It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Who Set Himself on Fire Near the White House Dies From Injuries

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
Dirtbags fits just fine as a label to describe people laughing at this incident.

Why?

I'm afraid you'll have to search your conscience for the answer to that question.

So, you make a statement that calling others dirtbags a valid term. Yet, you cannot explain why you think that word fits, to support your own statement?

Again, I ask YOU, why is that a valid term, in YOUR mind?

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

In my estimation a dirtbag is someone who laughs or gets enjoyment out of other people's misery, my opinion, my qualifier, yours may be different and that's fine, my moral conscience isn't superior to yours it's simply different and that's ok.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt
Very proud of this thread, and the replies. The ability to turn such a horrible event, into a form of humorous entertainment, I’m especially proud of the ability of some to find appropriate musical accompaniment for immolation! Those are just the best!

Pat yourselves on the back , and be happy that total lack of empathy is not also a mental illness, or is it? I’m not sure.

Okay, I'll bite....

I have exactly zero sympathy for someone who sets themselves on fire over politics, or for any other reason.

Setting one's self on fire in a public place is meant to make a statement, to draw mass attention, as this incident did.

I'd have more sympathy if this person decided to incinerate them self inside the privacy of their own home, but to do it in public space to horrify others is a shameful act. Why go out in public to do this?

Think about it, where could a person go to draw more attention to themselves than where this person did????

So, while you may want to virtue shame others for the selfish acts of one person, I am fully within my rights to express my lack of "empathy", as you call it, to make light of such a stupid and selfish act.

Personally, I am offended I had to see this event plastered across every MSM outlet, and every website (including ATS). I'm offended that I had to witness, over and over, a human being on fire, burning himself to...death. It would seem this was the individual's intent...to draw attention, and it worked.

Well, let it be known that he maybe didn't draw the attention he wished. Sympathy? Hardly.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Confessions of An Ultimate Dirtbag

Volume 1

Hi I'm IIB and I'm an Dirtbag.

I'm such a dirtbag bastard that I've made it my 'role' in society, my 'job' if you will, to routinely make a satirical mockery of essentially everything to do with the lunacy to do with and resulting from the "Two Party + MSM System", which is perpetually perpetrated upon our people and the rest of the world et al. You see I've determined that its almost exclusively (aside from those whom own this machination) at the root of essentially all of our problems, no doubt the millions of people slaughtered across the world per decade ala its War Machine, but likewise those of us here in the United Provinces, including if not in particular the very people who support it. Which means, according to my very nature, it's 'mandatory' that I make it my business to lampoon the entire ordeal, which inherently includes the social effects it all elicits from US. Meaning, right down to my bone marrow, I'm An Ultimate Dirtbag. And yes, I laughed in writing this, which only would have been possible tonight in only Arnav Gupta did what he did. Not only that, I considered making a new thread for it to maximize how many people might laugh at it. Double dog damn me. I just cant stop (being a dirtbag)!

edit on 3-6-2019 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Confessions of An Ultimate Dirtbag

Volume 1

Hi I'm IIB and I'm an Dirtbag.

I'm such a dirtbag bastard that I've made it my 'role' in society, my 'job' if you will, to routinely make a satirical mockery of essentially everything to do with the lunacy to do with and resulting from the "Two Party + MSM System", which is perpetually perpetrated upon our people and the rest of the world et al. You see I've determined that its almost exclusively (aside from those whom own this machination) at the root of essentially all of our problems, no doubt the millions of people slaughtered across the world per decade ala its War Machine, but likewise those of us here in the United Provinces, including if not in particular the very people who support it. Which means, according to my very nature, it's 'mandatory' that I make it my business to lampoon the entire ordeal, which inherently includes the social effects it all elicits from US. Meaning, right down to my bone marrow, I'm An Ultimate Dirtbag. And yes, I laughed in writing this, which only would have been possible tonight in only Arnav Gupta did what he did. Not only that, I considered making a new thread for it to maximize how many people might laugh at it. Double dog damn me. I just cant stop (being a dirtbag)!

That's awesome!

I'd love to say I disagree with something in your statement, but I honestly can't find anything to take strong exception to.

Dirtbags Unite!

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Need a soundtrack?

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

If I set myself on fire, I'd expect I would die too.

Why is this news?
edit on 9-6-2019 by Artemis12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join