It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pride Month: The Slippery Slope Is Real

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
So you admit you have no real backing of the constitution when it may get in the way of policies you want? Quite the libertarian. LOL.

Why do I need backing for my opinion?

And the leftism comes out. Pray tell, was it wrong before the ruling too? Afterall it was the law of the land. Your intellect is severely lacking.

'Leftism', good one. It's only a matter of time until that gets tossed out by someone who disagrees with another person who isn't on the same part of the political spectrum as them. You're not the first person who's played that lossing card and won't be the last.

The fact that the Supreme Court ruled on this and you're on the wrong side of it means it's now suck it up time for the losers. Suck. It. Up. Slllllurrrrrrrrp.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
So changing the constitution is cool since you agreed with the changes. Got it.

Where was the Constitution changed? Did I miss an amendment being added or nullified?

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Why do I need backing for my opinion?

Well, because you said you were a libertarian and backed the constitution and now you're saying the hell with that.

It's only a matter of time until that gets tossed out by someone who disagrees with another person who isn't on the same part of the political spectrum as them.

Nah, you're a leftist. That's why I said it. You're unable to back up your point with logic/reason, so you've resorted to bigoted statements about religious people and an appeal to authority argument. Now add in the "suck it up" comments (which are completely irrelevant to anything being discussed).

Weak minds discuss people. Small minds discuss events. Great minds discuss ideas.

You are stuck in stage one and wandering into stage two. Let me know when you arrive in stage 3.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Oh wow, now playing dumb. This is embarrassing for you. Take a break.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I would probably compare it to the Trump campaign forcing little children to sing about how great Trump is.

But even that's not accurate. At least the gay kids are able to freely express their mind.

Meanwhile didn't the Trump kids end up sueing?

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

You can't be serious. You're calling AugustusMasonicus a leftist? You've been here since 2013, lol. If he's a leftist, then I'm Trump's illegitimate Guatemalan love-child.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   
The focus on children leaves me with this thought....

If being gay is hereditary than why target and groom children? Could it be if you are programmed at an early enough age you can be "turned" gay? In other words, maybe the true deviants understand this and realize gay is a choice. Just a thought.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ihavenoaccount

I know, it's crazy. Maybe he's just having a leftist moment. I've never seen him so unhinged and unreasonable. I've had many encounters with augustus both in agreement and disagreement. At no point before this thread would I have assumed he is a leftist.

Now I should clarify I'm not saying all of his policy ideas are leftist, just his argument (both in style and substance) on this particular topic.
edit on 4-6-2019 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

I would probably compare it to the Trump campaign forcing little children to sing about how great Trump is.

But even that's not accurate. At least the gay kids are able to freely express their mind.

Meanwhile didn't the Trump kids end up sueing?

SMH

Ok. Forget it.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ihavenoaccount

You can't be serious. You're calling AugustusMasonicus a leftist? You've been here since 2013, lol. If he's a leftist, then I'm Trump's illegitimate Guatemalan love-child.

We've both been a bit surprised by A's answers.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   

People didn't say that slippery slope wasn't real. They said that it is a logical fallacy to assume one thing will lead to others. Remember, it was the anti gay people that claimed gay marriage would led to marrying animals and children, something which still has ZERO chance of happening. WHERE IS THE SLIPPERY SLOPE???? Oh man, this is terrible, gay marriage led to people spreading message of equality and tolerance!! OH MAN!!!! THE HORROR!!!!!

Nobody is indoctrinating your kids to be homosexual or transgender. They are just being taught that these are real people that are equal to anybody else. Why are you so against that???? Teaching equality is not indoctrination, stop the hate mongering. You don't know what indoctrination even is. RELIGION is indoctrination. Teaching tolerance and equality is not. You guys literally NEED to be victims in every situation, it's beyond pathetic now. Claiming that the "slippery slope" happened based on a few tweets and silly cherry picked pictures is absurd. It's like you are just programmed to hate others and pretend like they all have to hide who they are over your stupid intolerant religion. Grow up.

edit on 6 4 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
But there are already gay children... all the way back to birth.

Maybe... but no way to prove it, and even if there were a way, the percentage would be tiny.

The little boy who wants to play with girls toys should not be told he cant.

I agree - but just because a little boy wants to play with dolls doesn't mean he is gay.

The little girl who refuses to wear a dress and wants only to play with the other boys should not be told she needs to be a little lady.

I agree - but it also doesn't mean she is gay.

Again they are not going to be turned gay

You are woefully wrong in this claim thought. It is not only possible, it is pretty easy to manipulate children into believing things, both about themselves and the world, and the real harm is done when parents allow their children to engage in behaviors that you can't come back from or undo - exposure to gay sex at young ages can absolutely create massive confusion regarding their sexual nature.

Dammit, it is hard enough to make it through puberty without having to deal with that kind of garbage from ignorant adults.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   

No. Don't forget it. If I'm wrong tell me why I'm wrong.

I feel like I have a good reputation on here and haven't had a problem saying when I f***ed up.

At the same time I will hit back with scientific studies if you're wrong.

So... Why is my post not worth a response?

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

People didn't say that slippery slope wasn't real. They said that it is a logical fallacy to assume one thing will lead to others. Remember, it was the anti gay people that claimed gay marriage would led to marrying animals and children, something which still has ZERO chance of happening. WHERE IS THE SLIPPERY SLOPE????

Apparently you missed all of the OP other than the first line. Calm down and go back and read it.

Nobody is indoctrinating your kids to be homosexual or transgender. They are just being taught that these are real people that are equal to anybody else. Why are you so against that????

I see. "Love has no age" is just about equality then?
Is this too?

Trans drag shows for kids, totally just about equality too.

And this certainly isn't about sexualizing kids either, is it?

Yes you may run under the banner of "equality" but we all know what the agenda really is. Perversion.

It's like you are just programmed to hate others and pretend like they all have to hide who they are over your stupid intolerant religion. Grow up.

I don't hate LGBT people. There are many fine LGBT people in my life and throughout our great country. I just don't see it as a healthy lifestyle nor one that will bring much happiness to my kids. If you could quit trying to shove it down their throats, that would be great. You don't want joe camel in the kids section of the store for good reason and I don't want your LGBT propaganda in it either, for the same reasons.

At no point did my religion come up either, well until you brought it up and called it stupid. Who's filled with hate now, bigot?

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I don't hate LGBT people. There are many fine LGBT people in my life and throughout our great country. I just don't see it as a healthy lifestyle nor one that will bring much happiness to my kids. If you could quit trying to shove it down their throats, that would be great. You don't want joe camel in the kids section of the store for good reason and I don't want your LGBT propaganda in it either, for the same reasons.

You dont see gay as a healthy lifestyle? Are you gay? If not, why does it matter what lifestyle anyone not you chooses?

Scared your kids will be gay? Will you love them less?

What if I didn't want my kids exposed to bigots that hated gays? Then what? Should those people be forced to stay out of sight? Just because how I feel?

If I visit a store and there's something I dont like, I go to another store.

Thats really easy.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

You dont see gay as a healthy lifestyle? Are you gay? If not, why does it matter what lifestyle anyone not you chooses?

No, I don't see it as a healthy lifestyle. It doesn't matter to me how others decide to live.

Scared your kids will be gay? Will you love them less?

No, I just don't want unhealthy behaviors normalized which will cause undue confusion.

Will you love them less?

No.

What if I didn't want my kids exposed to bigots that hated gays? Then what? Should those people be forced to stay out of sight? Just because how I feel?

Lucky for you, we don't have LGBT hate month. Nor do stores setup displays shaming gay people in the kids section.

If I visit a store and there's something I dont like, I go to another store.

Now imagine every time you turned on the TV for your kids, there was an anti-LGBT show on. Every social media platform was inundated with people telling your kids they should hate LGBT lifestyles. The news was promoting Anti-LGBT rallies emphatically. Stores were setting up anti-LGBT lifestyle propaganda in the kids section. An entire month was dedicated to promoting the hatred of LGBT lifestyles.

Would you go to another month? Would you switch to another social media platform? Would you stop watching the news?

Look, I'm an adult I don't need you to walk on egg shells around me. However, when my kids are involved, keep your crap to yourself. Likewise, when your kids are involved, I'll keep my crap to myself.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Apparently you missed all of the OP other than the first line. Calm down and go back and read it.

I read it all. It was dishonest and alarmist. Pure nonsense from top to bottom. Oh man, those rainbow shirts in walmart!! TOTAL SLIPPERY SLOPE BRO!! FIRST GAY MARRIAGE, NOW RAINBOW SHIRTS!!! THEY'RE TURNING US ALL GAY!!! Funny thing is that you don't even realize how ridiculous you sound as if there aren't another 99% of the shirts that aren't rainbow or promote gay pride. Come on now. What about all the pro Christian shirts being forced down our throat? What about how virtually every TV show has a Christian marriage or baptism? Keep that # to yourself, amiright? The double standards are comical. You are okay with Christianity being shoved down our throats for 2000 years, but less than a decade of promoting homosexuals as normal people and it's the end of the world for you.

I see. "Love has no age" is just about equality then?
Is this too?

What on earth are you talking about? How is that relevant to gay marriage??? Funny how you are committing the slippery slope fallacy to a T. Nothing detrimental has happened since gay marriage. OMG a national pride day?? HOW DARE THEY!!!!!! IT's not like Christians have numerous annual holidays or anything. LOL!

Trans drag shows for kids, totally just about equality too.

Correct. They aren't FORCING kids to have drag shows, they only allow them the opportunity IF THEY WANT. It's called freedom, something you do not comprehend. Religion is FORCED on kids before they can even think. LMAO at getting outraged over drag shows encouraging people to be themselves instead of what your intolerant religion wants them to be. When was the last time you were forced to go to or watch a drag show???

Bill Nye's show isn't a kids show anymore. This isn't the 80s. LMAO at claiming children are sexualized because of different flavors of ice cream interacting with one another to teach tolerance of people who are different on a netflix show that anybody is welcome to watch or not watch, but you keep claiming it's being forced on people. HOW?

Yes you may run under the banner of "equality" but we all know what the agenda really is. Perversion.

Wrong again, but keep spreading that fear and paranoia.

Nobody is shoving anything down your throat. Please show me where you are being forced to be trans or gay. Go ahead. Show me how homosexuality is being forced on you. Acknowledging that these people exist and should be treated as anybody else is not forcing homosexuality on others. You don't grasp that because of your victim mentality.

At no point did my religion come up either, well until you brought it up and called it stupid. Who's filled with hate now, bigot?

LMAO, we all know it's based on your religion. Don't lie. LMAO @ saying "I just don't see it as a healthy lifestyle that will bring happiness" and claiming your hate has nothing to do with religion. You are the one attacking others and spreading intolerance. All LGBTQ people want is to be treated equally. I don't see Christianity as a healthy lifestyle, but I'm not going around saying we should censor Christians, not let them have holidays, or treat them like subhumans.

No, I just don't want unhealthy behaviors normalized which will cause undue confusion.

Unhealthy is your personal opinion. Your subjective perception should not dictate how other people live or express themselves. You have no ground to stand on if you are claiming it is "unhealthy." You have no evidence for such, just your own bigotry.

Lucky for you, we don't have LGBT hate month. Nor do stores setup displays shaming gay people in the kids section.

Nice lie. Because bakers NEVER discriminate against homosexuals or treat them unfairly. For you guys, every month is hate LGBTQ month.

Now imagine every time you turned on the TV for your kids, there was an anti-LGBT show on.

No need to imagine that. It's been that way for decades, and only recently have LGBTQ been given the right to express themselves artistically or otherwise. I grew up in the 90s, where everything was anti-gay. The word "fag" was part of everybody's vocabulary back them. Pretty much all music during that decade (especially hip hop) was anti gay.

Likewise, when your kids are involved, I'll keep my crap to myself.

How is this post, keeping it to yourself??? You are preaching against them vehemently over pretty much nothing, just fake outrage.

edit on 6 4 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

the percentage is 100.

I didnt say that. I was saying allow them the freedom of choosing. I don't think playing with dolls will make a boy gay.
Boys grow up to be daddies too and handling a doll when they are young is just future role playing. Now if the boy puts the doll under his shirt and pretends to be pregnant he may be transgender... or just a clown.
My effort is to just get rid of the stupid labels and little boxes that define anyones roles in society no matter what their sex is.
It is not as bad as it used to be thats for sure and these efforts actually go a long way in improving society as a whole.
Look at how far we have come with racial equality and realize that the first steps there were met with fear too.
Live and let live.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Well, because you said you were a libertarian and backed the constitution and now you're saying the hell with that.

Tell me where the Constitution has been violated.
The Supreme Court weighed in which is their mandate as per the Constitution. It's not like this was some arbitrary matter, it worked its way through the judicial system and that process produced the result we now have.

Nah, you're a leftist. That's why I said it.

Okay bro, you caught me. You want to legislate who can have a marriage contract with whom, I don't. My view isn't leftist, it's individualist.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

, and the real harm is done when parents allow their children to engage in behaviors that you can't come back from or undo -

What behaviors are you referring to?

PS Almost every child is filled with stories about Santa and Christmas and the Easter bunny and fairies and it is so darling when they believe those things. They believe with all their little hearts that if they are good, or if they are quiet , or if they put a tooth under their pillow, or what ever action or belief we have subjected them to. They believe it.
But every one of them grow up and out of it. So no no one is turning gay because of anything they see and hear. They grow up and make their own decisions.
edit on 642019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join