters of a country that wants to silent criticism

No comparison whatsoever that i see

That would be like me saying you can’t criticize Halliburton and their actions in Iraq because Obama said nice things about Fidel Castro

What does one have to do with the other?

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   

The Twitter-in-chief is the biggest selling point for Twitter at the moment. You should be on your knees thanking Twitter for supposedly giving Trump a way to get around the MSM.

If you hate Twitter so much then tell Trump to join hands with you in solidarity by protesting them and their communist ways. (Hint: he won't, he'll keep using it and raking in the views and revenue for Twitter)
edit on 2-6-2019 by Shadowbanned because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-6-2019 by Shadowbanned because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   

You think corporations are leftists now .

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   

At the very least it makes you intellectually lazy.

LMAO, thanks man, thats funny, not allowed to draw comparison between two communist countries which Trump has been in the news with, handling both nations differently

Trade wars with China, peace meetings with NK, but yeah no comparison

China bad, NK good, cos they not ripping you off finacially, yet citizens in these countries suffer horrendous human rights violations which is what your OP is about.

I not into having long drawn out arguments though, so the Forrest Gump in me is going to run, before I get labled with anymore putdowns, I can do my own thanks

I am logging out know to attend to my son, enjoy the debate

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Shadowbanned

The Twitter-in-chief is the biggest selling point for Twitter. You should be on your knees thanking Twitter for supposedly giving Trump a way to get around the MSM.

More asinine comments.

If you hate Twitter so much then tell Trump to join hands with you in solidarity by protesting them and their communist ways.

This is the equivalent of "if you love it so much why don't you marry it?" Argument made by kids.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Shadowbanned

The fact that trump uses twitter does not make Twitter exempt from criticism

Trump has nothing to do with the op

Do you have anything to say about twitter kicking Chinese people that were critical of their government?

Or do you just want to talk about trump?

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

You think corporations are leftists now .

So the right wing corporation of twitter is for some reason constantly censoring right wing voices?

Believe it or not, tech companies in Silicon Valley and many other corporations such as the msm are in fact heavily establishment democrat

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   

not allowed to draw comparison between two communist countries which Trump has been in the news with, handling both nations differently

Comparisons have to make sense.

China bad, NK good, cos they not ripping you off finacially, yet citizens in these countries suffer horrendous human rights violations which is what your OP is about.

My OP is about Twitter aiding the Chinese in the oppression of their own people while they engage in censorship here in the US.

I not into having long drawn out arguments though

No, you just post drive-by inanities hoping no one will catch on to it.

I am logging out

No one cares.
edit on 2 6 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join