It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horses!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Any one own horses??

I love these animals.

Horses have personality.

Just tonight my horses, ran my cows, they were just running all over the place.

There was lightning, and thunder...the horses went nuts. They ran around the pastures, and then rounded up the cows...literally shoved them into the barns. Crazy animals!

Couldn't saddle one of those girls if my life depended on it! Though my one good girl came up to me and put her head under my shoulder. She's a sweetheart!

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Nope..
Here in Indiana they are just expensive pets.
I cant believe the money people drop on horses and all the gear..

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Got a string of racehorses.

Most are not sweethearts...🐎

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Got a string of racehorses.

Most are not sweethearts...🐎

Got any tips on handicapping?

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 01:40 AM
link   

I would never have enough land or money to own a horse, but I love them! Such beautiful and amazing animals!

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Here is one of our horses from the Shedlands decked out for spring.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk In the 1960s we had 2 horses and a pony- my brothers and sister could only ride the pony and the docile one of the horses.The other horse" Poole "was an x race horse who would always head for the nearest tree to scrape you off and jump any fence in his path.He kicked my dad in a stall one time dad got so mad he wanted to shoot him we talked him out of that sold the horse and Poole eventually ended up on the US Equestrian Team! Always had a soft spot for those big lugs even though 20 years ago my daughter was thrown while jumping and cracked her riding helmet open against a fence post -had a helicopter pick her up in the ring to shock trauma -after a max stressful drive to the hospital i entered her hospital room and she was reading a book like nothing had happened.(she loves to read) Then i knew she was ok.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Yep, had a lot To do with Turners over the years.

My first horse was a 15hh Arab who had the softest canter, it was like being in an arm chair.

My Dad ended up breeding thoroughbreds and rode a quarterhorse. Speed and agility v pure speed and stamina. He had an easy approach with horses which bode well in their handling, floating and veterinary needs.

I even worked with a saddler at one stage and in a saddlery as well.

Funnily it was just recently, whilst driving home at 1:30 am we came across a big bay gelding and a palamino Shetland pony ... standing in the middle of two lanes in a 50 mph zone ! ( 80 kph )

Good thing I had experience and was able to lead them off the road to a safe spot and phone police ...

I call them Turners ... as they turn good feed into pooh !

I love most animals but horses hold a special place. So big and strong, yet so fragile !

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I've always wanted to have a horse, but never had the space or the money for one.

My parents spent the money to send me to a one-week wrangler camp when I was in grade school, and I loved it so much.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Were the horses getting the cows to safety because they care for the cows, or because they care for you? I know someone is going to come along and tell me not to give human emotions to a horse, so by "care" I just mean whatever it was that motivated them. Was it instinct? Or thought for the cows' own sake, or loyalty to you and your investment? Not that they would understand "investment," but you get what I'm asking.
edit on 2-6-2019 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Love to see some pictures...

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I grew up with them, and used to trail ride several times a month. We had appaloosas. Nice horses.

Only issue with horses is they are really expensive to keep and you had better like shoveling manure.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

I think the horses just know we push the cows to safety, so they just decided to do it themselves.

That, and the horses know the cows are about to have calves, so they're extra protective. All the adult animals will protect the little ones, regardless of species.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

I think the horses just know we push the cows to safety, so they just decided to do it themselves.

That, and the horses know the cows are about to have calves, so they're extra protective. All the adult animals will protect the little ones, regardless of species.

new topics

top topics

join