It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pride Month: The Slippery Slope Is Real

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: CooBoo

This, right here, is why there's such a high suicide rate among gay teens....
They've been indoctrinated to believe that their fundamental biological urges are wrong

First, no that's not why it's so high. Second, those urges are wrong. They are harmful personally, on both a physical and spiritual level. HOWEVER, the reason teen suicide among homosexuals is high is because parents don't make the differentiation between your next sentence and the prior one:

that they as humans are 'wrong' and 'bad'.

Having these urges and desires doesn't make you wrong or bad. Many parents don't convey this well enough or don't realize it themselves.

Having these urges is scientifically useless and therefore wrong. Spiritually it's a whole other demon and we all have ours.

If you legitimately think that someone would CHOOSE this, then I feel very sorry for you... and I'm loathe to say it because no parent should EVER have to hear it, but I feel sorry for your children.

This right here is really really interesting. You talk about it like its a curse. Yet in the prior sentence you say you have accepted it and you said earlier you are in a homosexual relationship. So which is it? That's not the only interesting part though, it's also interesting that you completely dismiss the idea that someone may become gay who wasn't before. This has happened countless times, in both directions. I've read all sorts of peoples personal stories on it. Furthermore it dismisses the influence of society on molding young minds into what is acceptable and what is not.

They'll hurt, cry, plead, pray, and beg for themselves to be 'the same' as everyone else because a parent, the one person in their life whose opinion means the world to them -- the one person they should be able to trust and be loved by unconditionally -- has told them they're defective. That's tantamount to saying you wish they'd not been born because they came out wrong. You may not see it that way when you speak your mind, but I 100% guarantee that's what they'll hear.

Outside of my previous point, that yes this gets handled poorly by a great many parents, you seem to be projecting your experience onto others. The gay people that I know have not shared the same experience as you, even those whose parents are very religious and were not pleased with their choice to live their lives as a homosexual (because that is where the choice is, not the urges, the action upon them).

As an added bonus, if they're not gay, then you've successfully taught a new generation to judge and hate those who are different because of a fact they cannot control. Congrats?

At no point has anyone advocated for teaching children to hate gay people. Look, every gay person grows up in a straight home (ok, well, maybe not now that adoption is on the table, but for the generation of current adults who are homosexual). They all know what's normal and what's not. Biology settled that same discussion millions of years ago.

Side question: if evolution is real (I believe it is), then why hasn't homosexuality been bred out of existence? Afterall, if it's genetic and recessive and homosexuals don't reproduce, shouldn't this gene have been removed from the gene pool ages ago?

Moving on.

Just as no amount of conversion/exposure/whatever therapy is going to make someone who is gay go, "Ooooh, boobs!".

Actually it did. In a relatively small number of participants, but there were some successful results. Which really, again, blows up your whole theory that no one can be conditioned into it one way or another.

Your job as a parent is to teach your children to think critically, work hard, treat people with respect, and care for their fellow man.

AMEN (really to the whole paragraph, but this reply is getting pretty long).

But this lack of actual understanding of the fundamental biological facts makes it REALLY hard for us to stand with you because we know you harbor a secret disdain. I, likewise, harbor a disdain for ignorance... though I don't keep it secret. Ignorance can change. Gay cannot.

Just when I get on board with what you're saying you push me back off. I don't hold any disdain for you. I mean hell, you're leaving more women for us straight guys and you take another guy with you. I am a little concerned for your happiness, as you seem to be really tortured by this, but that's not really my place so you do you. What pushes me back off the train here are your absolutes. You make wild assumptions about who can and cannot be gay. You also assume that homosexual actions only take place within the confines of those people who absolutely 100% are gay and there is no changing them. This is false. How do you explain bisexual people?

The health dangers of increased experimentation, especially among confused kids who absolutely have a dismal record for making good choices, especially when it comes to safe sex make any public normalization not worth the cost. Then there are societal decay considerations that have to be made.

The more that thinking spreads, the louder the Pride parades will become until people finally just say, "Who cares?".

This is a very logically flawed argument. Gay pride parades have never been louder, meanwhile the attitudes you're attributing them to have never been quieter. Most people say "who cares?" Certainly more than ever before. Take a look at the polling data on the issue.

My government and your opinions end at my front door, and they certainly end at my bedroom door.

Until it comes time to pay for what happens beyond your front door, right? We need tax payer funded health care. We need tax payer funded abortion. We need tax payer funded contraceptives. We need tax payer funded sex changes. etc.

Here's the thing. I won't put up a section in the kids section of my store saying GAY IS OF THE DEVIL if you don't put one up in yours saying GAY IS GREAT! Let's not sexualize kids. Deal?
edit on 3-6-2019 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: ketsuko

I am from a different generation than you I am sure.
Toys were very sexually divided.
I got a toy oven a toy washing machine toy dishes baby dolls and art and crafts sets.
my brother got Tonka trucks and G.I. Joe and sports equipment and doctor sets and chemical sets.
What roles were we being groomed for do you think? Me the mother and my brother the provider.

and little girls took a lot of gruff if they were what they called Tomboys. And little boys who liked dolls were laughed at and humiliated.

I didnt make any assumptions about what gay boys do or do not do. Where did I say boys could not play with trucks? I did not say it. I was illustrating a point that kids should not be put in tidy boxes. I was talking about acceptance and kindness. Not trying to put anyone in a box.

Looks like your parents had it right... My sister got the same things along with cabbage patch kids and barbies while I got He-Man stuff and other action figures. I never laughed at Tomboy girls, I dated a few. If I'd ever met a boy that played with dolls, I never would have talked to him again. Never would I ever set my sons up for failure by getting them a doll either. I care about them too much.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

AIDs as you know is a sexually transmitted desies (let's ignore the Drug and transfusion implications for the moment) that can be 99% prevented through proper safety during sex. This is true whether you are homosexual or heterosexual.

So why is it so prevalent in the gay community? Why are they not practicing safe sex????? Are you seriously telling me the gay community practices less safe sex than the straight community? The community responsible for three quarters of a million abortions per year???

When you seek to eradicate all signs and acceptance of homosexuality, so that your weak willed children aren't influenced by these people, you drive this this portion of the community underground where they won't seek proper treatment and proper tutelage regarding their sexual activities out of fear of you.

First, I'm not seeking to eradicate all signs and acceptance of homosexuality. I'm requesting we keep the kids out of it.

So if they don't have a display in the kids section of target saying it's ok, they're going to
A) Never learn about or practice safe sex
B) Let themselves die of AIDS because I thought it would be better to have such a display in the adult section which is somehow stigmatizing?

What Target is doing is far more effective at keeping our children safe from the ills of sex than your zeal to eradicate Homosexuality.

LOL that couldn't be further from the truth.

1) You do realize that the AIDS epidemic has only gotten worse since the public acceptance of homosexuality reached a favorable view, right?
2) I have no zeal for eradicating homosexuality. I have much zeal for not sexualizing our kids.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

My daughter will play cars or trucks with her brothers, she even likes legos but her favorite toys are: her kitchen set, her bags to carry little stuffed animals around in, and her stroller (also for stuffed animals and sometimes even a baby doll). Since she was maybe 6 months old she has been obsessed with shoes too. Years later I still catch her sitting there admiring her shoes on her feet. My wife and I laugh about it all of the time, she needed no coaxing to be interested in girl things and my boys were never much interested in girl things (despite my oldest having only one friend until he was 3-4, who was a girl and had all of the girl toys you could imagine).

Hell, even watching them play with the same toys there is an obvious difference. My daughter uses her stroller to push her animals and dolls around from place to place to play with them. When the boys get hold of the stroller its a race to see if they can crash the occupants out of it.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

You can't close Pandora's box once its been openned; you can't put the genie back into the bottle.

The culture war was lost decades ago and now evil expands exponentially providing the Ruler of this world a rich harvest of irredeemable souls.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

That may be true for this society, but it's not true on the whole. Many times in history have sexual deviancies been revered yet future societies put it back in pandoras box.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Ha, ha, yea...........by the time "this society" figures it out, "this society" will have been rendered dust into the ash bin of history.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

If you tell your kids it's just fine to like someone of the same sex, they're gonna be ok with trying it out. That's how we got to the divisive point we're at now. 

If you tell your children it's ok to like different people... it will lead to divisiveness?

That's like the dumbest thing I've read on the internet in a long time.

Maybe if more of us told our kids it's ok to like different people we would actually have less divisiveness.

Likewise, your reply is pretty damn stupid in my opinion and has nothing to do with what I said...

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

If you tell your children it's ok to like different people... it will lead to divisiveness?

This is what it looks like to fail a reading comprehension test. Let's move the example to something less emotionally challenging for the lefties. Smoking. I teach my kids not to smoke because it's unhealthy and unproductive even though it can bring a great deal of satisfaction to people. I also teach them not to worry about the decisions of others, that there are plenty of great people who do smoke.

What the left is currently doing is setting up a rainbow version of joe camel in the kids section, on kids television, on kids apps, and demanding everyone say it's ok not only to smoke, but to encourage children to be open to it. That is where the divisiveness comes from.

Exactly. And just like smoking can lead to lung cancer, homosexuals are at the highest risk of HIV. But hey, maybe they're not concerned with the safety of their children like I am mine or you are yours.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

I also teach them not to worry about the decisions of others, that there are plenty of great people who do smoke.

For someone who teaches their kids not to worry about the decisions of others you are sure doing a lot of worrying about the decisions of others.

But just for you since you seem to be missing something. Teaching our kids to be accepting of other people, by in this case having a rainbow section in target, is not the same as joe camel in the kids section. Your kids won't get cancer because they see a rainbow.

No but they'll be at a very high risk of AIDS if they have gay sex.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Yup.. which makes It doubly ridiculous when people pretend like the past was better...

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   

No they won’t..

Gay sex gives men a better chance of catching it because the bodily fluids are deposited inside... exactly like happens for females anyway.

I don’t think there would be any greater of a chance that a male who had unprotected sex with another man would catch aids, relative to if they had sex with a woman.. if they were pitching..

I think catching carries the same risk regardless

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Except being gay doesn’t have any measurable negative effect..

Which is why the religious crowd has failed so miserably to stop gay adoptions and other such things... in court they are expected to provide proof gay marriage is negative...

They can’t point to any objectively negative thing..

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   

You really think the fact that you and yours spend countless hours preaching to gay kids that their urges are wrong, has nothing to do with the fact they feel rejected enough from society to kill themselves?!!

That is like a black person committing suicide and you saying ... “it isn’t my fault... the fact I yelled N****** at him everyday had nothing to do with it”

No one rain drop ever thinks it caused the flood..

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

2/3 new HIV cases originate in the gay community. That community represents a tiny fraction of the sexually active population. That means 1/4 cases originate in the straight community, a community that is between 25x and 60x larger. So statistically your risk of getting HIV in the straight community is tiny when compared to your risk of getting HIV in the gay community.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Your kids won't get AIDs from seeing a rainbow; they won't even get AIDs if they practice safe sex; whether that be with a member of the same sex or the opposite.

Its really that simple. If your worried about AIDs teach your kids how to have safe sex. Teaching them to disapprove of other people's sexual orientation won't keep them safe from AIDs.

It'll keep them out of the category of those who are at the highest risk.

In 2017 alone, there were 38,600 cases of HIV reported. 2,400 cases were drug injection, 27 THOUSAND were from homosexuals, and the rest were from male/female sex.

WHY would any caring parent tell their son it's ok to be gay? Why?

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   

STDs are not at an all time high..

Siphilous ravaged Europe and early America...

The only way things are worse is if you do not account for population... and say “ahh there are 10,000,000 murders this year!!! , and only 500,000 1,000 years ago!!

But there were only 5 million people back then and now there are 7 billion..

Well and the environment, but no conservative cares about that over profit..

Addiction is likely rising... that’s fair..

MOST IMPORTANTLY!!!!

How is morality declining when rape, pedophilia and slavery were perfectly morally acceptable previous to the last 150 years????

And really it is far less..

What year did the whole sale slaughter and rape of southern African Americans stop??

Well it hit its worse part in the 1870s and then the 1920s... so....

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: CooBoo

Maybe you missed where I said "Don't tell them it's ok. If they're gay, it'll come out." Meaning if it comes out when they're old enough to truly understand it then that's different than driving them to think they're gay. I'm not interested in what you do privately, that old meme is overused and just as out of context as it's been since day one. Just leave it out my kids heads.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I find it curious the people that disapprove of homosexuals simply cannot stop talking about them.

Why is that?

These people likely flip # over welfare, likely has n number of devices and things within immediate reach that are likely the result of child labor so I dont really buy the "itz for da kids".

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   

People don't wake up one morning and decide to be gay... Choosing to have sex is what creates STDs, not homosexuality. Why would a parent say it's okay to be gay? Because the alternative is either supressing a homosexual kid or telling a straight kid that homosexuals are wrong.

Just let kids be kids. The in-your-face sexuality on the left and the supressed shamed sexuality on the right aren't helping humanity.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join