It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

June 2019: UFOs in the Media, Background of TTSA

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
You probably have noticed mainstream media picking up on TTSA's new documentary Unidentified on the History channel.

Remarkable statements were made on TV (e.g. 27:20).

The reason for this thread is this interview that Tom DeLonge gave to People, published on May 31st, 2019 (click link for interview).

It gives a lot of valuable background information that is helpful for understanding what TTSA is all about.
Below are some quotes (out of order) so you can decide if it is worth your time.
What Tom DeLonge says here makes 100% sense for me, sounds honest and explains a lot. Many of you will see this differently because you come from a different background, but I hope you will consider what he has put forward here in the context of recent developments and what is about to come this year. To me it looks as if Tom DeLonge has (again) spilled more beans than he was supposed to.

Sorry @mirageman, but I find this deserves a new thread. The conversation IS changing.

Quotes from Tom DeLonge's statements in the linked interview:

People were like, “He’s lost his mind. He’s chasing monsters.” No, not exactly, but you will find out soon enough. Yes, I’ll be vindicated, but that’s not why I’m doing this. I’m doing this because we need it, and I’m sick of people like my brother going off to war, to fight with our neighbors, with our brothers. We should not be killing each other over anything on this planet.

He leans over, points his finger to the table, and pounds his finger on the table, and says, “This is the story of the millennia, and I need to know why the f— you know what you know.” At that moment, I literally was going, “Oh my God, I really f—ed up.” I really, really, got myself into kind of an Ed Snowden situation, where I thought I was doing something good, and now I realized I was doing something where I can easily, easily just disappear, and nobody would know.

Our intelligence agencies spent decades working their way into the social groups and organizations that are private, dealing with this issue, and they did a really good job at discrediting it over the many decades after World War II. They actually had good reason for this, because what happened is all these people get together and start talking about all this stuff, and they don’t know all the facts. It’ll bubble up, scare everybody, and then could eventually cause a national conversation on the issue far earlier than they’re willing to have it. It’s kind of like if there’s a hostage situation, and we’re trying to get the chief of police to come out and just start talking about it, when he doesn’t even know who the shooter is. I think their idea was smart: “Let’s keep everybody thinking this isn’t real. Let’s keep everybody thinking that there’s nothing to see here, while we actually go somewhere very secret and learn as much as we can.”

When a more advanced culture comes in, there’s many different ways that culture can benefit but also can lose a bit of themselves in the process, so I think what we need to do is really have that discussion. Are there bad things that go along with this subject? Yes, and some of those bad things are not open for discussion here. Are there some good things? Absolutely, and some of those good things come with the idea of what this technology can do for the world, the unification of us working with people we thought were our adversaries, and then an international conversation of who we are as human beings.

The sooner that this conversation starts is the sooner we get to the core of the problem that is happening on the Earth, which is this idea that we’re all separate, this idea that all the countries are out for themselves. This is how we unify the world. This is how we get young people, in all countries, coming together, and saying, “Hey, I’m not Russian, or American, or Indian. We’re all from the same little planet. We’re humans.” Let’s take this big step, and now stop looking directly at each other. Let’s look up, and go, “We are now at the frontier of understanding what’s in space, and what that means, and how we go there, and how we start branching out into the future.”

edit on 1-6-2019 by SacredLore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Hmmm...

The sooner that this conversation starts is the sooner we get to the core of the problem that is happening on the Earth, which is this idea that we’re all separate, this idea that all the countries are out for themselves. This is how we unify the world. This is how we get young people, in all countries, coming together, and saying, “Hey, I’m not Russian, or American, or Indian. We’re all from the same little planet. We’re humans.” Let’s take this big step, and now stop looking directly at each other. Let’s look up, and go, “We are now at the frontier of understanding what’s in space, and what that means, and how we go there, and how we start branching out into the future.”

This last quote sure sounds like the globalist agenda. And, using the UFO movement to advance it is, IMO, disgusting.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   
The show was great.
It’s meant to bring attention to the UFO phenomena in a language that even the first time watcher will understand.
It’s not necessarily meant to pander to the buffs of the topic, but to educate the masses on wtf is going on.
I’m really looking forward to the next instalment.

As well, people can say what they want about Tom, but there hasn’t been a single person in the UFO field to bring together - in the open, the team he has.
That in itself is a feat.
edit on 1-6-2019 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   
There is nothing new here folks, without understanding what your actual hopes are, I think disappointment is all you're going to be rewarded with

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

As well, people can say what they want about Tom, but there hasn’t been a single person in the UFO field to bring together - in the open, the team he has.
That in itself is a feat.

I don't think that's TDLs team. I think Tom was actually appropriated by the 3letters as a disinfo agent and spokesperson for a diversionary agenda. In that respect tom is doing a fantastic job.
edit on 1-6-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

This last quote sure sounds like the globalist agenda. And, using the UFO movement to advance it is, IMO, disgusting.

not much different than Ronald Reagan is it?

“that if the people of the world were to find out that there was some alien life form that was going to attack the Earth approaching on Halley’s Comet, then that knowledge would unite all the peoples of the world.”

This last quote sure sounds like the globalist agenda.

I agree
It appears another attempt at advancing the globalist agenda.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

I don't think recognizing that "We're humans" can already be called "globalist agenda". I am all for having the unimaginative war-mongerers reined in and a hippie peace movement.

What I would consider "globalist" is negating and oppressing local customs, languages, mores, etc.

I see nothing in Tom's statement that is globalist. It is advocating peace and collaboration among nations. And I agree with that.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

What is your hope?

This does it for me (quotes from the interview). And after what has happened in the past few days, I am not dismissing it easily anymore.

Luis Elizondo likes to say, “I came into a china shop and let off a grenade.” People from multiple intelligence agencies and areas that are very secretive within the Department of Defense came to me and said, “What the hell are you doing? What are you trying to accomplish?” I think they liked my ideas. They huddled around me, and we made a much more responsible way of doing all this. That’s when we added on aerospace and science. We said, let’s discuss what we know, let’s keep on studying it with the world, and let’s take this technology and get to the bottom of it, and put it in the private sector. That way it can move much faster, and we can get the world’s best physicists, and scientists, and engineers on it, and potentially even make it an international effort. To The Stars is actively involved with multiple international governments.
There’s so much more coming, and people better hold on tight. To The Stars Academy is going to be doing some stuff, here, in the near future, that will be responsible for changing the world.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: SacredLore

When a more advanced culture comes in, there’s many different ways that culture can benefit but also can lose a bit of themselves in the process, so I think what we need to do is really have that discussion. Are there bad things that go along with this subject? Yes, and some of those bad things are not open for discussion here. Are there some good things? Absolutely, and some of those good things come with the idea of what this technology can do for the world, the unification of us working with people we thought were our adversaries, and then an international conversation of who we are as human beings.

Sounds a lot like what one of TDL's mentors, Dr. Christopher "Kit" Green told Mark Pilkington a few years back.

Dr Green - "In a country that has a large, educated population there is a large subset of individuals who suffer from what's called paraphrenia. Paraphrenia is a form of mental illness that doesn't interfere with your everyday life. It means that you can have a delusion and not be crazy, a delusion that you can confine and control. Many of us have one corner of the mind that is delusional - I bet you that I do.

'I might, for example, be religious - I'm an Episcopalian, though as such, I am protected from diagnosis, as are all the UFO buffs, because a large social structure of shared beliefs, like a religion, cannot be a delusion. So all those people who believe that they are being beamed at by the government can no longer be diagnosed as crazy - there are just too many of them.

'But, if there is a condition that is threatening to the social structure - like the idea that the aliens are here and they are taking our babies, or that God hates people of a certain creed or colour - and if people who believe in that kind of delusion band together, they can end up encouraging each other to get a lot sicker, or they strap on belts and make themselves human bombs. So we have to know how to deal with these people and how to prevent them from being dangerous to others.

'This applies to the UFO problem. If something really strange in the area of UFOs is true, then what do we do about conveying that information to the public? First we consider what may be the basic facts: maybe there are civilised lifeforms elsewhere in the universe; maybe they visited us in their spaceships a couple of times and then went back home; perhaps they left a vehicle or some technology behind and we've spent a lot of time and money trying to figure out how to use it. And there may be people in the government who believe that this did happen, and believe that the information needs to be public knowledge, because perhaps someone outside of the government will be able to make sense of their technology. But there's another group of people in power who say, "No, it will make them sick to know all this, we can't let the story out, it's too dangerous." '

John and I glanced at each other. My mouth was dry...Things were getting strange again. Did Kit just tell us that these things happened? Was that a hypothetical scenario he had just presented us with, or one that he believed to be real? Kit continued.

'So, what do we do? There are studies on both sides of the problem. Some show that people will go crazy and jump of bridges when they're presented with this information. Others, however, say that if you don't want them to go crazy, what you do is systematically desensitize their fears.

'If you are a psychiatrist with a patient you can do that in a very methodical way. If you are a sociologist working with a group of students at a university you can do this in a very structured and experimental way. But if you are a government with a population it's a lot more complicated. Sure, there are those who are just going to shrug and say, "I always knew the aliens were real, it's no big deal." But you also know that some of them are nuttier than a fruitcake and could cause a lot of trouble. So we have to ask ourselves how we can tell people what they deserve to know and, maybe, what they need to know?

'The way to do it is to construct a framework whereby they can parse out the things that they've heard that are not true, and you whittle it down to a manageable story. A story like this: "There were three spaceships that came here over thirty years, and we've got one of them. We can't figure out how it works, we've crashed it because there's a lot of physics that we've still got to learn. We do have something that's like a magnethydrodynamic toroid, and it really did get a craft of the ground, but it smelled bad and it killed a couple of pilots. And we're really sorry about that, but we did it because we've got this machine that came from another planet, and we need to know how it works." '

Oh god, he just did it again. I tried to slow my breathing to prevent the giddiness from becoming a full-on panic attack.

Kit carried on, oblivious to my inner struggle. I was glad not to be inside one of his MRI machines.

'How do you tell people that story? If it's true?' he added, almost parenthetically.

"If you were to give them the core story right off the bat, they'd get sick, so you do it slowly over ten or twenty years.You put out a bunch of movies, a bunch of books, a bunch of stories, a bunch of Internet memes about reptilian aliens eating our children, about all the crazy stuff that we've seen recently in Serpo. Then one day you say, "Hey, all that stuff is nonsense, relax, it's not that bad, you don't have to worry, the reality is this..." - and then you give them the real story."

Mirage Men by Mark Pilkington

Heh...Kit's one to talk about paraphrenia. My best guesses at the moment probably aren't separate from one another but two sides of the same coin. We are definitely hearing "globalist speak." And I admit that Globalism sounds good on paper. But only on paper. What I also think we might be hearing is that these "others" aren't from the cosmos so-to-speak but maybe much closer to home. I suggest that carefully parsing what we are being sold is the wise response.
edit on 1-6-2019 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SacredLore

What is your hope?

I certainly have no expectations from this TTSA stuff, it's a commercial repeat.

This does it for me (quotes from the interview). And after what has happened in the past few days, I am not dismissing it easily anymore.

These people are celebrities selling a product

There’s so much more coming, and people better hold on tight. To The Stars Academy is going to be doing some stuff, here, in the near future, that will be responsible for changing the world.

No, this has all been done before and changed nothing.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   

The conspiracy is not to hide the existence of extraterrestrials. It's to make people believe in it so completely that they question nothing.

Fox Mulder

"I used to want to believe"
Goth

edit on 6/1/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Sorry @mirageman, but I find this deserves a new thread. The conversation IS changing.

I'm shaking my imaginary fist in cyberspace right now at you SL

I haven't seen the show from last night. Interest has wained across the Atlantic and only the trash tabloids websites are still reporting on TTSA/AATIP etc. The TTSA machine is focused solely on the US.

I've actually flagged and starred your thread believe it or not because I know you follow this closely as I do. Despite our often opposing views on TTSA I know we both want to find out what the truth is.

Anyway interesting article in The Intercept for us to ponder.

Yes, AATIP existed, and it “did pursue research and investigation into unidentified aerial phenomena,” Pentagon spokesperson Christopher Sherwood told me. However, he added: “Mr. Elizondo had no responsibilities with regard to the AATIP program while he worked in OUSDI [the Office of Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence], up until the time he resigned effective 10/4/2017.”

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   
If we are talking about an "other-than-human-intelligence" that is something other than E.T., then it does make sense that it's a tricky subject. It would actually explain a lot and as a theoretical overlay it seemingly fits better than others.

Putting aside how different cultures, religions, occult adepts, and esoteric philosophers might define them---if they did turn out to be something other than E.T. the problematic issues are still inherent.

The late, great Gordon Creighton might sound like a whack job here and his personal conclusion on these beings identity is certainly to be questioned, but I have a feeling the following article and what we're hearing from Tom and Kit and others connected to TTSA sounds like the philosophical direction they're headed with all this.

If so it sounds like they've come to the conclusion that, "resistance is futile" and we're gonna be pushed towards "assimilating with the Borg" so to speak.

The True Nature Of The 'UFO Entities' By Gordon Creighton Flying Saucer Review Vol. 29, No. 5

There are other possibilities as to why we're seeing this coordinated push/ad campaign from the intelligence community of course. Not many of them, however, and imo, are very encouraging.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Excellent article, Tanx, MM.

From your link:

“If you were trying to come up with the A-team of former, high-level government officials who would come forward on this issue, you can’t really think of a better team,” Bender says in the screener. “Lue Elizondo, Chris Mellon — these guys still have security clearances, still have networks in Washington, still are in the business, if you will.”

“We know that UFOs exist. This is no longer an issue. The issue is why are they here? Where are they coming from? And what is the technology behind these devices that we are observing?”

That last part sounds like a cryptic reference to contract work they might be doing for a U.S. intelligence agency or some other government entity. Elizondo confirmed to me earlier this year that he is, in fact, working as a government contractor, “but it’s not what you think it is,” he said. Mellon did not respond to my request for comment.

I think the evidence strongly suggests we are being sold something other than an entertainment product. The question remains what?

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

Anyway interesting article in The Intercept for us to ponder.

Here's a bit more that should raise some questions:

IN “UNIDENTIFIED,” POLITICO’S Bender describes Elizondo as “in many ways, an enigma. Here is a guy who spent decades in the intelligence community.”

That much appears to be true. Elizondo retired as an official at the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence. A public records search also reveals a series of home addresses for Elizondo over the last two decades that are close to intelligence facilities in Toa Baja, Puerto Rico (the site of an unacknowledged government surveillance program called “Echelon”) and in Grovetown, Georgia.

“Being from Georgia, I can assure you, there is no reason anyone in their right mind would live in Grovetown unless they were working at Fort Gordon, home of the Army’s principle signals intelligence units and school,” Tim McMillan, who, like Greenewald, has a longtime interest in UFOs but has come to doubt Elizondo’s involvement with any government UFO program.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: SacredLore

Thank you Sacred

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
Hmmm...

So in your opinion advanced alien civilizations are digustingly united instead of being seperated into tribes?

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Thanks for that quote! What Kit Green says would match the TTSA operation perfectly, wouldn't it?

The way I see it is that "country" and "planet / species" are different 'dimensions' for humans to be aware and express themselves. "Country" is closer, so most are aware of their nationality and it is a natural part of their lives. If more people also and in addition start to understand themselves as "Earthlings" then I would welcome that. It would only become a "globalist agenda" if "Earthling" would be construed to stand in opposition to, say, "Italian" or "Chinese". If somebody of TTSA wants me to choose one of "Earthling" and "my nationality", I would withdraw my support for them. But I see nothing of that sort currently.

I suggest that carefully parsing what we are being sold is the wise response.

FULL ACK

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: KiwiNite

originally posted by: Krakatoa
Hmmm...

So in your opinion advanced alien civilizations are digustingly united instead of being seperated into tribes?

No, the disgusting part is the globalists USING poor TDL for their purposes. He's being used as a puppet, to get the UFO movement to think more about a globalist perception. Screw countries, we are all one happy family of humans riding this spaceship Earth. It sounds wonderful, on the surface. However, in practice it means redistribution of the population and wealth by force if necessary. It also means the disbandment of individual country borders (i.e. open borders) and a one world government.

That he is being used to clandestinely push that New World Order agenda is what is disgusting.

ETA: In addition, the globalist agenda requires the total disarmament of the population and complete control of the media. That way, they can maintain control over the population and more easily quash any dissent, by either shaming or devaluing them or forcibly "ejecting them from society".

edit on 6/1/2019 by Krakatoa because: added additional thoughts

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

I feel with you for trying to keep track of all the TTSA threads

And your respect is appreciated!

I also have not seen anything about these new developments in Europe. I could not even watch the show as the History channel (like all other stations) makes very sure that non-US citizens are excluded. (Where is globalization when you need it!!?)

Indeed - although quite a fan of TTSA - in the end I simply want the truth. TTSA is giving us food for discussion, I find especially with this interview.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join