It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pride Month: The Slippery Slope Is Real

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Dfairlite

I'm a firm believer in freedom and equal rights.

If people are gay, then they're gay. If they want parades and to celebrate being gay, . . . . *shrugs* good for them.

But pedophiles infringe on the rights of children. I think we should be allowed to shoot them.

Publicly.

Well if we're talking equal rights, wheres the straight parade at?

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

Like I said, it depends on what you're measuring. STD's are at all time highs. Abortions are at all time highs. Depression has risen greatly. Suicide rates are rising. Morality in general is on the decline. Our justice system is perceived to be unfair (and probably is in many, many ways). Nobody trusts the media (rightfully or not, this is a problem). Addiction is creeping up to worrying levels. We are so much worse off in many, many ways than we were 20 years ago. If you don't see that, you've got blinders on or are very young.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
How about, instead, we try to be good people. Just that...people.

Instead of identifying with witch ever group.

We all claim we want equality, always a good thing, yet we separate ourselves into this group, or that group...demanding we be treated differently from others.

That's a fine sentiment. Now you just gotta get them to stop self segregating. It won't happen though, since that would mean no more special status.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

The silent majority continually accepts being governed by the minority. Imagine if all of the white people marched for "civil rights" because they perceived to be under attack (and are by many accounts). Same with straight people. The only majority that ever marches for a purpose (women) pretends to be a minority, when they're not.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Bluntone22

It's even sadder if the only thing you feel makes you special in life is how you have sex.

Whoa! Good observation, Kets. Poignant insight.

I feel the same way about the trans thing that has been burning its way through GRADE SCHOOLS, as well as middle schools. I have a deep hunch that besides that it has been pushed on society in both subtle and flagrant ways for a decade now (at least), kids want a way to feel special, and boy, will "identifying" as the opposite sex do it! Not only that, but in order to not make them feel ousted in society/school, adults will give them whatever they want and bend head over ass to make sure they feel "safe." An adult not DARE draw some lines for fear of being accused of "transphobia" or whatever other shaming word will get IMMEDIATELY invoked.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: Wardaddy454

The silent majority continually accepts being governed by the minority. Imagine if all of the white people marched for "civil rights" because they perceived to be under attack (and are by many accounts). Same with straight people. The only majority that ever marches for a purpose (women) pretends to be a minority, when they're not.

I wish I had the same privileges as a woman.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Dfairlite

Since gay is something you're born with it is probably logical that children who are gay not be subjected to the confusion of generations past where the girls were given baby dolls and the boys were given trucks. Best to allow for every instance and every possiblilty so that kids dont feel like freaks.
Acceptance and support can go a long way.
If a child is not gay they are not going to be turned gay.

I was born alcoholic...I will send my PayPal account, send me a grand and support how I was born.

Me too. And I've definitely felt shamed and singled out for it. I think I'm due some support as well. A grand would certainly help me feel more accepted for a day or two.
edit on 2-6-2019 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I am not sure where the source of that Snapchat filter is, I dont have that on my phone, but the "love has no age" part doesnt appear to be part of the actual filter and it appears to be what someone has typed onto the image. You can after taking a photo type something onto the image and it can be in that same font too.

Also, as someone that is gay, I never really used to understand anything to do with the parades and stuff but I know people that do and are actually encouraged by that, many are still worried that there are those that want to take the rights away and that is why they continue to fight for things. I absolutely do believe there are people that would like to take away equality measures that have been instituted like marriage, visitation rights in hospitals, etc. To say discrimination is gone isnt really correct either, last week a friend of mine that is bisexual had his face stomped into a sidewalk for being seen with a guy. My particular situation, there isnt a single person I know in real life that knows I am gay, I have concealed it from everyone because I know my family wouldnt be alright with it, so it is something I've kept inside. I went to a private school where it was, and still is 100% banned. You cannot even have a parent or guardian that is to attend that school. We were taught it was wrong from K through 12th grade. And still about 5 or 6 out of the 200 or students that went there were. It can be a very lonely feeling. That gives me an understanding a little bit of some of the clothing, and kids shows and stuff that people say is pedophilic.

I'll be honest..I thought the Target thing was weird at first too, the TV shows not as much, because the feeling I've gotten is never that they're trying to convince your kids to be gay, but on the Target thing, I thought it was weird..until some people in some of the social media groups I read started saying how much they'd wish they had seen something like that when they were younger to make them feel less alone.

Im not going to pretend to know what causes, I dont, I've spent many years attempting to change it until I finally just realized its not going to work.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Some seriously sick stuff on this topic. The scitzoid thing about the progressives, they push the alphabet agenda on one hand, and the Islam agenda on the other, both diametrically apposed to each other.
By the way, Jesse Jackson called and wants his flag back.
Oh another thing on topic...speaking of genetics, science is nearly finished mapping genes, and is in the process of determining "markers" that control the "on-off" switch of genetic predisposition. So in the future, we will be able to manipulate what genes are off and on. So to the homosexual, will you want that marker switched off? Will heterosexuals want to switch their marker for any reason?
edit on 2-6-2019 by Zrtst because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Highly debatably that someone is "born with the gay" (im paraphrasing).

You know the whole nature vs nurture debate? It's not one or the other. Parental and societal projection has a huge weight your post seems to be selectively ignoring.

By encouraging boys to wear dresses and play with dolls, so they don't feel like "freaks" aren't you conditioning their behavior?

a reply to: Sillyolme

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: trb71

I am not sure where the source of that Snapchat filter is, I dont have that on my phone, but the "love has no age" part doesnt appear to be part of the actual filter and it appears to be what someone has typed onto the image. You can after taking a photo type something onto the image and it can be in that same font too.

Nope, it's right in the filter, it's the last one you can choose in the set.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Straight or gay most peoples lives are not defined by how they have sex. Its one small part of life. Like diet soda or comfortable slippers. Neither of which define us either.
This needs to be in the who cares catagory of life. Like what color you paint your kitchen or whether you like coffee or tea.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I'm morticiafied to admit, I think I might agree with you. lol

edit on 3-6-2019 by Artemis12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I am from a different generation than you I am sure.
Toys were very sexually divided.
I got a toy oven a toy washing machine toy dishes baby dolls and art and crafts sets.
my brother got Tonka trucks and G.I. Joe and sports equipment and doctor sets and chemical sets.
What roles were we being groomed for do you think? Me the mother and my brother the provider.

and little girls took a lot of gruff if they were what they called Tomboys. And little boys who liked dolls were laughed at and humiliated.

I didnt make any assumptions about what gay boys do or do not do. Where did I say boys could not play with trucks? I did not say it. I was illustrating a point that kids should not be put in tidy boxes. I was talking about acceptance and kindness. Not trying to put anyone in a box.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

Ah... A well thought out response.
Thank you for the intelligent conversation and enlightened repartee.
Always a pleasure.
edit on 632019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The state doesn't give the winners houses. The winners buy them.
Obviously you do not identify as a mansion owner yet.
Try a vision board and positive affirmations.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

The state doesn't give the winners houses. The winners buy them.
Obviously you do not identify as a mansion owner yet.
Try a vision board and positive affirmations.

A vision board, really? Has it ever worked for you?

I'm curious because it hasn't done #hit for me.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

So gay boys and straight girls cant like truck or the color blue?

I didnt say that. What I said was kids should be allowed to express themselves in what ever safe way they want.
That seems pretty inclusive to me.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   

a reply to: JDmOKI

So gay boys and straight girls cant like truck or the color blue?

I didnt say that. What I said was kids should be allowed to express themselves in what ever safe way they want.
That seems pretty inclusive to me.

Define Safe? When I was 7, Safe was riding my bike while standing on my banana seat going 30 miles per hour.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I think we need to stop making our children sexual entities. I have a few (6 and 9) they don't know what "gay" or "strait" even truly means let alone know how they sexually feel on the subject. And to be clear this is not because I shelter them from the subject; I'm willing to bet that they have interacted with gay people more than most of the people in this thread. Its simply because they aren't sexual yet.

Let them be kids; there will be plenty of time for their sexualization and all the emotions good and bad that come with it when they grow up.
edit on 3-6-2019 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join