It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pride Month: The Slippery Slope Is Real

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Thats my thought too. How about sex takes its appropriate place in our lives and stop letting it define people.

I am a straight woman. In bed and when I am in the grocery store. And I grocery shop a lot more than I have sex.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

When you let sick people have their own platform, the sickness will continue to grow. We all warned about the slippery slope, and as always, the normal side of society was right, again.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
I think we need to stop making our children sexual entities. I have a few (6 and 9) they don't know what "gay" or "strait" even truly means let alone know how they sexual feel on the subject. And to be clear this is not because I shelter them from the subject; I'm willing to bet that they have interacted with gay people more than most of the people in this thread. Its simply because they aren't sexual yet.

Let them be kids; there will be plenty of time for their sexualization and all the emotions good and bad that come with it when they grow up.

I agree

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

They can already determine sex, eye color, hair color, IQ..
Is anyone custom designing babies now?

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: ketsuko

Thats my thought too. How about sex takes its appropriate place in our lives and stop letting it define people.

I am a straight woman. In bed and when I am in the grocery store. And I grocery shop a lot more than I have sex.

If people stopped parading their sexual appetites in public, humanity wouldn't be as messed up as it is right now.
edit on 3-6-2019 by Artemis12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Annagramma

But there are already gay children... all the way back to birth. The little boy who wants to play with girls toys should not be told he cant. The little girl who refuses to wear a dress and wants only to play with the other boys should not be told she needs to be a little lady.
Again they are not going to be turned gay and they sure are not going to be turned gay because of a rainbow.

Wrong. If you tell your kids it's just fine to like someone of the same sex, they're gonna be ok with trying it out. That's how we got to the divisive point we're at now. When you tell them that it's wrong, which is your job as a loving and caring parent, then they'll understand and won't want to try it out. If they really are gay, it'll come out in the wash when they're older. But if you drive them to being gay, they absolutely will become/act gay to make you happy. If it's worth the social media likes and pity, go for it. I'll be sure to keep my kids on the right path, though.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

If you tell your kids it's just fine to like someone of the same sex, they're gonna be ok with trying it out. That's how we got to the divisive point we're at now. 

If you tell your children it's ok to like different people... it will lead to divisiveness?

That's like the dumbest thing I've read on the internet in a long time.

Maybe if more of us told our kids it's ok to like different people we would actually have less divisiveness.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

If you tell your children it's ok to like different people... it will lead to divisiveness?

This is what it looks like to fail a reading comprehension test. Let's move the example to something less emotionally challenging for the lefties. Smoking. I teach my kids not to smoke because it's unhealthy and unproductive even though it can bring a great deal of satisfaction to people. I also teach them not to worry about the decisions of others, that there are plenty of great people who do smoke.

What the left is currently doing is setting up a rainbow version of joe camel in the kids section, on kids television, on kids apps, and demanding everyone say it's ok not only to smoke, but to encourage children to be open to it. That is where the divisiveness comes from.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Edumakated

Or better yet, when the parents decide to make their kid gay the kid, will file a lawsuit claiming the parents denied them a "normal" life.

I can see that happening a lot once it's no longer trendy and cool on social media to be gay.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

I also teach them not to worry about the decisions of others, that there are plenty of great people who do smoke.

For someone who teaches their kids not to worry about the decisions of others you are sure doing a lot of worrying about the decisions of others.

But just for you since you seem to be missing something. Teaching our kids to be accepting of other people, by in this case having a rainbow section in target, is not the same as joe camel in the kids section. Your kids won't get cancer because they see a rainbow.
edit on 3-6-2019 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
a reply to: ntech

What did the Bible say would be common place??

What point in history was homosexuality not common place...

Ancient Greece??? All over..

Sparta?? All over

Can’t firget pedophilia was only considered pedophilia before her first menstration.. so pedophila has been perfectly acceptable for basically all of human history.. till now..

There is nothing happening now that wasn’t 1,000 times worse before science.

So was slavery and rape and hanging and beheading, etc.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   

For someone who teaches their kids not to worry about the decisions of others you are sure doing a lot of worrying about the decisions of others.

No, I'm not. Unless you view my objections to sexualizing kids as worrying about the decisions of others.

Your kids won't get cancer because they see a rainbow.

And they won't get AIDS because they see joe camel, either.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Actually it became weaponized in 2012. Remember when Obama and Clinton were against it until they were for it? Even California was against it. This country really took a crap when liberals ran it.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Your kids won't get AIDs from seeing a rainbow; they won't even get AIDs if they practice safe sex; whether that be with a member of the same sex or the opposite.

Its really that simple. If your worried about AIDs teach your kids how to have safe sex. Teaching them to disapprove of other people's sexual orientation won't keep them safe from AIDs.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: rickymouse

You know. I agree with you about the targetting the youth to try and make them be like you is wrong. I feel the same way about religion though. I think children should be taught critical thinking and leave the brainwashing, be it religion, sexuality or otherwise, out of it.

In reading your post it got me thinking of the other groups and such that do the very same thing, but due to cultural acceptance, gets a pass. Which has complicated things, there are lots I want to eventually teach my children when I have them, but where does indoctrination begin and education end?

How does one know when they've taken the step from educating a child to indoctrinating them into your personal beliefs and desires? Is it always bad to do so? Is some indoctrination good? Is some bad? How do we determine which is which? Is it even possible not to? Would that not require you to be a machine as it would require you to distance a child from your own beliefs and self? Would your own subconscious interfere and foil such an attempt? Would your behaviour in everyday life not give your real feelings away?

I just don't know.

Your job, as a parent, is to teach them right and wrong and don't use them as a pawn. My kids follow my politics and follow my path. All I've done is given them both sides and let them decide when I'm asked. For instance, hearing a story about Trump in the media. I pull up the actual truth and let them see that versus the story by the media (because every one of their lies can be so easily debunked with video evidence). It only took one time for them to see the lies of the media and none of them are even 18 yet. My oldest has a Farcebook account but I won't let him post anything political or in regards to things that get political like shootings, etc.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I'm still pissed they took the rainbow...

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: Annagramma

Wrong. If you tell your kids it's just fine to like someone of the same sex, they're gonna be ok with trying it out. That's how we got to the divisive point we're at now. When you tell them that it's wrong, which is your job as a loving and caring parent, then they'll understand and won't want to try it out. If they really are gay, it'll come out in the wash when they're older. But if you drive them to being gay, they absolutely will become/act gay to make you happy. If it's worth the social media likes and pity, go for it. I'll be sure to keep my kids on the right path, though.

Sorry, gotta step in here as a man who sleeps with me, and is on the Right side of the aisle.

This, right here, is why there's such a high suicide rate among gay teens. They've been indoctrinated to believe that their fundamental biological urges are wrong; that they as humans are 'wrong' and 'bad'. As someone who went through this and has wished, hoped, lived, and prayed the gay away... it's still there. This wasn't something that 'happened' to me in my childhood. This isn't something I was taught. This isn't something I wanted. But it's who I am, and it took me over 30yrs to accept that. If you legitimately think that someone would CHOOSE this, then I feel very sorry for you... and I'm loathe to say it because no parent should EVER have to hear it, but I feel sorry for your children.

It'll "come out in the wash" if they're gay? No. They'll hurt, cry, plead, pray, and beg for themselves to be 'the same' as everyone else because a parent, the one person in their life whose opinion means the world to them -- the one person they should be able to trust and be loved by unconditionally -- has told them they're defective. That's tantamount to saying you wish they'd not been born because they came out wrong. You may not see it that way when you speak your mind, but I 100% guarantee that's what they'll hear. As an added bonus, if they're not gay, then you've successfully taught a new generation to judge and hate those who are different because of a fact they cannot control. Congrats?

This thinking is so incredibly harmful to those of us who go through this. I don't go to pride parades, I don't hang my hat on my sexuality, I don't even bother discussing it. Why? Because people who know absolutely f*ck-all about my background, education, life, choices, desires, fears... call me and people who've shown me unconditional love an abomination. Who on earth allowed us to be the arbiters or what is right and wrong when it comes to this issue? (If you are going to reference any particular sky fairy, then I'm afraid that's the end of any rational discussion that might have followed)

To be fair, there are some REALLY #ty members of the LGBTQLMNOP+ community, and I treat them with the same disdain that I treat other #ty people. This isn't tribal; this is biological. I'm not a member of 'the community' precisely because its messaging is often ridiculous. I don't care for a 'pro gay' agenda - I just want a "who gives a sh*t?" agenda. It's a non-issue. No amount of 'educating' someone or telling them what is right and wrong will ever change what their body, brain, and other organs yearn for. It will only harm how they perceive themselves for what they cannot control.

That being said - No amount of rainbow flags, no number of tutus on your son, and no amount of exposure to the gay community is going to make a guy go, "Hey, I'm so turned on by that penis". It just won't. Just as no amount of conversion/exposure/whatever therapy is going to make someone who is gay go, "Ooooh, boobs!". It just doesn't work that way. Go and talk to some people who've gone through this. Listen. Actually listen. There are untold numbers of studies regarding human sexuality that highlight this time and time again. They study pupil dilation, engorgement, any number of biological indicators for arousal, etc. when exposing subjects to specific stimuli. Nobody in nearly 50 years of study has been able to change their biological reaction to male/female exposure. There are entire courses (including a neuro course I took on this exact subject at one of the US's top medical schools) dedicated to trying to untangle the intangibles around this issue. Do I know why or what caused it? Nope. Do I know it's not a 'learned' behavior? Uh, duh, I've been trying to unlearn it for 30 years, and countless others have taken their lives because they were told they should be able to unlearn it, but just couldn't. This goes far, far beyond Pavlov.

Your job as a parent is to teach your children to think critically, work hard, treat people with respect, and care for their fellow man. Let them grow beyond the borders of your thinking; an educated and more enlightened child is the highest compliment to a parent. One who stagnates in their thinking and doesn't think through issues on their own simply because they've been told to think one way or another is just... a drone. A copy. I prefer interest on my investments, and I like to think that a child that grows beyond their parents' thinking is an interest payment on humanity.

Is society harmed by The Gays? Sure. In the same way it's harmed by any other number of issues around which we've built our current spate of identity politics. The harm doesn't come because they're going to gayify your kids, it's because they're choosing to call attention to their sole difference and making that the single issue on which they vote/emote.

There's a clear line between someones politics, activism, and sexuality. And there are a LOT of gay/bi people who don't follow the fold and who would otherwise champion your causes. But this lack of actual understanding of the fundamental biological facts makes it REALLY hard for us to stand with you because we know you harbor a secret disdain. I, likewise, harbor a disdain for ignorance... though I don't keep it secret. Ignorance can change. Gay cannot.

Think of it this way - People who say things like what you've said are the Nancy Pelosi making a statement about a cover up before walking into a meeting with Trump. You can't possibly expect a cordial sit-down and detente if you truly and intellectually honestly believe that, let alone try to teach others that. The more that thinking spreads, the louder the Pride parades will become until people finally just say, "Who cares?".

My government and your opinions end at my front door, and they certainly end at my bedroom door.

Who cares?
edit on 3-6-2019 by CooBoo because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-6-2019 by CooBoo because: Typo

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   

You seem to have missed my point. Your kids won't get cancer from seeing joe camel. The influence and predisposition they may come to have because of that makes them more likely to get lung cancer. Heck, they could get lung cancer without smoking too. Smoking simply increases the likelihood of it. Same with homosexuality. There is a reason AIDS is many times more prevalent in the gay community. Does avoiding homosexuality guarantee against AIDS? Nope. Just like avoiding smoking doesn't guarantee against lung cancer.

You obviously don't approve of the tobacco industry advertising directly to minors and I agree with you. I also don't agree with the LGBT community targeting minors. For some reason you're ok with it. Likely for emotional reasons.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   

There is a reason AIDS is many times more prevalent in the gay community. 

I'd argue it is your mentally that causes AIDs to be more prevalent in the gay community. AIDs as you know is a sexually transmitted desies (let's ignore the Drug and transfusion implications for the moment) that can be 99% prevented through proper safety during sex. This is true whether you are homosexual or heterosexual.

When you seek to eradicate all signs and acceptance of homosexuality, so that your weak willed children aren't influenced by these people, you drive this this portion of the community underground where they won't seek proper treatment and proper tutelage regarding their sexual activities out of fear of you. This proliferates AIDs, it does not combat AIDs.

What Target is doing is far more effective at keeping our children safe from the ills of sex than your zeal to eradicate Homosexuality.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: CooBoo

That being said - No amount of rainbow flags, no number of tutus on your son, and no amount of exposure to the gay community is going to make a guy go, "Hey, I'm so turned on by that penis"

You have to realize these people are afraid that they, or their children, already do find that people of their same sex attractive. If they are already fearful that they, or their children, may be predisposed to find the same sex sexually arousing than hiding the sexual orientation sounds like an appealing way to prevent themselves or their children from partaking in those feelings.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join