It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terminator 6: Dark Fate - Official Teaser Trailer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 03:54 AM
link   
First trailer for Terminator 6 - Dark Fate .... try not to laugh.

Linda Hamilton (“Sarah Connor”) and Arnold Schwarzenegger (“T-800”) return in their iconic roles in Terminator: Dark Fate, directed by Tim Miller (Deadpool) and produced by visionary filmmaker James Cameron and David Ellison. Following the events of Terminator 2: Judgment Day, Terminator: Dark Fate also stars Mackenzie Davis, Natalia Reyes, Gabriel Luna, and Diego Boneta.

More "Oh my back" than "I'll be back" I think.

edit on 2-6-2019 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Not sure about this one, really......apparently James Cameron says it flows directly from T2.......so discounting all the others.

Old...Not Obsolete.

I always have a laugh at the "misconstrued" fact that the T800s were all the same, and look like Arnie.

In T1, Reece says they are manufactured to look Human....real skin, bad breath etc etc.....not mentioning the alert that they are not Human......Because They ALL look the same.

In Fact....in T1, in the flash forward scene of Reece in the tunnels, a T800 infiltrates that is Obviously not Arnie, its a shorty.......who in fact was Arnie's Bodybuilder bestie and still great mate, Franco Columbu.

Having watched the original at the Drive In, back in 1987..... between smooches, I can assure you all, that the inference was that the T800s looked like ANY random human...Obviously to infiltrate the human bunkers. Hence the Dogs!!.

Had they All looked the same, they would stand out straight away and be attacked.

T2, just meant they used a terminator type that was familiar to Sarah Connor.

All the rest of the movies insinuated that ALL T800s were Arnie, when in fact, they were not, according to the first movie.......

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Female terminator....cue the outraged virtue signalers.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   
So the Terminators got a race and sex change.

Didn't even make it past 60 seconds.

I'll pass/

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

They should be outraged.

It began targeting male gun lovers, and went around shooting people,.

Bad guy is a male terminator. Good 'guy' is a female terminator.

Hell they even shot up a police station, couple of times now.

Cue identity politics.

And not the first female terminator.

There was one before, but she couldn't act worth an eff.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

That was a great review you provided from the top of Virtue Mountain. As a cisgender, mega-hetro, gun-firing American badass I will also be boycotting this film and remain in my mommy's basement where she can feed me a steady diet of Hot Pockets while I browse the chans with the other incels.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   

I don't have a problem with a female terminator but I do have a problem with cash in movies , the virtue signaling seems to be coming from the writers and producers if this trailer is anything to go by.

edit on 2-6-2019 by gortex because: if not of

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
I don't have a problem with a female terminator...

Well that makes one of us!

Now, excuse me, I need to get back to my Unabomber cabin.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Who said anything about boycotting.

Is that what I'll pass means?

edit on 2-6-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I don't have a problem with a female terminator but I do have a problem with cash in movies , the virtue signaling seems to be coming from the writers and producers if this trailer is anything to go by.

No worries.

It was probably shot in Canada or some other look alike 'Murica.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Who said I was referring to you? I was talking about the mega men, like me, who will be boycotting this film because it has a terminator with a hoo-hah.

edit on 2-6-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Who said I was referring to you? I was talking about the mega men, like me, who will be boycotting this film because it has a terminator with a hoo-hah.

Whatever.

Back to no thread but what we make.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Rambo is back, Terminator is back. . . . revenge of the old folks!

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Rambo and Terminator.

The new chic flicks.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   

We had a female terminator already.
Movie number three.
Nobody cried.

That being said, and back on topic, this movie looks like a big pile of steaming franchice milking that's more concerned with representation than things like plot. Instead of bringing something new to the table it's going to be a recycled storyline with recast characters.
The last two movies completely failed to get the audience emotionally invested in anyone.

The studio needs to let the franchise rest in piece.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Terminator 6 and Rambo: The Last Blood trailers released nearly the same day.

Please. Make it stop.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I can't wait to watch this. I liked that girl in the new Blade Runner, I'd watch her again.

And quit your whining about female terminators. We get Linda Hamilton back, and she looks and acts tougher than most men, so there's your male lead.

Man up ATS. Buncha ladybois around here.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Duderino

I prefer my ladies to look like ladies...

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I can't WAIT for the Expendables 7 with all transgender cast.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

It is a franchise with many great idea's including different time line's and different sky-net's sending different terminators back in time that often work against one another.

That said it is perhaps time for Arnie to hang up his hat and also Linda Hamilton as though Iconic characters Terminator does not really need them.

Arnie will always be Conan from the better (if less like the book's) Conan movies anyway to me anyway.

Everyone has there own opinion, Terminator 1 set the stage and was different from anything else we had ever seen but watched again through today's eye's it is not really that good and Salvation takes the hat from it as the best of the terminator movies in my opinion, a conflicted and repentant criminal on death row experimented on and turned into a prototype terminator only to wake up still in the laboratory were he was created decades after the machine had launched it's war against humanity and to then turn upon the machine - a wild card that in the end sought his own salvation.

All of the Terminator movies had some good idea's even if not all of them were very good film's.

Still let's be fair if it come's out we will definitely watch it.

Just an afterthought, though it was not perfect and dragged on too long like many TV series losing the momentum about a third of the way through and becoming less than mediocre the TV series with Summer Glau as a female Terminator actually had some really great idea's and moment's, many of them better than the movies and of course she was also from a time line that differed from the majority of the terminator's that she was battling as John Conner and his mother's protector.
Ideally they could revisit that series and remake it as a movie or a trilogy of movies set in that time line BUT of course ditch the crap part's of the story and make it more terminatorish than it was.

edit on 2-6-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join