It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For all you Pro-Choicers

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Again, nobody is aborting viable healthy fetuses, at anytime. People like you who don't know what they're talking about and use pseudo science and lies to promote fear and hate, should leave life and death medical decisions up to medical doctors and the people involved and most affected.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth
The ancient story was used as a horror tale and guilt trip.

Quaint!
The ancient way control by fear and guilt.

Dead people dont come back, but before the gates of heaven are open, since heaven isn't open borders.

Theres an assumption there that everyone believes?

And killing is a serious offence.

I would like to think so..... however the average sentence for murder appears

to be something like 15 years Personally I dont think that is serious enough.

Thou shall not kill
you will.be judged.

You cannot kill that which has never existed which has never breathed.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: Bloodworth
The ancient story was used as a horror tale and guilt trip.

Quaint!
The ancient way control by fear and guilt.

Dead people dont come back, but before the gates of heaven are open, since heaven isn't open borders.

Theres an assumption there that everyone believes?

And killing is a serious offence.

I would like to think so..... however the average sentence for murder appears

to be something like 15 years Personally I dont think that is serious enough.

Thou shall not kill
you will.be judged.

You cannot kill that which has never existed which has never breathed.

Is there electric current running through it yet?

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Again, nobody is aborting viable healthy fetuses, at anytime. People like you who don't know what they're talking about and use pseudo science and lies to promote fear and hate, should leave life and death medical decisions up to medical doctors and the people involved and most affected.

It’s people like YOU who don’t see the decay of moral fiber when society starts writing bills like tgebone I posted about. The radical left and Democrat Party are promoting these things. Do you think in their mind it’s much different than euthanizing seniors who have overstayed their welcome in the healthcare industry? Or any different from euthanizing Terri Schaivo? That’s the slippery slope they are taking us down.
You do not want to admit it is you who don’t know what you are talking about.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   

oh right because it’s doctors who wrote that bill in Virginia .... right ..... got it

The bill, called the Reproductive Health Act, would also repeal the state’s partial birth abortion ban, which affects later-stage pregnancies. Partial-birth abortions are not allowed under federal law, unless it’s used as a means to save the mother’s life when it’s in jeopardy.
www.google.com...
Do you even know what a partial-birth abortion is?

This is nowhere more readily apparent than in the grotesque partial-birth abortion procedure method, in which a living fetus is extracted intact from the womb only to be killed in the process of delivery. The concern to draw a bright line in the law between elective abortion and infanticide led Congress to enact the Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act in 2003, which the U.S. Supreme Court upheld in 2007. The federal partial-birth abortion (PBA) law prohibits procedures where a fetus, while still alive, is partially delivered, with the intent to take action to kill the fetus after he or she has been delivered to certain anatomical landmarks:

ctively circumvented it. On undercover footage, Planned Parenthood medical directors and executives described abortions involving intact, living fetuses and procedures identical to those prohibited by law—and they routinely pointed to specific Planned Parenthood protocols as providing the legal loophole to do so. New primary-source documents, never before released publicly, now corroborate these statements on the videos, which a federal appeals court recently ruled were evidence that Planned Parenthood commits criminal partial-birth abortions
www.centerformedicalprogress.org...
That being said, the Virginia law which was scrapped is proof that pro choice lobby continues to push more and more radical laws.
edit on 3-6-2019 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   

It’s people like YOU who don’t see the decay of moral fiber when society starts writing bills like tgebone I posted about.

People like don't see the moral decay when states start writing laws that remove autonomy rights from women, ignoring the Constitution and effectively relegating them to incubators.

oh right because it’s doctors who wrote that bill in Virginia .... right ..... got it

Oh right, because it's doctors who wrote those total abortion ban balls and those heartbeat bills, too.

The bill, called the Reproductive Health Act, would also repeal the state’s partial birth abortion ban, which affects later-stage pregnancies.

Partial-birth abortions are not allowed under federal law, unless it’s used as a means to save the mother’s life when it’s in jeopardy.

Federal law says that women have the right to access safe abortions, but those law makers don't care what federal laws says, if it's a law that protects women's reproductive rights. They're hoping that their persistent selective outrage will cause public opinion to demand that women are stripped of their personhood in favor of a fertilized egg.

edit on 3-6-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha
So, although partial birth abortions are by law illegal, they can and have been done, and according to National Right to Life, there have been up to between 3 and 5 thousand performed annually. www.nrlc.org...

Now, back to Virginia...

The interviewer brought up Monday’s committee hearing, during which Democratic delegate Kathy Tran, the chief sponsor of the bill, stated that her legislation would allow a woman to receive an abortion even while she was going into labor. The host then asked Northam whether he supports the bill and asked him to explain Tran’s comment.

www.nationalreview.com...
So now we have established that partial birth abortions do occur though they are illegal, and it has been exposed that Planned Parenthood likely participates in such practices, and Democrats in at least one state (Virginia) have sponsored bills which would allow this type of abortion all the way up to labor..... I don't know what more I can say, but that you simply refuse to see what is happening.

Update 1:40 p.m.: Senator Ben Sasse (R., Neb.) gave a statement to National Review this afternoon in response to Northam’s comments. Sasse is the author of the Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act, which would impose penalties on physicians that refuse medical care to infants born alive in botched abortion procedures. “This is morally repugnant,” Sasse said of Northam’s comments. “In just a few years pro-abortion zealots went from ‘safe, legal, and rare’ to ‘keep the newborns comfortable while the doctor debates infanticide.’

So, you see, our society has gone from rare but do it in the first trimester, to sponsoring bills to do the deed during birth, or even if the woman delivers, to let the baby die.
So apparently, you are not aware of what these people are actually promoting, or you somehow believe that once the baby is born, it's ok to let them die because it was "diseased". And that's infanticide, that's euthanizing babies who present an inconvenient situation, that's deciding who gets to live or die based on convenience or some kind of societal idea, and frankly based on Malthusian concepts that only the healthy and wealthy should live. By the way, Malthus was related to Darwin.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   

So, although partial birth abortions are by law illegal, they can and have been done, and according to National Right to Life, there have been up to between 3 and 5 thousand performed annually. www.nrlc.org...

Federal law bans partial birth abortion except when the life of the mother is at risk. Do you want repeal that clause, and let women die, in favor of their baby? What if the woman has other children at home counting on her? Even the Talmud instructs midwives to perform partial birth abortions when the woman's life is at risk.

Democrats in at least one state (Virginia) have sponsored bills which would allow this type of abortion all the way up to labor.....

That has always been the case, as far as I know.

Again, we are not talking about a viable, healthy fetus here. I don't know of any law that says that fetal demise procedures can't be performed during labor. These kinds of life and death decision must not be left to politics, but to the doctors and the people who are affected.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
This thread:

"I didn't abort 50% of the pregnancies I was involved with, therefore nobody should abort, ever."

And, for real. If you were trying to have this child, you should've waited until you were stable enough to not have to starve to feed her.

Beautiful girl though. Congrats.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   

It’s people like YOU who don’t see the decay of moral fiber when society starts writing bills like tgebone I posted about.

Yours:
People like don't see the moral decay when states start writing laws that remove autonomy rights from women, ignoring the Constitution and effectively relegating them to incubators.

Mine: Partial Birth Abortion is "gruesome" according to the 2003 bill passed in CONGRESS, and also stated that it is not necessary to preserve a woman's health. Here's the bill. Please read it. www.govinfo.gov...

Yours:
Oh right, because it's doctors who wrote those total abortion ban balls and those heartbeat bills, too.

Mine: Again, you are the one who stated that it was up to the doctor and his patient. Yet Congress has already passed a ban on partial birth abortion, and the Virginia bill would allow a baby to be aborted right up to and during labor. Again, you are the one arguing that it should be up to the doctor. I don't recall that the sponsor of the Virginia bill is a medical doctor.

Yours: The bill, called the Reproductive Health Act, would also repeal the state’s partial birth abortion ban, which affects later-stage pregnancies.

Yours: Partial-birth abortions are not allowed under federal law, unless it’s used as a means to save the mother’s life when it’s in jeopardy.

Yours: Federal law says that women have the right to access safe abortions, but those law makers don't care what federal laws says, if it's a law that protects women's reproductive rights. They're hoping that their persistent selective outrage will cause public opinion to demand that women are stripped of their personhood in favor of a fertilized egg.
Mine: There is a difference between a woman's reproductive rights and murdering a baby during or after labor in a normal term pregnancy. That is why it is called infanticide. You sure make a good tool for the Malthusian abortion industry. Although, there is ultimately not so much difference between an early abortion and a late term abortion... both are live babies. The notion that a woman's reproduction rights naturally should include any of these types of pregnancy terminations is barbaric.
Again, also there is a difference between abortion on demand in the first trimester, and the Virginia bill. The ban passed by Congress states that partial birth abortion is not necessary to promote the health of the Mother.
I also mentioned my view regarding incest and rape victims. However, I see no reason for pregnancies from these situations to be necessary in late term.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

There is a difference between a woman's reproductive rights and murdering a baby during or after labor in a normal term pregnancy.

That is not happening. No state performs abortions on viable, perfectly healthy fetuses, or allows the execution of newborns.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   

There is a difference between a woman's reproductive rights and murdering a baby during or after labor in a normal term pregnancy.

That is not happening. No state performs abortions on viable, perfectly healthy fetuses, or allows the execution of newborns.

I think you mean no state has laws allowing this. I have said repeatedly that there are bills being written to overturn abortion bans and to increase access. You are also using terminology that is used by the abortion industry. The term "viable" is used to trick people into thinking that a baby is not really alive if it cannot survive outside the womb. It is indeed live from the moment of conception, it is just not fully developed. You need to update your understanding of what it means to abort a baby who is alive. What percentage of human fetuses aborted do you think are not healthy? The Virginia bill is one such. In Illinois they just passed a bill in the House to overturn the state's partial birth abortion ban

The Illinois House on Tuesday passed a bill that would repeal the state’s previous partial-birth-abortion ban and require that insurance providers cover contraception and abortion services.

You really need to stop conflating things.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   
to the poster...your little girl is beautiful!!!!!!, but you don't have enough to eat,,,now think if the abortion didn't happen...how much worse would your situation be right now......you did what you thought you needed to do at the time...don't let anyone make you feel guilty......the child that could have been...you just don;t know..could have been miscarried could have been REALLY ill, could have been the next ted bundy...you don't know

originally posted by: surfer_soul
a reply to: Lumenari

Why can’t people use contraceptives? I bet people like the OP believe sperm life matters too. Seriously the issue is far more nuanced as to be an either or choice. I find the reactionary right as scary as the looney left in America these days.

people DO use birth control...the world is NOT NOT NOT black and white, sometimes birth control fails no matter how well used..., sometimes used icorrectly and yes so,metimes not used.how many women were told they would NEVER be able to have a baby and somehow it happened anyway.

how many women (teenagers/adults) are raped or have a family member molesting them, besides the very sick babies that the parents get the test results at around 26 weeks girls molested by the dad or uncle are the OTHERS having late abortions because the family does everything to hide it.

many people don't want children and MANY people regret having the children they do have..that IS a fact....we a biologically programmed to keep the species going, and our bodies wil try to do that in spite of us....there was a study done with a bunch of women, turned out around the time of ovulation and most likely to get pregnant...there was a difference in how the dressed and did their hair, it was subtle but it happened every month...they didn't even realize they were doing it...it goes back to .... nature will find a way to keep the species going even if we are not conscience of what our bodies are doing....

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JoeGee

Your point? I've had 2 abortions, had a miscarriage, had 2 kids, was present at ground zero for the birth of both grandkids (one just 2 days ago) and I'm still pro- choice. Yes, babies can be the greatest blessing in the world if they are wanted and loved but when they aren't they are all too often neglected and/or abused. Nobody should be making that kind of decision except for the sperm and egg donor involved and showing pics isn't about to change any minds on the issue.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I have said repeatedly that there are bills being written to overturn abortion bans and to increase access

Again,, we are not talking about viable, healthy babies/fetuses.

The term "viable" is used to trick people into thinking that a baby is not really alive if it cannot survive outside the womb

"Viability" is a medical term/legal definition. It's not a trick, it's a reality. Nobody that I know of thinks unborn life isn't alive, but there is biological life, and then is a person's sentient life.

It is indeed live from the moment of conception

So is sperm and egg. There is no magical moment in which "life" begins.

What percentage of human fetuses aborted do you think are not healthy?

Pretty much every on demand abortion before viability is probably healthy. Of course there are a percentage that won't be healthy, but we can't really know that percentage, because the health of a woman and her unborn embryo or fetus isn't a consideration for on demand abortion.

The Illinois House on Tuesday passed a bill that would repeal the state’s previous partial-birth-abortion

You keep repeating that. We've already been through this. Leave life and death decision to doctors and people who are affected.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JoeGee

A new account to troll the abortion issue? Mods?!?

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Again,, we are not talking about viable, healthy babies/fetuses.

Not true. The Virginia bill though not passed involves up to labor. What part of that do you not understand???

"Viability" is a medical term/legal definition. It's not a trick, it's a reality. Nobody that I know of thinks unborn life isn't alive, but there is biological life, and then is a person's sentient life.

Yes viability means that it cannot survive outside the womb. It is not meant to survive outside the womb till labor at which time the natural biological process deems it ready. What part of that don't you also understand? You are simply parroting the usual abortion industry bs that a baby not being able to survive outside the womb means that a woman has the right to terminate it. It was based on the idea that the baby couldn't feel pain and the abortion industry called it a "clump of cells". We know now that the fetus can indeed feel and react to pain and can cry.
I think you might want to consider that the baby has a heartbeat by the end of the first month.

An unborn baby has a heartbeat as early as near the end of the first month of pregnancy, during week four or week five, according to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. This is just two to three weeks after conception. By this time, the heart is actually pumping blood with a steady rhythm.
www.livestrong.com...

Again you are just parroting the usual abortion industry propaganda to justify abortion on demand.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   

You keep repeating that. We've already been through this. Leave life and death decision to doctors and people who are affected.

We have been through this. NO a baby at FULL TERM should not be up to anybody to decide if it's going to live or not. I'm really being nice here.....the Virginia bill has been decried. Notice it's vanished from current news media attention?

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   

The Virginia bill though not passed involves up to labor.

That is not in reference to abortion on demand, where any woman can demand an abortion before fetal viability, for any reason. This is a doctor's decision based on his medical opinion. Viable healthy babies are not being aborted during the mother's labor.

Since you can't even imagine why a doctor would order fetal demise during labor, you probably shouldn't try to judge their motive.

It is not meant to survive outside the womb till labor at which time the natural biological process deems it ready.

Sometimes, the natural biology process never deems "it" ready, yet here "it" comes anyway.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Notice it's vanished from current news media attention?

Notice it didn't pass?

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join