It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is US debt really increasing?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I like to look at old posts on this site and this morning found A Very Interesting Clock in an OP from 2013. There are a lot of gems on this site if you just go looking.

The clock shows 4 country's national debt figures in real time. US National Debt (US$), Canada National Debt (CA$), UK National Debt (£) and Australia National Debt (AU$). All but the US numbers are ticking up rapidly. The US counter is ticking down rapidly.

Civilization Clock

Is this because it is the weekend and the government is not spending much at the moment? I don't think so.

The $22 Trillion U.S. Debt

As of January 2019, the total U.S. debt is $ 22,130,730,987,999 And it's rising fast.

$22 Trillion U.S. debt and rising is not true according to the clock linked above. Look at the live clock and see how much the debt has changed since I screenshot-ed this a little while ago. Is one of these is fake news or fuzzy math?

edit on 2-6-2019 by LookingAtMars because: the letter D

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Well what do people expect?

You can't spend $1.40 for every $1.00 you collect in revenue and expect anything different.
The big question is where do the cuts come from?

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
usdebtclock.org...

22 trillion and climbing.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   
This clock has a different total and many more categories.

As to which one is more accurate, the one I linked is closer to the figure provided by the Treasury.

link   
The debt is going up.

The scariest thing on the debt clock is this:

There should be more of us actually paying taxes.

link   
a reply to: DAVID64

So one of the clocks is broken?

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

We should trust the Treasury's numbers then?

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   

That is true without a doubt.

and as said above by Blunt "You can't spend $1.40 for every $1.00 you collect in revenue"

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Does money even matter anymore?

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Well what do people expect?

You can't spend $1.40 for every $1.00 you collect in revenue and expect anything different.
The big question is where do the cuts come from?

I think there is plenty of waste and useless programs that can be cut, but the ones in charge are making too much money off it.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Of course it is increasing. How else do you think we are paying for advanced secret technologies development?

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   

I would be more likely to believe the poodwaddle clock is wrong, than that the U.S. govt has stopped spending and is actually making a profit.
According to them, we've not only gained 5 trillion, but are making millions every minute.

Remember...We're talking govt debt and those guys spend money like there's no tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

You are probable right, but tax revenue is at an all time high and the economy is said to be growing.

I just find it odd that the two clocks have such a large discrepancy.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Its increasing every minute of every day! This is truly our nations biggest issue as we are creating indentured servitude for future generations. Government is too big, has been to big, is likely the largest employer in the USA including federal, state and local governing bodies and these employees don't PRODUCE anything other than more cost to the American taxpayer.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

That is true without a doubt.

and as said above by Blunt "You can't spend $1.40 for every $1.00 you collect in revenue"

Apparently you can. EVERYBODY owes money by now, even countries like rich Norway and North Korea, who you would think nobody would lend money too, but EVERYBODY owes...

The total debt in the world is something like $250 trillion. Properly higher by now, that number is from early last year...

So shouldnt the real question be, who owns all that money?? If it is the banks, why did they need a bailout 10 years ago? who owns that money, seriously!?! we are all born to be debt slaves, and we dont even know who our true owners are... Anyway, whomever owns all that money, could rid the world of all financial problems, with just a snap... Wait a minute, does Thanos own all our debt??
edit on 2 6 2019 by NoFearsEqualsFreeMan because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

I don't think so. But even if it did, the Mexicans will pay for it.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

If you want to eat and live, yes.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Didnt know you could eat money, i never ate any money, and i still live?

They only matter, because human beings, generally are pretty stupid.. Money is worth NOTHING, but we still use it to trade... No wonder the world is in a huge debt to someone or somebody....

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan

So shouldnt the real question be, who owns all that money?

Good point. I would say whoever owns the world. I am sure the answer to that question is different for many people. For me, I would have to answer the devil.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan

originally posted by: Arnie123

Didnt know you could eat money, i never ate any money, and i still live?

They only matter, because human beings, generally are pretty stupid.. Money is worth NOTHING, but we still use it to trade... No wonder the world is in a huge debt to someone or somebody....

Would you rather buy a car with chickens?
Money is a perfect way to trade merchandise.
The ability to borrow money is the problem.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join