It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Implies that Mexico is Run by Drug Lords - Cartels - Smugglers.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: carewemust

And also Trump is not our leader. He is our elected official to represent our country.

This is a funny statement. He was elected to represent the entire USofA but he's not our leader?
What is a leader in your eyes? In mine, It's someone elected to represent us on the world stage, ie. the leader. Is the British PM not their leader?

If he was to declare martial law then he could render congress useless and only then would he be our leader.

Yes he could declare martial law, legally would that make him your leader in your eyes? I wouldn't support him declaring martial law unless under very special circumstances, and even then only the leader for a specified period of time. What is a leader to you?

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Trump is 100% spot on.....

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Where Exactly IS " allaroundyou " ? Within the Borders of the United States , or somewhere Else ? The Reason I ask is Simple , if you are not an American Citizen then your Argument here is Moot .

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 06:41 AM
link   
There's no "implies" to it. The cartels have had control of much of Mexico for decades. The Feds do what they can, but any local politician or cop that fights the cartels too much ends up dead.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   
It's really not much different than what is going on in America. Corruption is so rampant on Capitol Hill we really can no longer point our finger elsewhere. I loathe hypocrisy. Clean up our backyard; then we can worry about what other nations are doing.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: LDragonFire

Our failed war on drugs policy is what has given the drug lords and cartels powers.

It's hard to develop a policy against something that so many Americans enjoy using.

This will be an unpopular statement, but Americans that use have blood on their hands.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

So Trump it going to bully Mexico and the new elected president into doing what Trump wants?
I will say that that no # the cartels control a large majority of government officials.

And also Trump is not our leader. He is our elected official to represent our country.
If he was our leader then he could dictate how our life is used.
If he was to declare martial law then he could render congress useless and only then would he be our leader. But not for long I would imagine.

So speaking the truth is considered bullying? Mexico is the bully, dumping their immigration problem on us .

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Mexico is the most violent corrupt country on Earth with crime but still has elections.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: filthyphilanthropist
Of course, if you really want to blame US policies, then you should really look at alleged anti-immigration policies of the past which is essentially what made marijuana illegal in the first place to combat Mexican immigration, or the Chinese Exclusion Act which is why the Chinese wound up in Mexico where they brought the opioid production with them.

Personally, I don't think immigration was the real reason they outlawed these drugs. I think it was really a backfired attempt to win a sort of trade war over opioids and cannabis with Mexico. But that's my opinion.

Ok, I was going to say you were crazy to think that immigration was the reason... but I disagree with you as to the real reason.

The real reason for outlawing drugs was to prevent hemp from replacing oil as the source for all kinds of commercial products - we're talking everything from fuel for the booming automobile industry, plastics, paper, and other non-toxic cellulose based products that could compete with (actually eliminate, since they were higher quality, cheaper, and non-toxic) synthetic nylon and rayon.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Would absolutely love to see how these cartels faired against the full weight of the US military. Want to curb illegal immigration? Give the people of Mexico a shot at a life without the fear of these drug lords. If there was ever a just cause for US military invasion, the liberation of Mexico from these narcoterrorists would be it imho.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: filthyphilanthropist
Of course, if you really want to blame US policies, then you should really look at alleged anti-immigration policies of the past which is essentially what made marijuana illegal in the first place to combat Mexican immigration, or the Chinese Exclusion Act which is why the Chinese wound up in Mexico where they brought the opioid production with them.

Personally, I don't think immigration was the real reason they outlawed these drugs. I think it was really a backfired attempt to win a sort of trade war over opioids and cannabis with Mexico. But that's my opinion.

Ok, I was going to say you were crazy to think that immigration was the reason... but I disagree with you as to the real reason.

The real reason for outlawing drugs was to prevent hemp from replacing oil as the source for all kinds of commercial products - we're talking everything from fuel for the booming automobile industry, plastics, paper, and other non-toxic cellulose based products that could compete with (actually eliminate, since they were higher quality, cheaper, and non-toxic) synthetic nylon and rayon.

Kick in the fact MJ is a world class anti-parasitic when consumed....and this kick to the nuts of big Pharma has long term remedial consequences on their global monopoly.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join