It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For all you Pro-Choicers

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: Bloodworth

So. You think that in 95 percent of the unwanted pregnancies the men are conning the women into having unprotected sex but its the women that are the problem???
I read an article the other day about some app that is available to women that helps monitor their own cycles so they can have a better idea as to when is a bad time to have sex. Much of the financing backing this app came from Catholic pro-life groups and the website that is used to promote the app has some not so factual information on It including Not so factual information as to the risks of hormonal birth control methods.
The fact is that close to 25 out of every 100 who believe their not so factual information and rely on this method of birth control will find themselves pregnant. And although there is some risks involved in the hormonal birth control to some members of our society it is far more effective than trying to guess when that small window of time when pregnancy occurs.
So while you men are busy talking the gals into having unprotected sex (according to your own post) and religious institutions are convincing them (lying to them) to avoid the most effective tools available to avoid pregnancy, women have been screwing with their hormone levels for over a half a century to avoid those big families of six or more kids that they or their parents remember growing up in. And you men are still baulking at the thought of using a rubber, still promoting pulling out as a birth control method, and rape and sexual abuse of children are still pretty much treated as a joke in the legal system.
But ya, it's the women that are the problem!!

We now have a few laws that have been passed on the state level that would ban just about all abortions that have no exception for rape or incest. Which means that the lawmakers that wrote them see no problem with forcing young girls who've been taken advantage of by sorry old pos men to have babies.
Isn't it time to just say no to sex? Give them what they've always claimed they wanted. How many times have we been told well of she doesn't want a kid she shouldn't have the sex? Well how about we give them a few years where only those women who want kids have sex and see just how low the birth rate in the country can go!!!

People will always try and convince weaker people of doing things...Its always up to the person whether they give In or not.

Just say no to unprotected sex ladies....they have female condoms as well....keep em In your wallet's...or purses if women use those girly things anymore.
My girl has a wallet chain...

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
So. You think that in 95 percent of the unwanted pregnancies the men are conning the women into having unprotected sex but its the women that are the problem???

No one can con you into unprotected sex. Men who get a girl pregnant should be forced to pay for those children. I believe in very harsh measures for men who don't.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

Whenever a condom is used it's recommended that another method is used along side it like a spermicide so while the girl is shooting that crap inside her there is no reason the guy can't be slapping a rubber on. A condom alone is not really that effective either. And no method is 100 percent effective so really there is no protected sex just decreases in the risk of pregnancy. So gals, young or old, married or not, if you don't really want a kid just say no to sex till you decide you do!! And we can all sit back and watch the birth rate drop and the economic turmoil that results.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Economic turmoil? Well then we need to say no to abortion. The birth rate is being hindered and causing economic turmoil.

Condoms are very effective. It would take an average of 50 years having sex with them for them to fail and cause a pregnancy.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

Surely a life, even if it is difficult is better than no life at all.

My childhood was no picnic but am i glad to be alive? Sure, i'm thankful for my creation.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

How scary is that. Someone else deciding if your life is happy enough for you to live it. If they decide you are not happy enough, you die.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Rape is an interesting case. If a man rapes a woman, do we put his brother, or father in jail? Why or why not?

So you believe a human life is worth the same as that of a single cell bacteria? The same as a termite?

Why would we put the brother or farther of a rapist in jail? Why did you even come up with that?

I believe either all life is sacred or none of it is. I would value the life of a termite over a mass murdering psychopath.

You say you aren’t anti abortion when the pregnancy endangers the life of the mother.
Yet you believe the foetus is a living individual as soon as it is conceived. So you value the life of one over the other.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade

Surely a life, even if it is difficult is better than no life at all.

My childhood was no picnic but am i glad to be alive? Sure, i'm thankful for my creation.

Not when the parents/parent go on to murder the child after making its short life a misery. Also tell that to those who commit suicide.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

Why would we put the brother or farther of a rapist in jail? Why did you even come up with that?

Then why do we kill the unborn child for the sin of the rapist? That's the point.

I believe either all life is sacred or none of it is. I would value the life of a termite over a mass murdering psychopath.

So if you find termites in your yard you won't kill them? If they are inside your house you won't kill them?

You say you aren’t anti abortion when the pregnancy endangers the life of the mother.
Yet you believe the foetus is a living individual as soon as it is conceived. So you value the life of one over the other.

False, I refuse to value the life of one over the other. It is like any other case of self defense, the person whose life is in danger has the right to protect themselves, their choice, not mine.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Why did toysrus close?
Ya economic turmoil.
And don't tell me about the effectiveness of condoms, not when two of my three kids were conceived while using the spermicide and condoms. Went over ten years and never got pregnant using the pill decided we wanted a child was told afterwards I was in a risk group and the pill presented too high a risk and well ended up with three. My oldest wasn't even three when my youngest was born. Ya it worked real fine for me!!
But I find it interesting how much opposition I get when I encourage women to just say no to sex. I mean the pro lifers can say it and get far more support than I do. Guess maybe it's how I present the idea??
The latest crop of laws Are going too far. Of they are allowed to stand preteen victims of sexual abuse might end up trying to have babies. I say trying to have because some will not live through the experience and there will be not only a fetus loss but also a child! And those that do survive will be physically and emotionally damaged for the rest of thier lives!
If the lawmakers lack the compassion to even write in an exception for child rape victims just what will be the fate of any adult women who's pregnancy becomes complicated risking her health or life??
No, it's time for drastic measures. Its time to give the pro-life crowd what they've always claimed they wanted. Its time for women and men young and old, married or single, to just say no to sex unless their goal is a child!
Unless you want your rights to be superceeded by the rights of a few cells growing in a women's body!

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   

It’s should be the choice of rape victim. Why should the victim potentially have their lives ruined through an unwanted pregnancy? They didn’t consent to the pregnancy so they should have the choice to abort it as soon as they are aware of it.

We don’t have termites in the U.K. it doesn’t mean I would kill them for being in my yard though. Say I had a rat infestation I would seek to have them removed without poisoning them it can be done. In essence I wouldn’t take another life unless I thought I absolutely must, on the other hand I’m an advocate of euthanasia in some circumstances.

Ah so it becomes about self defence, what about those mothers who would rather forfeit their lives for the sake of their unborn child’s? Must they be convinced they are wrong to do so?

Is the victim of rape wrong to murder her assailant while being attacked in the name of self defence?

I say again the issue is a nuanced one and should be treated as such.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Toa reply to: OccamsRazor04
Forget that, I will take the murdering psycho over any number of termites every time.

But in any case, I have not updated this draft peice of legislation i worked on with other members, some participating in this very discussion since 2016. Anyone is welcome to discuss it's merits or drawbacks.

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

Resolution to Re-Define Early Termination of Unborn Humans Act (The name is a work in progress, and subject to change)
Introduction
In an effort to curb the rampant immorality of our people in God's eyesIn an effort to curb dangerous and irresponsible behavior, as well as take into account the rights of the father which have been ignored and neglected for generations, new restrictions on the termination of unborn life shall hereby be in effect.
A new maximum allowance of one termination of life per annum will hereby go into effect, with the exception of waivers outlined in section one.
Section 1]:No citizen of the USA may seek to have more than the authorized maximum allowance for termination of life in a given year, with the following exceptions noted:

1. (a)the delivery of the child may cause undue hardships, stresses, injury, or fatality to either the mother or child
  2. (b)a diagnosis for a terminal illness, or genetic defect has been identified which would severely limit and/or impair the quality of life of the child
  3. (c)the conception was the product of rape or incest
  4. (d)the mother falls into a coma that may complicate delivery. In which case the decision to terminate will fall to the father if present, or the legal guardian, and then to executor of estate.
  5. (e)the mother will be entering or is already incarcerated into prison for the duration of the pregnancy, at which point she may choose termination

Penalties outlined in Section 4
    Section 2]No woman, without the consent of the father who's genetic code makes up 50% of the conceived life, may carry out the termination of an unborn human life without the consent of the father , with exception to the following life situations:

1. (a)the woman has no clue who the father is or may be,
    2. (b)the father has waived his parental rights to make a decision in the fate of his child,
    3. (c)the father is absentee and has abandoned his duties as a parent,t
    4. (d)the father has any existing domestic violence convictions against the mother
    5. (e)the father is incarcerated at any point during the pregnancy
    6. (f)the father has been committed to psychiatric care at any point during his life or declared mentally deficit, even upon being cleared to re-renter society
    7. (g)the father is registered as a sex offender
    8. (h)the father is in a medical state, such as a coma, and is unable to make his wishes known, unless before entering such state, has had his wishes for the child known by way of a legal and notarized writ on file.

Penalties outlined in Section 4
      Section 3] No government agency or jurisdiction or private interest has the authority to order forced sterilization upon any woman against her will, or intervene in the voluntary choice by a woman to become sterilized. NO EXCEPTIONS

Section 4]Criminal Penalties
      Nobody is guilt of a crime by seeking consultation with a physician, religious figure, friend, family, or legal counsel on termination of life.
      If a termination of life is medically documented beyond the established per annum limit and does not fall within the exceptions highlighted in Section 2, the individual is guilty of a first degree misdemeanor, punishable by up to 1 year in prison, and a maximum fine of ten thousand dollars ($10,000). Any medical professional who assists in the execution of a termination of life beyond the per annum limit is guilty of a third degree felony punishable by up to five years in prison, a maximum imposed fine of up to $250,000, and may risk losing their certification to practice medicine.

Considering a lot has happened just in the last six months on this issue, I think I will soon start a second edition to fine tune this old draft I forgot to finish.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   

So abortion caused the closing of Toys'R'Us? Interesting.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

It’s should be the choice of rape victim. Why should the victim potentially have their lives ruined through an unwanted pregnancy? They didn’t consent to the pregnancy so they should have the choice to abort it as soon as they are aware of it.

And their unborn child did not rape them either, but you believe they should pay the price.

We don’t have termites in the U.K. it doesn’t mean I would kill them for being in my yard though. Say I had a rat infestation I would seek to have them removed without poisoning them it can be done. In essence I wouldn’t take another life unless I thought I absolutely must, on the other hand I’m an advocate of euthanasia in some circumstances.

Termites in your yard mean they will be in your house soon. Do you ever sanitize your hands? If you do you are a murderer by your logic.

Ah so it becomes about self defence, what about those mothers who would rather forfeit their lives for the sake of their unborn child’s? Must they be convinced they are wrong to do so?

That would be crazy, who in their right mind would think that? When their life is at stake they can make the decision.

Is the victim of rape wrong to murder her assailant while being attacked in the name of self defence?

Absolutely not, anyone being raped should use any means necessary to stop it, preferably a means that ends the life of the rapist. As far as I am concerned that is a capital punishment crime.

I say again the issue is a nuanced one and should be treated as such.

You say it, but you provide zero evidence for it. It's not nuanced. The unborn child is a unique human life, that is medical science and is undisputable. You want to place arbitrary notions, not based in science, on when that human life becomes a "person" ... which is a made up term subject to the winds of whim as to what it means.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Or using birth control. I mean the abortion rate has been steadily declining the past few decades. Or maybe it's just that people just can't make babies if the are focused on the cellphones and computers 24-7. But the way I understand it they blamed their store closures on the declining birth rate.
edit on 2-6-2019 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I’ll refer you to the post Worldstarcountry has just made. Which shows just how nuanced the issue is.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   

So abortion is causing the economic collapse of America. We need to rally to stop abortions, right?

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   

It's not nuanced. Very simple ideas result in complex laws. The simple concept of you can not have an abortion without just cause then causes a huge complex law defining every version of just cause.

The idea of you can't kill someone without just cause is a very simple concept we all understand and agree. The resulting laws are huge and complex. You don't need a PhD to understand murder is wrong, but you might if you want to be involved in the writing of the law.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   

And when that doesn't work you'll have to ban birth control. And when that doesnt work because the women just don't want the sex that badly you'll have to remake our economic system making marriage a neccessity if women want to survive like in the old says. Maybe come up with a law like One of the Israeli kings of old that all wives are to be obediant to their husbands in an attempt to force them to have sex. And If that doesn't work maybe just maybe they will start looking to the men for a source of their problem. Maybe cut the internet and computer games or come up with laws that will force them into taking on the responsibility of fatherhood.
Who knows. Lets give a go and see how far it can go.
But I do think you would have to go further than just banning abortions. Especially if It involves laws like some of the current ones that have been passed since they are gonna cause deaths and a lot of heartache along with an economic and health crisis far worse than a drop in population would bring.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
It’s not a decision any one in their right mind would want to make.
In some situations, for some, anythings on the table for what ever can be justified.
Human beings seem rather animalistic, so a mother’s choice to not carry a fetus to term must be respected. This would conform to natural law, I suppose.
edit on 00000061019610America/Chicago02 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join