It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Treason! Former Obama officials advising Iran on how to counter President Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+46 more 
posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Architects of the Iran nuclear deal purportedly admitted to continuing their own foreign policy initiatives

Former officials from the Obama administration are reportedly advising Iran amid escalating tensions with U.S., running an independent foreign policy initiative to counter President Donald Trump.

Journalists Betsy Woodruff and Erin Banco noted that "conversations of this nature sometimes generate" accusations of violating the Logan Act, which prohibits private citizens from engaging in discussions relevant to a U.S. dispute with another country on behalf of the government.

Well no crap "sometimes" because that is EXACTLY what it is!

The authors also pointed out "the likelihood that former Obama officials could face such a charge is basically zero percent," given the fact that no one has ever been convicted under the 1799 law

So they are doing it, because even though they know its a violation, they know they probably wont get charged with anything.

Thats like saying you commit crimes because you know you can get away with it, it doesnt stop it from being illegal or a crime.

The absolute arrogance of these people, and disregard for the country and its people is treasonous.

The ex-officials would not answer whether or not they had funneled information from the Iranian government to congressional Democrats, but admitted to educating Democratic members of Congress on their experience working with Iranian leaders.

EXCUSE me? So those in the Democrat party are aware that its actively going on huh? Refer back to my first statement on the post.

The Democrats and the left continue to push the envelope, working with enemies of the US , against US interests, all the while screaming that Trump is colluding with Russia.

I have a very very strong feeling that this is a very small part of the smoke and mirrors that is "Collusion Gate". All a mask to hide what is really going on.

This use to be punishable by firing squad.

I wouldnt be sad to see it re-implemented

Info
edit on 31-5-2019 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

+29 more 
posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I'd just seize their US passports.

If they like Iran so much, they should stay there.

+26 more 
posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   
This makes me really angry, but at the same time..... Are we surprised? We knew that there had to be a reason the Dems were pushing that narrative so hard......

It's that old addage that if someone is accusing you of something you haven't done, and are so adamant about it..... Its probably them that are doing it....

So now we know that the Dems have worked with Russia and Iran to get to Trump......

Wake up everyone.... The democrats and the left are enemies of our country..... And they will see her torn to the ground and her people scattered like ashes if they can't have their way....
edit on 5/31/2019 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

Architects of the Iran nuclear deal purportedly admitted to continuing their own foreign policy initiatives

Former officials from the Obama administration are reportedly advising Iran amid escalating tensions with U.S., running an independent foreign policy initiative to counter President Donald Trump.

Journalists Betsy Woodruff and Erin Banco noted that "conversations of this nature sometimes generate" accusations of violating the Logan Act, which prohibits private citizens from engaging in discussions relevant to a U.S. dispute with another country on behalf of the government.

Well no crap "sometimes" because that is EXACTLY what it is!

The authors also pointed out "the likelihood that former Obama officials could face such a charge is basically zero percent," given the fact that no one has ever been convicted under the 1799 law.

So they are doing it, because even though they know its a violation, they know they probably wont get charged with anything.

Thats like saying you commit crimes because you know you can get away with it, it doesnt stop it from being illegal or a crime.

The absolute arrogance of these people, and disregard for the country and its people is treasonous.

The ex-officials would not answer whether or not they had funneled information from the Iranian government to congressional Democrats, but admitted to educating Democratic members of Congress on their experience working with Iranian leaders.

Ahh, so those in the Democrat party are aware that its actively going on huh? Refer back to my first statement on the post.

The Democrats and the left continue to push the envelope, working with enemies of the US , against US interests, all the while screaming that Trump is colluding with Russia.

I have a very very strong feeling that this is a very small part of the smoke and mirrors that is "Collusion Gate". All a mask to hide what is really going on.

This use to be punishable by firing squad.

I wouldnt be sad to see it re-implemented

Info

You are right of course but nobody cares, look at how Reagan negotiated the hostage release till after the election. And of course when they do this they negotiate from a position of weakness and likely promise Iran the moon and the stars.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

unfortunately I fear that they are right as too, they wont be brought to justice. Not unless the people demand they be held accountable.

+5 more 
posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

Many officials associated with the deal got a cut of the billions of dollars in bribe money given to Iran.

Now that there's a REAL Sheriff (Trump) and Deputy (Barr) on the world's stage, those officials are afraid of being outed, and prosecuted.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   

unfortunately I fear that they are right as too, they wont be brought to justice. Not unless the people demand they be held accountable.

Who is going to pardon the pun trumpet the story? Media won't be critical

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: SailorJerry

Many officials associated with the deal got a cut of the billions of dollars in bribe money given to Iran.

Now that there's a REAL Sheriff (Trump) and Deputy (Barr) on the world's stage, those officials are afraid of being outed, and prosecuted.

I wouldnt doubt that part of Obamas deal was a nice cut of the cash and a guarantee by Obama that politicians from his party would always be available to Iranian leaders. Hence Kerry and others.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

So far I have seen the blaze carrying this, theres a few others, but of course they spin it a completely different way to make it look innocent, without actually addressing the fact that its directly against the interests of the United States and they are not authorized to speak on behalf of our gov

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   
We are not at war with Iran.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   

So far I have seen the blaze carrying this, theres a few others, but of course they spin it a completely different way to make it look innocent, without actually addressing the fact that its directly against the interests of the United States and they are not authorized to speak on behalf of our gov

What's scary about this is, what's keeping the ever increasingly desperate Dems from goading Iran into more and more provocative situations. Like I said I didn't like it when Reagan did it and I dont like it now.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

But Obama and ilk waged economic insurrection on our Nation !! 😧

All getting exposed. All the dirt and slime. 😎

+2 more 
posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It's pretty much useless to try and tell anyone....... Lol they don't understand we're a republic, not a democracy....... Much less how laws work in regards to foreign nations

+22 more 
posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   

The Logan Act (1 Stat. 613, 18 U.S.C. § 953, enacted January 30, 1799) is a United States federal law that criminalizes negotiation by unauthorized persons with foreign governments having a dispute with the United States.

Please educate yourself before spilling out your drivel, it doesnt have to be open war.

However to be honest, I knew it would take less than an hour before you would be on here posting nonsense.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   

What's scary about this is, what's keeping the ever increasingly desperate Dems from goading Iran into more and more provocative situations. Like I said I didn't like it when Reagan did it and I dont like it now.

The left would love nothing more , than to give Iran advice that would goad Trump into action and hurt him for the election because we know the US doesnt want to take part in another war.

I wouldnt be surprised at all if they were taking steps to facilitate this. They have well beyond proven their "By Any Means Necessary" mantra through out the whole of this presidency since day one.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   
It's time to get serious..No more games or political talking points! Take that F**** Kenyan fraud down!

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sabrechucker
It's time to get serious..No more games or political talking points! Take that F**** Kenyan fraud down!

Not interested in conspiracies on his origins, and more distractions, im only interested, as should the American people be, of what is very real, and going on RIGHT now.

+3 more 
posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Iran seems to think they are.

All that screaming of death to America and all that jazz.

They were also training and arming all the bombers making IEDs in Iraq.

While we may not be in a straight shooting war with Iran, they are hostile against us and aiding them is explicitly detrimental to US policy.

With that being said, I don't believe Iran is a legitimate threat to the US. And we should absolutely not go to war with them in any way.

If they are anyone's legitimate problem, it's Israel, and they are more than capable of defending themselves without our involvement.

But if partisan hacks are aiding them just to score media brownie points against the current elected leadership of the United States, then they should be prepared to be dealt with as the seditious scum that they are.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

You know they are doing it for the soul purpose of undermining Trump.... That's their only reason..... And like stated above they don't care about the repercussions.......

And yes you're right you don't have to be in a shooting conflict with another country for the Logan act to apply.......

... I would love sillyolme to enlighten us on her military background and how she was informed during that service how the Logan act works........ Oh wait....

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 11:12 PM
link   

The Logan Act (1 Stat. 613, 18 U.S.C. § 953, enacted January 30, 1799) is a United States federal law that criminalizes negotiation by unauthorized persons with foreign governments having a dispute with the United States.

Please educate yourself before spilling out your drivel, it doesnt have to be open war.

However to be honest, I knew it would take less than an hour before you would be on here posting nonsense.

The Logan act isn't treason though, it's the Logan Act.

China is our biggest threat and I'm sure there are US citizens and government officials protecting interests there as we speak.

The debate for both instances, aid to China and Iran should definitely be looked into for Logan Act violations and or other laws.

I don't see treason though. We're at war with either. And if we just start charging people for politics than who are we? It's the nation's highest crime.

BTW, we're not at war with Iran just because Bolton is being Bolton. So when we say treason in this context, it normalizes the idea we can go to war with Iran.

Partisan effing BS. People are willing for a disastrous war for political "winning". Give me a break.
edit on 31-5-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join