It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deadwood: The Movie (spoiler free)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 10:31 PM
link   
It's been so many years waiting for the fans of the show but the rightful ending of the show was finally delivered last night in the 2 hour movie.

I have pretty much found their are two types of people when talking about Deadwood, either they love it and think it was the greatest thing ever (me) or they found it slow, hard to understand with it's complex , Shakespearean paced dialogue and just were not fans of Westerns.

Nothing in the movie is going to change that..THose of us that loved it got what we wanted or needed from the movie and those that didn;t like the series probably won't watch it.

All I can say for the fans the sad reality of David Milch's Alzheimer diagnoses plays it's role in the film which means it has its flaws just like the series did but in a series with great visual moments and memorable dialogue the movie delivers some of the best..
edit on 1-6-2019 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Totally original and there isn't another show quite like it, enjoyed the movie but the 3 seasons before are where the best bits are

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   

I'm gonna watch it tonight you effing effer.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   

I enjoyed it too. It gripped me from the first episode but I drifted away close to the end of the second series so approached the movie wondering if I would feel it would connect, and it really did. Extremely enjoyable.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

I enjoyed it too. It gripped me from the first episode but I drifted away close to the end of the second series so approached the movie wondering if I would feel it would connect, and it really did. Extremely enjoyable.

Hopefully you completed all three seasons because the last is typically considered to be the best.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

originally posted by: uncommitted

Hopefully you completed all three seasons because the last is typically considered to be the best.

I didn't. At roughly the time the third came out I had dropped my contract with Sky who aired it in the UK and it's only in the last few months that I've moved back into watching a lot of TV. If I find the time I may start from scratch at some point, but the closure last night was enough for me for now.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I don’t think it’s a spoiler to say. It was a great movie but it ended like the series.

It was a cliffhanger.

But this time I’m pretty sure there will be a sequel .

Personally I’d love a new series instead of another movie .

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
I don’t think it’s a spoiler to say. It was a great movie but it ended like the series.

It was a cliffhanger.

But this time I’m pretty sure there will be a sequel .

Personally I’d love a new series instead of another movie .

I don't know many people that watched it that viewed the end as a cliffhanger as it was pretty clear, if not definite, where the main characters closed their story archs.

Also with David Milch's health diagnosis in real life I'm fairly sure the story has come to an end.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I can’t go into it without delivering spoilers . But I didn’t see resolution on at least two main characters .

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

I can’t go into it without delivering spoilers . But I didn’t see resolution on at least two main characters .

We can just agree to disagree then and say we both enjoyed the movie. 😎

You damn co##sucker lol!

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I am currently rewatching all three seasons before watching the movie. It's as fantastic now as it was back when it originally aired.

join