It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter goes to bat for Chinese communists

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Twitter apologizes for blocking accounts ahead of Tiananmen Square anniversary

Twitter, like Google, Facebook, and others have a vested interest in appeasing the communist regime of China, even at the expense of the memory of the sacrifices made by those whom the communist regime has abused, tortured, murdered, and silenced.

Apologies for continued egregious actions ring hollow. You censor Americans and help communists in other nations abuse their own people through censorship.

Twitter should be forced to move entirely to China. Seems like these leftist corporations would feel more at home there.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Corporate censorship by leftist anti-Americans has become commonplace.

The 1st Amendment is being eroded right before our very eyes.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Twitter, like Google, Facebook, and others have a vested interest in appeasing the communist regime of China, even at the expense of the memory of the sacrifices made by those whom the communist regime has abused, tortured, murdered, and silenced.

So china bad communist but North Korea good, cause Trump says so, life is easy when you believe everything from ANY politicians mouth

Random leader - we good they bad
random follower - OK

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I say Trump protests by deleting his account. Oh wait, that's how he communicates around the MSM. What are we outraged about again?
edit on 2-6-2019 by Shadowbanned because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Shadowbanned

Protesting censorship by censoring yourself is an idiotic concept developed by morons who spend most of their time in urine-soaked skinny jeans.

You combat censorship with more free speech, not less.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

I don’t think North Korea is good

I think trump is trying to be polite to a dictator in hopes of avoiding an escalation

Btw I don’t mind when Dems do this either, like tulsi gabbard with Assad

We should negotiate with our enemies and use war as a last resort

This has nothing to do with tech companies virtue signaling how progressive they are in the us, while helping the Chinese government censor dissent

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Trump can start his own social media. It'll be the greatest, he's the best businessman. Owning a domain name is an easy way to circumvent the evil social media overlords.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shadowbanned

Trump can start his own social media. It'll be the greatest, he's the best businessman. Owning a domain name is an easy way to circumvent the evil social media overlords.

So you give tacit approval to censorship.

'Kay.

Whatever floats your canoe.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Are you leading the USA though, not yet
, so what does Trump think of Kim is probably more relevant, dam i hate twitter but here goes

I agree with Kim Jong Un of North Korea that our personal relationship remains very good, perhaps the term excellent would be even more accurate, and that a third Summit would be good in that we fully understand where we each stand. North Korea has tremendous potential for.......

So trump is just playing Kim then, good job Trump plays 4d chess and believes he is cleverer than Kim and his 2d chess board.

But no mention of dealing with the human rights abuse that NK commit, which is odd as that seemed to be what the OP and yourself are suggesting the tech companies were ignoring, you want to make a stand, dont use twitter, I dont and I dont think I am missing ANYTHING relevant to my life, you could try it

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Trump could easily create his own personal blog. But nope, he only cares about the exposure that Twitter gives him. He's not censored by Twitter, that's for sure. Trump is bringing in millions for Twitter with the amount of views he gets. Trump is the best advertisement Twitter has ever had, it's a mutual relationship.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Another case of sorry they were caught, not sorry they did it, I suspect.

a reply to: Shadowbanned

Agreed. He could easily just go to a rival platform and put them on the map instead.
edit on 2-6-2019 by Annagramma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   

How do you know that the US (Trump) isn't combatting human right abuses?

Because the MSM isn't reporting it?

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Remember, according to Disney, it's worse to impose restrictions on abortion than it is to chuck your own people into concentration camps.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I/we honestly dont know, but I belive if he was ATS/You would have told me about it, wouldnt you? or if you did not Trumps twitter would have, maybe he has I dont use twitter, feel free to link to it, cheers

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I used to be in the US military. We did many things that never got reported.

I work in the medical field now. We do many things that do not get reported.

Judging accomplishments based on reporting by a biased media is a fool's errand.

In my opinion.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   

What a stupid strawman post.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I agree with your opinion, so the OPs link from thehill which is conservative based (nothing wrong with that) must also be dismissed then?

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

What a stupid strawman post.

Dam I could not have just been a strawman, i had to be stupid also, I will leave your thread now so you can get the reverb you require, apologies

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

I agree with your opinion, so the OPs link from thehill which is conservative based (nothing wrong with that) must also be dismissed then?

No.

Corporate censorship is real.

The leftist media doesn't report it because they endorse it.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

The hill is not conservative based

It has some conservative opinion but far more left leaning coverage

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join