It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pride Month: The Slippery Slope Is Real

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Or if they can identify the gay gene before birth. The abortion debate will really rage then.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

Well, of course, that makes it all OK then ...

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ntech

What did the Bible say would be common place??

What point in history was homosexuality not common place...

Ancient Greece??? All over..

Sparta?? All over

Can’t firget pedophilia was only considered pedophilia before her first menstration.. so pedophila has been perfectly acceptable for basically all of human history.. till now..

There is nothing happening now that wasn’t 1,000 times worse before science.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

You know, you raise an interesting point here. Gender used to actually be a spectrum. You had femme guys and tomboy girls and everything inbetween. Now we force those same guys into saying/thinking they're actually girls (because they don't fit into traditional gender stereotypes) and we force those same girls into saying/thinking they're actually boys, for the same reason. Just more backwards thinking from the "progressives."

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

What makes what ok?? I’m sure that was sarcasm, but please clarify.

The fact that it was perfectly acceptable for the the rich and powerful to openly have sex with children before idk the last hundred years..

Or the fact you could legally rape your wife or torture your slaves before the last 150 ish years..

Arguments pretending humanity is worse than ever are a joke..

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I've got a lot of gay friends, and I'm from a generation when bullying/gay bashing was common, when people waited until after high school to come out because it was safer. Funny thing, even back in the early 90s a lot of them weren't big on Pride marches. And they hated the activists groups like Queer Nation.

I used to be a member of the LGBT community, back when not being heterosexual was a horrible thing that had big social and employment consequences.

That time really does not exist anymore across normal America.

Quit that community years ago when the discussion of Pedophilia joining the ranks was starting to come up.

LGBT is now nothing more than a political front group for leftist extremists.

As for marches and a month named after non-hetero, I quite honestly find that embarrassing.

As I do Black pride month, etc.

How about American Pride year?

If you define yourself by your skin color or your sexuality you are really losing out on a whole lot of life in the process.

To the OP, I fear that you are correct.

The LGBT movement has been weaponized over the course of a few decades to become something a whole lot more sinister than equal rights for different sexualities.

It has become a PC tool for the left... nothing more.

Which considering where it started and why it did is a shame.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I'm not sure that the gay friends I have would approve of those rainbows on things. Some might be still searching for some young stuff to go after, but most of the ones I know are not that enthused by sex with the young in their old age. They are over the midlife crisis already. The gays always were trying to increase their numbers, that I see as normal, but I do not consider their trying to convert the young as anything other than brainwashing techniques.

I do not care if someone is gay, they can do what they want with their lives, but trying to turn others to their ways at a very young age is not acceptable to me. That colorful rainbow is meant to attract the young kids to their way, not legally aged people.

There are gays that did try to target the young, and there are gays that are just like the normal non-pedo people in the world. The majority of gays are not bad at all, but they do have some in amongst them that target kids.

I do not sympathize with People targeting young kids for sex orientation changes, . I do not approve of any older people prepping eight years old with sex education, they do not need to be learning that stuff in grade school. They do need to learn to respect others differences, but not be forced to change or comply with change.
edit on 2-6-2019 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Yep, we've moved far beyond treating each other as people and live/let live. I've always found it ironic that they use the word pride for their movement. One of the seven deadly sins. We have black history month, latino Heritage month, hell even math education month. Then there is pride month... just wow.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

There are gays that did try to target the young, and there are gays that are just like the normal non-pedo people in the world. The majority of gays are not bad at all, but they do have some in amongst them that target kids.

Yes, the movement is the problem. Unfortunately many of the decent ones find themselves supporting the movement out of some false feeling of fealty.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

Yes, the movement is the problem. Unfortunately many of the decent ones find themselves supporting the movement out of some false feeling of fealty.

The majority of the gay people around here are decent people, but there are some weird overpowering jerks trying to push their way on everyone.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   
retracted.....dont want to go to far off topic

edit on pm66201919America/Chicago02p03pm by annoyedpharmacist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

we have 2 gay people in our family we didn't discourage them or encouraged them we left it up to them as in all things when your old enough to make this decision do what you feel right doing but i definitely do not condone targeting kids ever
edit on 2-6-2019 by Steveogold because: add on

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

We are far worse than we were 20 years ago. Really though it depends on what you're measuring.
edit on 2-6-2019 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   

You know. I agree with you about the targetting the youth to try and make them be like you is wrong. I feel the same way about religion though. I think children should be taught critical thinking and leave the brainwashing, be it religion, sexuality or otherwise, out of it.

In reading your post it got me thinking of the other groups and such that do the very same thing, but due to cultural acceptance, gets a pass. Which has complicated things, there are lots I want to eventually teach my children when I have them, but where does indoctrination begin and education end?

How does one know when they've taken the step from educating a child to indoctrinating them into your personal beliefs and desires? Is it always bad to do so? Is some indoctrination good? Is some bad? How do we determine which is which? Is it even possible not to? Would that not require you to be a machine as it would require you to distance a child from your own beliefs and self? Would your own subconscious interfere and foil such an attempt? Would your behaviour in everyday life not give your real feelings away?

I just don't know.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

I think we all know why they want these coloured clothes in the childrens section... don't we?

Many times I've said on many threads that it's a lo of indoctrination an grooming of children to be like them, when the children should have been left alone.

I don't have children but I'm calling on those who do, to protest this movement as much as you can.

(post by Sublimecraft removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

You've asked some good questions. If you don't mind my attempts at answering some of them, here they are.

How does one know when they've taken the step from educating a child to indoctrinating them into your personal beliefs and desires?

When you can't explain why, you've gone from education to indoctrination. There is no black/white line that every parent can follow because we all have our own experiences that shape what we know and believe and why we know and believe those things.

Is it always bad to do so? Is some indoctrination good? Is some bad?

I'd say yes, some is good and some is bad. The problem with indoctrination though, it is a weak foundation. Once it crumbles (and eventually it will) there is resentment and usually they disregard education along with the indoctrination.

How do we determine which is which?

What brings goodness and happiness vs what brings pain and suffering. It's funny we've lost this idea as a culture in america. It is assumed what I want to do is what will make me happy and what I don't want to do will not, when more often than not it's the other way around.

Would that not require you to be a machine as it would require you to distance a child from your own beliefs and self? Would your own subconscious interfere and foil such an attempt? Would your behaviour in everyday life not give your real feelings away?

Your kids need to be raised by a person. A person who has beliefs, faith (we all have it, religious or not), mercy, compassion, and is mostly just. This pursuit of only the truth and science is folly from the start because we don't have perfect knowledge. Science changes. Truth is subject to perspective (in many ways). Just as an example: scientifically, eugenics is a very solid idea, in practice it's horrifying and disgusting.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

BWAHAHAHA that is hilarious..

The internet barely existed 20 years ago..

There have been countless medical advances..

AIDS was “cured “ in roughly that time timeperiod..

edit on 2-6-2019 by JustJohnny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

You know. I agree with you about the targetting the youth to try and make them be like you is wrong. I feel the same way about religion though. I think children should be taught critical thinking and leave the brainwashing, be it religion, sexuality or otherwise, out of it.

In reading your post it got me thinking of the other groups and such that do the very same thing, but due to cultural acceptance, gets a pass. Which has complicated things, there are lots I want to eventually teach my children when I have them, but where does indoctrination begin and education end?

How does one know when they've taken the step from educating a child to indoctrinating them into your personal beliefs and desires? Is it always bad to do so? Is some indoctrination good? Is some bad? How do we determine which is which? Is it even possible not to? Would that not require you to be a machine as it would require you to distance a child from your own beliefs and self? Would your own subconscious interfere and foil such an attempt? Would your behaviour in everyday life not give your real feelings away?

I just don't know.

All cultures and religions try to brainwash their people. In Christianity, it has evolved now to a better system than it was in the past. I know lots of Christians and the majority are just people who want society to go along a better path. There are some overwhelming Christians who do not respect the ways of others, but that is not what Jesus was saying in the bible. Christianities evolution made it possible now for gays to actually have equal rights. Because they were so against gays, the young actually learned they were obsessed and it swung to a better way, but there are some gays and other groups that are abusing this new way we have created and want to push it to it's limits.

Just like how we as a society accepted abortions in the beginning of pregnancy or under certain situations longer, but some would not settle for that, they wanted abortions allowed up to birth. They wanted the woman only to be the one who chose whether the kid lived or died. So what is happening now, it is swinging way to far the other way as states are outright banning it in their states because abortions are now being exploited by people. Many of us would not have been born if abortions were legal like that, I know that I might not have been here and neither would my daughters or their kids. Christians used to teach their kids not to have kids and if a girl got pregnant, shotgun weddings did occur.

What is right or what is wrong is an opinion judged by consensus of the time of the culture at hand. I do not mind gay people, but I draw the line at changing a person's sex, because too many people are wasting their money on that and some groups of people are making a lot of money selling the services to change a person's sex. That is capitalism based on deceit. I feel sorry for the people who are convinced that changing their sex is going to solve their problems. Very few actually find that they are better, I know a couple of people who did or are doing this, it is not solving their problem, it is a temporary good feeling that some supporters are giving them that is fueling their high. Sooner or later those people will grow up and go their other way and they will again find themselves feeling inadequate, searching out others like their new self to reinforce their belief that they made the right decision....I feel sorry that they were talked into it by people who cannot comprehend that it was not needed.

The reality we live in is not a great reality, sometimes it is hell.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Bluntone22

It's even sadder if the only thing you feel makes you special in life is how you have sex.

Or define your whole life by it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join