It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever Felt A Decision You Made Changed A Timeline

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Many years ago, about 8 years, I chose a path of discovery , just searching for the truth to a subject that interested me. Never really finding the answer I was looking for, but it lead me down a path that changed many peoples lives.

It changed me on how I look at life in general.

I had questioned many things before this, but after awhile my eyes opened up to something real and true.

I suddenly felt real , and found myself.

Found my love.

She was going down the same path and, somehow, we intersected.

Both of our families and our selves were headed nowhere. Probably spiraling downward.

We managed to save each other and our families with the decisions we made.

I am now a proud papaw of Eli , my grandson, who I think if this had never happened, he would have never come to be.

Funny how life works........

edit on 1-6-2019 by Groot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Life is some crazy sh!t, I’ve definitely changed a lot of people’s live just by having my to kids. It’s really a trip sometimes

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Kismet

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
Kismet

Probably so..........

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 10:41 PM
link   
But I must ask, was this my destiny, or was it a choice.

Was it fate?

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Actually? Yes. The unique position I am in currently makes me feel that way quite regularly.

Otherwise, yes like you of course with children.

But to ponder your last query.. I feel destiny and fate are intertwined. I also kind of feel that while certainly choice makes differences.. you cannot escape fate?

I dont know. I do feel that deja vue ties in heavily. What if we all have predefined 'destunations' so to speak however the variables in the path to that destination can differ?

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Evidently, my crazy life decisions really haven't been THAT bad...

No one has shown up from the future to stop me.

Yet...
edit on 1-6-2019 by madmac5150 because:

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
Actually? Yes. The unique position I am in currently makes me feel that way quite regularly.

But to ponder your last query.. I feel destiny and fate are intertwined. I also kind of feel that while certainly choice makes differences.. you cannot escape fate?

I dont know. I do feel that deja vue ties in heavily. What if we all have predefined 'destunations' so to speak however the variables in the path to that destination can differ?

Yes ! I totally and unexpectedly chose to do something different . And it came out with great results, versus how they would end up if I hadn't made those decisions.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I think we might change those timelines constantly. A field of possibilities being pulled into coherence "now." Like a frayed thread being pulled through the eye of a needle.

A lot is going on in that thread, including our decisions, actions, etc. Things would still move without us, but we do seem to be able to nudge and interact with our little part of it.

The scales involved are awesome, both in time and space, but our actions might echo more than when think. With such incredible scales, wacky things can happen as well as small actions changing how the thread is shaped and formed as it passes through the eye of that needle. It also means there are forces in play that affect a relatively larger part of the thread, and we are frequently at the whim of that influence.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Groot

When I have had close calls/brushes with death I often have the thought to myself...I wonder if I just died and the timeline split
Crazy I know.
edit on 2-6-2019 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
Evidently, my crazy life decisions really haven't been THAT bad...

No one has shown up from the future to stop me.

Yet...

How do you know? A little nudge here or there.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Eli's here! Congratulations, gramps! Tell us about him! Weight, length, and how was the delivery?

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: byteshertz

When I have had close calls/brushes with death I often have the thought to myself...I wonder if I just died and the timeline split
Crazy I know.

Yes. That is crazy. I also think sometimes that maybe i am dead. Soon afterwards i wonder if it matters at all.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Groot

originally posted by: lightedhype

Yes ! I totally and unexpectedly chose to do something different . And it came out with great results, versus how they would end up if I hadn't made those decisions.

Maybe. Perhaps if you had made different decisions, that the options that would lead you to the same place would have shown up on the other road you were going down. A friend of mine always says to relax, because the things we miss on one road we chose will appear at some point on the road we DID choose.

Not sure I agree wih that.

I suspect that we may have certain things we come here to definitely exoerience or accomplish, and so those things will show up for us at some point no matter what we choose, and other things are optional. Maybe some things are fate and others are choice.

Who knows.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I often wonder what life would be like if I hadn't taken the phone I was being handed one fateful night.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Groot
But I must ask, was this my destiny, or was it a choice.

Was it fate?

There is the idea that every possibility as a result of your decisions plays out on some other timeline in the multiverse. So in effect your destiny is both your choice and also your fate.

One decision steers you into one timeline, while another a different timeline. But in reality every possibility plays out.

I think it’s an interesting concept anyway.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Great thread. Thanks for giving me some things to think about for the rest of the day.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Eli's here! Congratulations, gramps! Tell us about him! Weight, length, and how was the delivery?

Shhhh !

Mom and dad want to introduce the child before anyone else. I am beginning to think they are going to wait till he is a teenager. LOL !

He was about 7 lbs and 20 inches , I think. Big healthy boy. And about 26 hour labor. But everyone is fine.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Care to expand?

new topics

top topics

join