It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are your thoughts about all the rain in the midwest

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   
So the Midwest has been stealing all the rain!? It's been dry here in Florida for weeks. Last year this time I had a bounty of fruits and veggies because the rain was relentless. I think k we had a solid 12 days of rain even at one point, without hurricanes!! Or maybe that was 2017??

Either way, Midwest, I would like my rain now please. I'm getting good growth, but it would be nicer to not have to stay on top of it daily with a little help from the rain

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

I agree - the obsession with CO2 certainly distracts from actual pollution. Not just all the industrial pollutants, but over-building/suburban sprawl on arable land or animal habitats - especially when speculators are just sitting on these massive houses nearly the size of castles. Canada for instance has lost a horrific amount of farmland and there's already so little in the optimal plant hardiness zones in spite of the land mass. And then all the building materials, trucking it all in, and so many of these places sit empty. Just crazy and it does seem to be having a localized impact on the climate.
Or planned obsolescence with electronics, the making of which are horribly polluting.

Lake Ontario is extremely high this year and it was two summers ago as well. Beaches washed away, breakers are beneath the surface to where you can hardly see them. Ottawa had some of the worst flooding in most people's lifetimes. Plenty of natural forces behind these weather events, but humans aren't helping.

<< 1   >>

join