It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anthony Joshua knocked out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Holy cow, what an upset. Andy Ruiz was given very little chance but knocks out the champion, Anthony Joshua.

ESPN

Joshua has to be humiliated by this. Hopefully he can bounce back though. Will get a rematch with Ruiz toward the end of the year. Ruiz has fast hands and hits hard.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

Eddy Hearn is shook.

Joshua never stood a chance against Fury or Wilder. The Fury vs Wilder rematch is going to be the one to watch.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 12:25 AM
link   
In the 3rd rd, after Joshua knocked Ruiz down, the announcer talked about what a great finisher Joshua is. And then the announcer said "Watch this". Joshua went in for the kill and Ruiz tagged him. Nice jinx Mr. announcer man.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Ruiz ends Joshua's 22 win streak (not counting split decision loss cough cough)
Turns out those Butterbean bodytypes are amazing for boxing
Naturally defensive (fat absorbs force better than muscle), naturally less neck so your head isn't bobbling around every hit
And for a big boy, that dude has some of the fastest counterpunches I've ever seen

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Joshua didn’t want any of that Wilder smoke so DAZN gave AJ a Mexican Butterbean. I mean, what could happen, amirite??

See ya in bankruptcy court DAZN — it should be insolvent with a phonetic disaster of name anyways — your golden goose is afraid of Wilder and would get summarily worked by Fury. Gonna sell Wembley out with AJ on the undercard?!

Ruiz is a nice story, but that’s it. Hopefully, one of the sanctioning bodies has a mandatory challenger lined up and he successfully defends before Fury pot-shots him to death or Wilder actually delivers him death.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 02:55 AM
link   
As an Englishman I predicted this to almost a T.
Joshua has a lot of work to do to bounce back.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 04:33 AM
link   

A bit of positive news for Mexico for a change , congratulations to Andy Ruiz , he got his title shot and took it.

I'm sure AJ will bounce back from this and the rematch will be a different affair , he has been humbled but I guess that is part of his journey.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   
It happened to Mike Tyson and it happened to Lennox Lewis, two great heavyweight champions.

How he comes back from this will define him.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Joshua didn't take Ruiz seriously. He made the fatal flaw of underestimating his opponent. The pressure on Joshua to beat Ruiz in the rematch will be crushing. I hope some bets on Ruiz were made, would be a nice little payday.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Other than the main event, I thought the women's fight was great. Katie Taylor and Delfine Persoon put on an exciting show. Close fight but was hoping Persoon would have won. She made the fight exciting.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   

i didn't give ruiz a chance.
now ruiz has to win the rematch to make his claim to the championship legitimate and not just a fluke.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 12:11 AM
link   
That was crazy.

new topics

top topics

join