It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For all you Pro-Choicers

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Why can’t people use contraceptives? I bet people like the OP believe sperm life matters too. Seriously the issue is far more nuanced as to be an either or choice. I find the reactionary right as scary as the looney left in America these days.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

Why can’t people use contraceptives? I bet people like the OP believe sperm life matters too. Seriously the issue is far more nuanced as to be an either or choice. I find the reactionary right as scary as the looney left in America these days.

People get raped, people are too young to understand, people don't even get to choose. Are we living on the same world yet, in 2019?
edit on 1-6-2019 by Malisa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: JoeGee

Nothing funny about it.

You think America became imperialist after WW1. Aside from the fact that I went to sleep, what you said is such ahistorical nonsense that there would be no point responding to you as if this is a productive debate.

Before WW1 you built your American Exceptionalist nation on the backs of widespread slavery, and did so to pave over the blood and bones of millions of Natives. It’s quite clear that you are clueless.

Not surprising though, really, cos that sort of uneducated nonsense seems to go hand in hand with believing you’re an exceptional nation.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Oh?

I'll agree with You on Women's health, physically, mentally and spiritually! Absolutely 100%.

Mind if I tell You a personal story tho? I ( Me being a Man ) was dating my high school sweet heart into mid college, and we were having sex on a very loving caring and regular basis. Condoms were used, but pullout method was usually the case.

However so, She said: "If I ever got pregnant, I would never tell You and I would secretly have an Abortion". That was after a heated discussion We had on the what ifs. If You've ever read any of my post's before on ATS concerning this, You'd know I'm extremely passionate about this issue. Long story short, we broke up quickly after this.

So yes it is a "Human Issue" Sookie. Does anyone care about the Guys that want Children? Do they care about their health physically, mentally and spiritually?

Makes me wonder sometimes. And then I hear about: "Where have all the Good Guys Gone"?

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 06:29 AM
link   
JoeGee - You have a beautiful Daughter by the way. I'll send a spiritual prayer for You and Your Daughter via the Holy Ghost.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

My guess would be to say that life being hard isn't a good reason to kill a baby.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

Why would sperm life matter?

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

Unless someone is delusional enough to think they’re doing the world a service by having kids...

I know someone who had three boys by the time she was 17. While the mother herself is someone I regard as a waste of oxygen, all three of those boys are amazing young men now who are accomplishing great things.

You all need to get out of the business of fortune telling because you're not very good at it.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Double post
edit on 1-6-2019 by trustmeimdoctor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Nobody is forced to have an abortion. It is a choice. If you don't like it, don't do it. Stop trying to take others rights away when it doesn't effect you.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: trustmeimdoctor
Nobody is forced to have an abortion. It is a choice. If you don't like it, don't do it. Stop trying to take others rights away when it doesn't effect you.

I agree. Abortion does not affect others. Just worry about yourself. It's just more religious folk pushing their anti-abortion beliefs on us. I wonder how many anti-abortionists support war...

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: trustmeimdoctor

No one else is forced to kill their 2 year old, so stop trying to take away my right to do it. If you don't like it, don't do it. Stop taking away my rights.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: JoeGee

"For example, in China, they have the freedom to give birth, but their freedom of choice to have more than 1 child is hindered."

A 1 child policy for a generation or two would help the world immensely. It's probably not attainable but depopulation would result in lower chances for wars over resources.

China is of course a bad example.

However, it's not something we should be fighting about. Abortion, impeachment, pro-gun, no-gun, ect.. All those hot button topics do nothing for the country. Live and let be. Focus on important issues that can be resolved.

We focus too much on how we should force others to live. Drugs, abortion, homosexuality ect..

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: dubiousatworst

Imagine you were engaged, you fiancee was pregnant with your child, that you were ready to nurture and help flourish. Then she decides to kill it, and leave you.

That's rejection with a very big exclamation mark !
Imagine too if the relationship was good before that, and the fight that breaks them up is her choice to kill that baby. If I was in a LTR and my gal killed our baby, that would be a deal breaker that would end the relationship, that's a higher level of betrayal than cheating in another relationship. Legal murder of your son or daughter by the person you love is a pretty heinous act, unforgivable.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: SilentSaturn
Live and let be.

That's actually the entire point of the pro-life side.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoeGee
When I was 16 I had my first abortion with my 2nd girlfriend. It was an easy decision at the time because I was a young, irresponsible and naive kid. I thought like any normal person in our age would. I can't afford this, my life would be over.

Well...here I am, 27 years old and my daughter is 10 months old. Every day is a struggle for me. Sometimes when money is tight, I won't even eat for the whole day. I've considered stealing baby food before, but that isn't in my character, so I just put my head down and grind on and somehow make it work.

I will tell you right now, I do not regret a thing. This child, this beautiful 10 month old baby, is the most beautiful and amazing thing that has ever come to be in my life. I don't think a million dollar winning lotto ticket would make me smile harder than when I look into my daughters eyes and she smiles back.

And believe me, the option to abort was on the table 10 months ago too. It was a hard decision. But I had to do the responsible thing and see to it that I follow through with my actions that lead me to this point and persevere.

Fetus lives matter

Congrats and a beautiful child. You will make an excellent father!

A few things here...YOU didn't have one...SHE did.

And as a touring musician and dozens of 1 night stands...I've never seen them again, dont know if they got pregnant...or if they did and had an abortion...I never knew it...

Makes it hard to say "I" prob had a bunch thru my early years...years back...

A woman always has her personal right to choose. I...as a man or "impregant-or" ( is that a word?)....have little to do with her personal choices...except if in a mutual relationship.

Even then...I may not approve, but it is her body...tho I believe if there's a heartbeat, theres a life in there...
edit on 1-6-2019 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Iraqis, iranians, and Palestinians have sweet adorable children also.
Too bad they can't enjoy their childhood without the fear of American made bombs landing on their homes.
It's like that this life is precious bit is so strong in some when it comes to the unborn but they can't seem to extend it out past birth and that same feeling of preciousness fades from the scene once the poliwogs in Washington start beating the war drums or start talking about cutting the programs that help families feed, house, and insure their kids for the nice big tax cuts that end up being next to meaningless for most.

The debate has gotten so twisted that the little preborn girl who's life is claimed as being so precious before birth could be treated as just a disposable incubator for a fetus that has less of a chance of survival as she does if sexual abuse has left her pregnant before she had even reached her teen years if some of these recent laws were to go into effect.
Children dying because they were forced to attempt to give birth to children would clearly show just how bogus the "life is previous" banter is. Just the fact that at least one state has passed such a law is a pretty clear indication of that!

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoeGee
I had my first abortion with my 2nd girlfriend.

There. In that phrase, you show the great chasm between you and the pro-choicers. You cannot understand where they are coming from and they will not understand where you are coming from.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Oh please, this is nyiah your speaking of, that post is barely top ten for her! And I know I have definitely been more callous.

I used to joke about getting abortion with the first three, it was having a daughter that made me sick to my stomach even think king of abortion as a joke, let alone a real option.

I wrote up a draft peice on abortion at the end of 2016. It was a serious and productive discussion, And I feel it came to come good compromise. Would love to revisit that sometime

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   
It's just making me sad. You can't put food on the table, you don't know how to use a condom and think that puts you in a position to tell others what they have to do?
Humans are not rabbits you know? There's more one can contribute to society than making babies. Maybe instead of #ing so much you should have learned something?
Who will pay for this admittedly georgious little princess' music lessons? Tennis, or soccer, or dancing? Her education? Traveling?
You have a lot of responsibility now and it's nice you love her and are proud of her, but if I read your responses here I really don't know what you will be able to teach her?
Don't # this up dude. This is a lot more serious than you seem to think.

And I am pro-choice but I also know what contraception is for. Abortion is literally dead serious for extreme situations and I'm not at all saying you should have aborted her, I'm just saying people like you should maybe think before you #.
Get a second job, stop #ing around. You can't afford the one you already have, keep it in your pants and mind your own business. What's the plan here?
You can't accomplish anything else so you make more babies? read this

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join