It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Treason! Former Obama officials advising Iran on how to counter President Trump

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

The Logan Act will never be enforced because it would open a whole can of worms no one wants to deal with. Pretty much any business leader, celebrity, former politician, or dignitary of any kind could be found guilty of violating the Logan Act in some shape or form.

Also, as others have stated, violating the Logan Act is not the same thing as treason. In fact, the punishment for violating the Logan Act is pretty mild. It's a fine and/or a maximum three year jail sentence. That right there should tell you that it is nowhere in the vicinity of treason.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

There were no "litany" of crimes, ffs.

He was caught in a perjury trap that Comey admitted to setting.

His guilty plea was obtained in exchange for Mueller not bankrupting his son as well.

Odd that they picked Flynn, a guy whose primary mission coming into the administration was to completely audit our intelligence agencies for the first time since the 70's...

Probably just a coincidence.

Your taste for authoritarian over-reach speaks volumes about you.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

I was just reading the article and a pop up just asked if I wanted to continue reading fake news...... I think I will take my leave now.
I was hoping to get the names of these people to see what admin if any gave them the rights to do this.

Now I realize that you are reading pure propaganda.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I agree, I was merely pointing out that Silly was making stuff up, as always, claiming it requires a declaration of war.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   

a reply to: Allaroundyou

I was hoping to get the names of these people to see what admin if any gave them the rights to do this.

Former Secretary of State John Kerry disclosed that he has been conducting rogue diplomacy with top Iranian officials

John Kerry quietly seeking to salvage Iran deal

Trump says John Kerry should be prosecuted under Logan Act

edit on 1-6-2019 by Infoshill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

There were no "litany" of crimes, ffs.

Disgraced Trump adviser Michael Flynn probed over plot to kidnap cleric and render him to Turkey for $15 million - then secretly do Turkey's bidding in the White House. www.dailymail.co.uk...
(Cheesy source, but the headline sums up the charges)

FFS! He pled out a litany of crimes, and worked with Mueller investigation in exchange for saving his, and his "pizza gate propaganda tweeting from the White House" son.

His sentencing was postponed because the judge didn't think he'd done enough "community service" to warrant the plea deal agreement. The White is so afraid of Flynn, that they're refusing to release the transcripts he submitted to Mueller in cooperation with his report, after a federal court order.

It's okay to have your own opinions. It's not okay to have your own facts.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

She is right that a treason charge requires the US to be at war. See my previous post with the USC definitions of "enemy" and "hostilities."

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

Where do you keep getting that we have to be at war? Every legal definition I see has an "or, adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United Statesor elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death."

Is it a suggestion that a country cant be an enemy if were not at war with them?

Do proxy wars suffice or only wars under declaration?

To be fair, the term enemy opens that aspect up for interpretation. If you go off the US foreign policy as of late, I suppose you could make the case for Iran being an enemy, but as I've eluded to, you'd be a Bolton groupie.

But considering the people who gave nuke secrets to the USSR, I think it's been shown to us that a vast majority of convicted cases are against people who helped an enemy we were at war with.

And we've also changed what it means to be at war with a country. We've shown congress doesn't necessarily have to be involved. So I can see the point there though I disagree with it.

What we're talking about here is shifting us back to a Vietnam type era, normalizing a large scale war against a country who hasn't attacked us.

I suppose its everyone's right to campaign for such things, I'll use my right for the inverse.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Your sarcasm is some of the best going. If not. Please seek assistance.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Thank you, but I dont believe that means you have to be under declaration of war to be in conflicts that are subject to the laws of war does it?
edit on 6/1/2019 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead

Thank you, but I dont believe that means you have to be under declaration of war to be in conflicts that are subject to the laws of war does it?

You don't think we have to be at war to have people be subject to the laws or war?

We have peacetime laws that deal with exchanges of adversaries like the Logan act, the espionage act, ect.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   
These are people who hate America.

Obama distantly related to Osama is literally untouchable.

Nothing about him can be criticized.

Still crazy that Americans would vote someone named Obama after what Osama did on 911

Some say its stupidity

So Osama attacks the u.s.
Obama was the following president
Obama pulls 90% of troops from Iraq and Afghanistan
More muslims have strategically placed themselves across the world than any other time in history.

Trendy

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

Trendy indeed.

Lest we forget, one day before the 9/11 attacks [as well as on the morning of 9/11, the dad of the sitting President of the United States of America, George Herbert Walker Bush was meeting none other than Shafiq bin Laden, the brother of the alleged terror mastermindOsama bin Laden.
link

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

The difference is the Logan act specifies unauthorized people acting on BEHALF of the government, theres a huge difference. And you dont have to be in a shooting war for them to be in a shooting war. This was stated before, and if you read the whole act you would realize this.

What's the title of the thread? Treason, not Logan act. As I said, press the Logan act.

I stated why I think treason is a bad call, it normalizes war with Iran who hasn't attacked us.

The only virtue signaling I see is hyperbolic desecration of the constitution.

The Logan act should have more teeth. Clearly no one gives a f*** about it enough to not violate it.

So if not treason...Exile.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

The difference is the Logan act specifies unauthorized people acting on BEHALF of the government, theres a huge difference. And you dont have to be in a shooting war for them to be in a shooting war. This was stated before, and if you read the whole act you would realize this.

What's the title of the thread? Treason, not Logan act. As I said, press the Logan act.

I stated why I think treason is a bad call, it normalizes war with Iran who hasn't attacked us.

The Logan act should have more teeth. Clearly no one gives a f*** about it enough to not violate it.

I want justice on all our politicians. But making a police state isn't the answer, and it's un-American (at least what we used to stand for).

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

I want justice on all our politicians. But making a police state isn't the answer, and it's un-American (at least what we used to stand for).

Un-American punishments for un-American politicians? I don't see a problem.

However, without going down that road, our population needs to actually care about this sort of thing to make a difference.

But why should they care about something so "trivial" when its to stop the Bad Orange Man.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   
1st there was the Shah that the US helped in Iran.

Now the US is listening to MEK, a terrorist organization, that has US blood on its hand to, bring them back into power in Iran.

Giuliani lets its slip that regime change is on the cards

The words of war started long before this recent so called escalation by Iran.

If the US attacks Iran you'll have certain proof that Trumps just another Globalist greasing the MIC machine.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

So no discussion on Iran saying US is the Great Satan and they will destroy us and Israel?

No wonder we have supported the House of Saud. I think they are worse but at least they had brains to see to it they were willing to work with the western business interest despite our differences. They don't shout death to America.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

He's admitted to dodging taxes and paying our politicians to pass certain laws that worked in his and his cronies' favors.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Attorney General William Barr says there is/was NO TREASON in actions taken by Obama's people.

www.foxnews.com...

We're getting closer to We The People taking matters into our own hands.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join