It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pride Month: The Slippery Slope Is Real

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
a reply to: ihavenoaccount

I find the “leftist “ tag some made up BS so more moderate conservatives can pretend “we don’t mean everyone...” when the run around touting their ridiculous conspiracies..

I tend to agree. It's just a generalizing derogatory label exclusively used by conservatives. You don't hear people calling conservatives "rightists."

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
1) It's not the merchandise that I take issue with, it's the placement. In the childrens section. Furthermore, your equivocation of media "christian weddings/baptisms," is hilarious. LGBT folks make up a few percent of the population, Christians make up 70%. LGBT's are waaaaaay over represented in media. But I don't really even care about that as long as it's not media that targets children.

Do they not have CHRISTIAN apparel in the children's section? Do they not have sports apparel in the children's section? You are being alarmist. Shirts aren't going to turn kids gay, end of story. They aren't pushing a gay agenda anymore than they are pushing a pro sports agenda or pro Christian agenda. Here's a hint. Stores go by WHAT SELLS, they aren't pushing agendas. During pride month, there will be pride T-shirts advertised because more people will buy them. Similarly, during Christmas, there will be Christmas shirts advertised. You are just cherry picking what you like and don't like and feigning outrage. No, that is not equivocation, you are using the appeal to popularity fallacy, population % is irrelevant, it's about SALES. Learn basic logic. It's not just LGBTQ that buy those shirts, it's people who support them, and that number continues to grow.

2) My post isn't about gay marriage. It's about the targeting of children with sexual LGBT propaganda. The "love has no age" bit is in the first image of the OP. Maybe you didn't read it as carefully as you thought. As for pride day, we don't have any "christian pride" days. Nor do we need any. If you'd like a notable day based on the accomplishments of someone/thing in that community, by all means, but lets not pretend that's what "pride day" is about.

LMAO @ we don't have any christian pride days. You never heard of Christmas, Easter, All Saints Day, or the numerous other Christian holidays and events? Hell there is even a national day of prayer now. Every Sunday is Christian pride day LOL!

Pride day is about having pride in who you are, not turning people LGBTQ. Plus Christians do the same exact stuff AND they try to literally convert people AND force their views on children, but you have no issue with that when it's far worse than LGBTQ pride.

Your picture in the OP was cherry picked nonsense and completely unsourced. LMAO @ some random screen shot as proof that the slippery slope is real. Pedophiles existed before gay marriage and LGBTQ pride and they still exist now. Sorry but there is no logic whatsoever in that random screen shot. Love isn't the equivalent of sex also. I can love my daughter and she can love me back and that is showing unconditional love as having no age. You automatically equate that to perversion, though, no surprise.

You said the slippery slope is real, and the foundation of that argument comes from gay marriage. If not, where are you claiming the slippery slope started? Nobody is targeting kids with propaganda. They are telling them the FACT, that LGBTQ people are REAL and have every right to exist and live their lives the way they want.

3) "Nobody is shoving anything down your throat. Please show me where you are being forced to be trans or gay. Go ahead. Show me how homosexuality is being forced on you." This is just amazing. So basically unless someone forces me to be gay, I need to sit down, shut up, and have no opinion about it? May I suggest you do the same with christianity? Show me the way lol.

LOL! Now you are changing your argument in hindsight. Yes, you are claiming there is an LGBTQ agenda to force that lifestyle on other people. Yes, if people aren't forcing it on you, you have no right to claim they are. I didn't say you can't have an opinion, I said that the agenda you claim exists is completely fabricated and based on alarmism and nothing more. You claimed directly that they were shoving it down your throat. Please give an example of how that has been forced on you. You can't say a TV show is forced, you choose to watch it and have every right not to watch.

4) It's got nothing to do with my religion. The disease risks alone prove it's a health hazard. Then you get into the physical effects and it becomes quite gruesome. Of course there are no offspring either, which I'm big into family, they bring me a lot of joy. Then you can add in the religious aspects on top of that, but to boil it down to just religion is just your admission that there's no counter to any of the above and you hate religion so you're going to blame that and dismiss it all. Next, I am not suggesting we censor anyone or treat them poorly, you read that into my post all on your own and it only seems to exist in your mind.

The same disease risks exist for heterosexual and non LGBTQ people as well. What gruesome physical effects?? Just because you find it "icky" doesn't make it gruesome. Most LGBTQ live disease free and healthy. Who cares if there are no offspring (and they can adopt)? That's irrelevant. If somebody chooses not to have a family, that is their choice to make, whether gay, straight, bi or anything else. Just because you are big into family, doesn't mean other people have to be. You seem to think your way is the only way to live and other people can't do what makes them happy because of YOU. What do you mean there is no counter? I countered everything you said. Religion is your primary motivation for your view because your other excuses were double standards and other logical fallacies as I pointed out. You are not saying we should censor them, yet you are COMPLAINING about them being open with who they are and whining about pride month. You want them all to remain hidden LOL.

5) Unhealthy is a fact, see my prior point. Look up the AIDS and STD rates in the gay community vs the rest of sexually active adults. Look up the medical complications of homosexual intercourse over a long period of time.

No that's not a fact. It's your ignorant opinion. The disease rate overall is low. It may be slightly higher with homosexuals but that doesn't make it an unhealthy lifestyle. If you protect yourself from diseases, you most likely won't get them, and that's true with straight, gay, bi, etc.

6) I never said no one discriminates against them. Nice straw man.

Reading comprehension isn't your thing. You said that there is no "LGBTQ" hate month which is not only irrelevant but a stupid argument. LGBTQ have been discriminated against for years and years. Nice try. We don't have "hate" days or "hate" months here. We have pro LGBTQ days, pro Christian days, pro Latino days. You don't grasp basic reality.

7) Point me to the anti-lgbt shows of the 90's aimed at children. Hip-hop has been terrible music since it's inception, you've got a point there.

LOL! You are a horrible debater. My point was that hip hop was notoriously ANTI-GAY. I wasn't arguing whether the music was good or bad, but SHOCKER here, you hate ethnic music too, so you take shots at it. Anything that is non white, non christian you are against. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if you are a white nationalist.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   

a reply to: tanstaafl

You didn't hear about the kid who got aids because he believed in santa too long???

Did you hear about the kid who abandoned all logic and reason because he was forced believed in god before he could even think for himself? Yeah it happens every day and that's REAL indoctrination and brainwashing without choice. LGBTQ pride is all about having a CHOICE. You don't grasp that. Having pride in who you are does not force that lifestyle on anybody, but indoctrinating kids into religion does exactly that, yet you clearly have no problem with one and huge problem with the other.
edit on 6 5 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maroboduus
"Oh noes! People call me out now if i openly hate The Gays! MY FWEEDOMS!!!"

Really? is that why there are gay REPUBLICANS/CONSERVATIVES, many of them were formerly part of the demonrat party, and even former LGBT people who fell for that agenda and have pointed this out as well, and do point it out even to this day?...

You are nothing but another example of an authoritarian left-winger who wants to claim anyone who disagrees with your views must be "homophobic, xenophobic, or whatever other label you try to push because people would DARE disagree with you...

edit on 6-6-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

I tend to agree. It's just a generalizing derogatory label exclusively used by conservatives. You don't hear people calling conservatives "rightists."

No, you call us "nazis" for daring to back POTUS Trump which is worse...

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Did you hear about the kid who abandoned all logic and reason because he was forced believed in god before he could even think for himself? Yeah it happens every day and that's REAL indoctrination and brainwashing without choice.

Thank Jesus, the Baby Jesus and all the other Jesuses that I figured out at an early age what a giant ponzi scheme the Catholic church really is and that it's built entirely on guilt. Now I can do things like eat meat on Fridays without thinking I'm going to some made up place to burn for eternity for my serious transgression against all that's holy.

edit on 6-6-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Did you hear about the kid who abandoned all logic and reason because he was forced believed in god before he could even think for himself? Yeah it happens every day and that's REAL indoctrination and brainwashing without choice. LGBTQ pride is all about having a CHOICE. You don't grasp that. Having pride in who you are does not force that lifestyle on anybody, but indoctrinating kids into religion does exactly that, yet you clearly have no problem with one and huge problem with the other.

Well, one of those choices teaches kids to try to be kids and to abstain at least until they are adults... The other indoctrination is using kids to be drag queens to fulfill the fantasies of very depraved people by making kids perform in a sexual manner for adult perverts...

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

No, you call us "nazis" for daring to back POTUS Trump which is worse...

I don't call right wingers nazis, generally I only use that term when talking about actual white nationalists.

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

Well, one of those choices teaches kids to try to be kids and to abstain at least until they are adults... The other indoctrination is using kids to be drag queens to fulfill the fantasies of very depraved people by making kids perform in a sexual manner for adult perverts...

Again, having pride in who you are is not indoctrination. There is a huge difference between selling rainbow T-shirts in the kids section and forcing a religion on them before they can even think. The OP didn't even realize that PARENTS are the ones buying those shirts and putting them on their kids to support equality. It's not like that stuff is being forced on kids or marketed toward THEM and they are being taught to be drag queens. It is marketed to the parents, who are allowed to raise their kids as they see fit, regardless of Christian hatred toward them.

edit on 6 7 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

Nor do you hear anyone claim “leftist “ for themselves..

Just like every other conservative talking point I can think of.. it is a fake issue that they have to fabricate a bad guy for.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I agree with you. When you take the average human being of any orientation and work out how long they actually spend whilst alive having sex it seems rather stupid to define ourselves based on that primarily.

If we aren't our thoughts, then we sure as hell aren't what we have sex with.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

You are being alarmist. Shirts aren't going to turn kids gay, end of story. They aren't pushing a gay agenda anymore than they are pushing a pro sports agenda or pro Christian agenda. Here's a hint. Stores go by WHAT SELLS, they aren't pushing agendas.

Hence the trend of get woke, go broke, right? Certainly not an agenda, they're just going with what sells... except it doesn't.

LMAO @ we don't have any christian pride days. You never heard of Christmas, Easter, All Saints Day, or the numerous other Christian holidays and events?

Wow, this is just sad and completely misses the point that I spelled out just for you. Christmas, the birth of the christian savior. Easter, the resurrection of the christian savior. All saints day is a catholic/lutheran holiday not a christian one. If you want to have a day that honors the great people who have been LGBT, great, but to celebrate the pride of being LGBT is weird. We do not have christian pride days, as much as you wish we did. We have days to remember specific events or people, that's it.

Now you are changing your argument in hindsight. Yes, you are claiming there is an LGBTQ agenda to force that lifestyle on other people. Yes, if people aren't forcing it on you, you have no right to claim they are.

LOL indeed. my argument is that they're shoving their agenda down my throat, you replied "Nobody is shoving anything down your throat. Please show me where you are being forced to be trans or gay. Go ahead. Show me how homosexuality is being forced on you." Now you're arguing that I'm claiming they're forcing people to be gay. You can't make up this retard level thinking. Good job. You pwnd yourself.

The same disease risks exist for heterosexual and non LGBTQ people as well.

Not even close, you're many times more likely to get STD's and even more likely to get AIDS if you participate in homosexual relationships. It's not even close.

What gruesome physical effects??

Your ignorance is showing. I'll let you google this one.

What do you mean there is no counter? I countered everything you said. Religion is your primary motivation for your view because your other excuses were double standards and other logical fallacies as I pointed out.

Is that what you think you did? LOL. Saying "the disease risk is the same for straight people" isn't a counter. It's a flat out lie. It's a parade of your ignorance. Ignoring my other motivations and applying them all to religion is just more of the same. But that's what I expect of the mental midgets that make up the modern day left. They really are just ill equipped for rational discussion. It's all emotional.

You are not saying we should censor them, yet you are COMPLAINING about them being open with who they are... You want them all to remain hidden LOL.

No, I'm not and no I don't. I'm complaining about the placement of their sexual propaganda (targeting children). This is really an easy concept for most people to separate but you're having a very difficult time.

[about disease risk being higher in the gay community] No that's not a fact. It's your ignorant opinion.

I'm just going to let you self pwn again here.

The disease rate overall is low. It may be slightly higher with homosexuals...

LMAO, this is just sad.

Reading comprehension isn't your thing.

This is too rich.

You said that there is no "LGBTQ" hate month which is not only irrelevant but a stupid argument.

Basically you read my argument then discarded it for one you thought I should be arguing (because you have a rebuttal for it). So when I called it a straw man, I was right. Your response is to try to straw man it again? LOL

We don't have "hate" days or "hate" months here.

I never said we did. You're having a very hard time following the argument. My comment about hate days and and hate months was a response to your objections that people who dislike gays are allowed out in public. Again you are having a difficult time separating people from their agenda. Once you separate the two, you'll become much more effective at presenting a counter argument.

You don't grasp basic reality.

Yes, that's me. I'm the one who doesn't grasp basic reality because I don't want a sexual agenda in the kids section of the store, on the kids TV series. That makes me the one who doesn't grasp reality.

LOL! You are a horrible debater.

My point was that hip hop was notoriously ANTI-GAY.

Ok. It's also notiriously anti-woman.

I wasn't arguing whether the music was good or bad, but SHOCKER here, you hate ethnic music too, so you take shots at it.

Wait, so hating on gays and women can be good music? It's sad how much I control you. First you're against hip hop (because it was anti-lgbt). Then I agreed with you so you switched positions. That is just craziness on display.

Anything that is non white, non christian you are against.

Go on, tell me more about myself, chloe!
Just as a side not, I love jazz and blues. You ought to look up the origins of those.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least if you are a white nationalist.

I just want to point out that those last three quotes are your response to being asked to show me the 90's shows that were anti-lgbt and aimed at children. The irony that your first line in that response were to call me a horrible debater is just so, so rich.

Did you hear about the kid who abandoned all logic and reason because he was forced believed in god before he could even think for himself?

It's amazing, as a human population we've overwhelmingly believed in god for thousands of years and yet, somehow logic and reason marched onward. How did that happen?

Look it's obvious. You're a huge, hateful bigot. You project your shortcomings onto the people you're bigoted against and somehow think it gives your bigotry the moral high ground.

Having pride in who you are does not force that lifestyle on anybody

Correct. I've never said otherwise, as much as you've tried to pretend I did. My entire point here in this post is that advertising sexuality to children is wrong. Gay straight or otherwise. I have not once said that gay people should hide in the shaodws, as much as you wish I would say that. You want to know why? because I'm not a bigoted hateful person.

My request is quite reasonable: Don't target children with your sexual agenda.

So do you agree or disagree with that?
edit on 9-6-2019 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   

a reply to: tanstaafl

You didn't hear about the kid who got aids because he believed in santa too long???

LBGT pride is all about choice? That's funny you guys usually cry when people say that, thought you guys where born that way?

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I don't call right wingers nazis, generally I only use that term when talking about actual white nationalists. 

But other than singling out a specific race, and political ideology I do not see what is wrong with the description, white-nationalist. Why do you single them out?

Is it better to be a black-globalist? Because I do not hear much about that combination being singled out.

Or are you referencing to what Hitler was described as, to the masses, a white nationalist?

:

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Funny how the majority of American women and men are obese with the rest of them being overweight, which is only a smaller version of obesity, and your concern is that gay men and women are going to corrupt ''your'' children with gayness and destroy our Nation. Lmao. How about instead of complaining about a different sort of human sexuality you lot start campaigning to save lives by getting our people to lose weight instead?

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Ligyron

Funny how the majority of American women and men are obese with the rest of them being overweight, which is only a smaller version of obesity

Are you saying there are no Americans that aren't fat? Because that's what you wrote.

and your concern is that gay men and women are going to corrupt ''your'' children with gayness and destroy our Nation.

Am I only allowed one concern?

How about instead of complaining about a different sort of human sexuality you lot start campaigning to save lives by getting our people to lose weight instead?

So yeah, apparently I'm only allowed to be concerned about one thing. Not only that, you've decided for me that it will be obesity.

That was a really weird comment, Ligyron.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite Only the left could soil the image of a rainbow and push their agenda off on children its child abuse.

<< 15  16  17   >>

join