It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United States is under Ransomware Attacks

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

Blaming the currency is totally jumping over the actual issue.

Oh no it isn't as its a root cause of avoidance of paying tax and now it leads to extortion. So thank you for coming out in support of criminals.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
a reply to: Bone75

OP's vagueness is quite suspicious

So you cant download a PDF file? rookie? Once I learn more I will call out Congress. Stay tuned............. Oh and Q did not send me!

You should've said it was a direct link to a pdf. Most of us "rookies" don't just download random sh!t off of a conspiracy theory site... that's how you get ransomware.

I see someone fixed it for you.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   

You know more about Ransomware than I do. Correct as I did not note that the link was a PDF. You taught me something! One of the Mods may have fixed it for me so thank you whoever!

I also know of a large manufacturer in Atlanta last year who hired some of the best forensic guys in the business after they were hit by Ransomware. Took em 4 months to get system up as they dd not want to pay the Ransomware. 4 months! So much for that other guy blaming it all on the IT pros.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Bone75
Conservative Utopian Republican

Me too!!! I don't know about Utopian but you write as if your a RHINO. I launched this thread as MSM has been hammering on Trump this past week for the same commodity. Could be used as a countermeasure against MSM.

I run a donor funded non-profit. I'm a republican with a heart... but I still have no idea what you're talking about because I don't download random sh!t off the internet.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
As I am some sort of map-geek, here are some maps about Cyber attacks:

Akamai

Kaspersky

Threatcloud

Fortinet

Digital Attack Map

I cannot see anything special, just the "normality" we all became accustomed to.. Cyber attacks galore!
edit on 2 6 2019 by ManFromEurope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Strange. I always wonder why others try to derail a thread. Here's another link for you:

A new organization will fall victim to ransomware every 14 seconds in 2019, and every 11 seconds by 2021.

1.5 million new phishing sites are created every month.

Ransomware attacks have increased over 97 percent in the past two years

phoenixnap.com...

Rate Of Ransomware Attacks

Jan 31, 2019
edit on 2-6-2019 by Waterglass because: added

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

You're derailing your own thread. Why don't you just tell us what this mysterious commodity is?

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I already answered that question to others on this thread. I would be releasing information that would result in greater financial harm to the employees and businesses involved. The situation remains open. I posted this thread as a means of reaching out for help as one way that criminals profit are by playing the futures contracts, thus others may be able to find what I missed or cannot see. Also, others out there may be provide information as this is a big deal and its not about romaine lettuce.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

If you work with this company, or have an association with any of the employees, then I would suggest that even just by starting this thread, then you and/or whoever your source is, are a security weakness and you may already be guilty of causing "greater financial harm to the employees and businesses involved."

The criminals probably already love your "helpfulness"

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I'm a sys admin for 128 end points and I basically run everything

There is a constant and serious cyber security threat against all businesses in the US

I deal with it everyday

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Nothing new about crooked people trying to steal money or valuables from people. The internet is just another avenue for that cause, an big one.

Do not actually think the government cares other than protesting their military.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The internet is a hackers wet dream....

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum
a reply to: network dude

untraceable payments is the key to this kind of blackmail. Ransomware attacks existed, but were limited to cash cards in small amounts.

Good security prevents attacks, period. Blaming the currency is totally jumping over the actual issue.

If you want to learn, that's cool, but please don't pretend to be the authority with no information to back it up.

No authority required, it's common sense, at least to me anyway

I think you are missing the point. Bitcoin isn't the cause of this, it's just a fantastic way to get paid, without being traced back to who did it. And yes, as I said in my thread, there are ways to protect against this, but even the absolute best backups and cyber security, won't stop an attack, you can only recover after one. If you can recover, then you don't need to pay the ransom, and you can say you won, but you will still have to spend a lot of time with recovery.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Probably why off site storage is a booming business right now

Ransomware?

Just image the drives with the backups

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Thanks for inspiring me. The Ransomware has been paid. So much for your junk science opine. My next thread on Ransomware will be whopper. I will also include reference to a Congressman. I will make sure I launch it while your asleep so you will have to wake up at say 3:30AM your time to earn yer keep as your bells and whistles will be going off.
Also as another point but didn't Putin direct the KGB to go back to typewriters in lieu of this type of sheet?

edit on 2-6-2019 by Waterglass because: added

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

Probably why off site storage is a booming business right now

Ransomware?

Just image the drives with the backups

and that concerns me to a point. How secure is the cloud? Do they list their disaster recovery plan?
I think it may give people the false impression that as long as it's in the cloud, it's all good. Local backups that go offsite are key. Both for security and speed of recovery.

You don't need internet to recover from a local backup. And in an emergency, that time may be critical.

I'm concerned as I know far too many businesses cheap out on IT.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Thousands. Look for my next thread next week on this subject. I will reference USA FBI statistics and others. The criminals now seem to be running the world.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Thanks for inspiring me. The Ransomware has been paid. So much for your junk science opine. My next thread on Ransomware will be whopper. I will also include reference to a Congressman. I will make sure I launch it while your asleep so you will have to wake up at say 3:30AM your time to earn yer keep as your bells and whistles will be going off.
Also as another point but didn't Putin direct the KGB to go back to typewriters in lieu of this type of sheet?

You sound upset, did you not get your cut?

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   

The company I work wont spend a dime on anything

Been cleaning malware off every end device and a few servers getting ready to quit before disaster strikes spent the last 3 months cleaning up someone else's mess

Great learning experience though, but we have tapes for backup

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I Googled "agricultural commodity market prices" and didn't see anything suspicious with the futures.

However, "agricultural ransomware attack" brought up some interesting stuff.

Malware disables Georgia Agriculture Department website

Another European manufacturer crippled by ransomware

DHS Warns of Cybersecurity Threats to Agriculture Industry

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join