It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China to respond to Trumps economic fascism

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

China has announced that it will blacklist “unreliable foreign firms” in retaliation to the US’s exclusion of Huawei and other Chinese companies. Meanwhile, the US intends unprecedented tariffs against Mexico. Christy Ai and Daniel Brito of “Boom Bust” join Rick Sanchez to share their expertise.

Trump thinks he can bully these countries but China may retaliate against individual companies.
Trump, doesn’t know how to use skillful means to attain his goals but just what amounts to economic fascism.
In response to Trump's most recent indulgence in economic fascism--the threatened tariffs on Mexico--precipitated a more than 350 point drop on the Dow today.www.cnbc.com...

Commerce ministry spokesman Gao Feng

• Commerce ministry says it will publish a list of businesses or individuals deemed to have violated market rules or taken ‘discriminatory measures’
• Hours after announcement, state broadcaster CCTV airs commentary saying China ‘does not want a war but it is not afraid to fight’

www.scmp.com...

What American companies will China hit?

Maybe Apple? Tech companies that sell a lot to China.

I guess we'll soon see

Hours after the announcement, state broadcaster CCTV’s prime time news aired a commentary saying that in the ongoing trade war with the US, China “does not want a war but it is not afraid to fight, and it would fight if push came to shove”. Kang Hui, the TV anchor who read the commentary, said: “If the US wants to negotiate, our door is open. If you want to fight, we will fight to the end.

edit on 31-5-2019 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

+42 more 
posted on May, 31 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I always giggle when a leftist uses the word "fascism" like they actually know what it means.

Aside from that, it appears that the topic is a little above your pay grade, sweety.

As is the stock market, it appears.

This will work out just fine for actual Americans.

It will just take time.

Congrats on taking Communist China's side though!

At least we know where you stand.

+24 more 
posted on May, 31 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   

So you want unfair trade, root for a communist country, illustrate the stock market has foreign investors (China, Mexico) and use this as an attack on Trump.

+15 more 
posted on May, 31 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Oooo….Let's rush to offer comfort and support to America's economic competitors so we can say "Orange Man Badder"!!

Yippee!

+4 more 
posted on May, 31 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So you want unfair trade, root for a communist country, illustrate the stock market has foreign investors (China, Mexico) and use this as an attack on Trump.

Well, the poster is a known Progressive leftie, so of course that's the way to go.

Not like that's fascist or anything...

+4 more 
posted on May, 31 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I've invented a new game.
When I see a title in the mud pit i take a guess who the OP is...

I had a 50/50 chance on this one and i nailed it...

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I like it!!!

As inventor of it, you make up a name for it...

I'll just start playing it.

A side note... as inventor of this game, are you somehow liable for my eventual rehab?

+7 more 
posted on May, 31 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   

How are tariffs and taxes on corporations fascism ? 🤣

+1 more 
posted on May, 31 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   

FAIL.

Try fishing somewhere else.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Well, Trumps already told american tech company's they can't play with their bad influence friends anymore, so I guess it won't matter. It is a bit uneasy seeing a government step on free enterprise, but on the global market, I guess anything goes really.

Those tech giants will just find another place to find cheap labor and what not.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I like it!!!

As inventor of it, you make up a name for it...

I'll just start playing it.

A side note... as inventor of this game, are you somehow liable for my eventual rehab?

How about.."name that troll"?

And I bare no responsibility for mental anguish.

+2 more 
posted on May, 31 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

How are tariffs and taxes on corporations fascism ? 🤣

It's fascist if a Republican dares to do anything that slows down the progress of making America a Hegelian Utopia.

When the actual fascists do things then it is all about helping Americans reach economic parity, or social justice, or saving the planet.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Well, Trumps already told american tech company's they can't play with their bad influence friends anymore, so I guess it won't matter. It is a bit uneasy seeing a government step on free enterprise, but on the global market, I guess anything goes really.

Those tech giants will just find another place to find cheap labor and what not.

Maybe those companies will pay.

Edit...

Pay their employees a fair wage. (is what I meant).
edit on 31-5-2019 by 4891morfih because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on May, 31 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I don't think that the word "tariff" means what you think it means...

And you show a really bad understanding of global economics.

Hint... America is a rather large consumer market.

They need us more than we need them.

+10 more 
posted on May, 31 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Economic fascism is a made up phrase. You don't even know how to criticize his policies

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Yea and?

What's your point? Are you insinuating you want a company like Apple to build the iPhone from start to finish entirely in the US?

If Apple cuts tie with China because of massive tariffs, they can easily just start business in say India, will Trump tariff them as well? I don't even know what the end game goal of all this tariff war is about, a company can do business where ever they want on this planet outside the US you know.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

I don't think that the word "tariff" means what you think it means...

And you show a really bad understanding of global economics.

Hint... America is a rather large consumer market.

They need us more than we need them.

No, he's correct in that the American companies manufacturing in China & importing to the US have moving shop, as it were, up their sleeves. It would take time to expand somewhere else/built somewhere else and transfer there, yes, but I could see some country like, oh, commie Vietnam becoming Commie Chinese Sweatshop 2.0 because of this crap fairly easily.

You're also neglecting to remember they're a big market for American agriculture -- and they CAN do without us selling to them, other countries have already stepped in to take our place. It's beating US farmers into the ground right now, and they're not doing well. That's the kind of Achilles' Heel that can topple the giant -- weaken the very people that feed the seller country in the first place. Nothing wrecks a country faster than agricultural dings. Ask Zimbabwe how it went for them.
edit on 5/31/2019 by Nyiah because: typo

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: 4891morfih

Yes I agree.
For them being this sort of neo - communist nation they rely on cheap labor, without it, they would probably just fall apart.
Giving the working class a livable wage is the idea of what communism is supposed to achieve, yet the standard of living in China is rather low. China needs to be a dominant force in order to sustain their unsustainable economy. They will fight to the bitter end. But at the end of the day cheap labor will always be found somewhere else.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Trump thinks he can bully these countries but China may retaliate against individual companies.

What's China going to do steal their tech. Oh wait, they did that already.

+3 more 
posted on May, 31 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   

a reply to: Lumenari

Yea and?

What's your point? Are you insinuating you want a company like Apple to build the iPhone from start to finish entirely in the US?

If Apple cuts tie with China because of massive tariffs, they can easily just start business in say India, will Trump tariff them as well? I don't even know what the end game goal of all this tariff war is about, a company can do business where ever they want on this planet outside the US you know.

~sigh~

So you really do have no clue what a tariff is or how it can be used economically in a global market.

If Apple cuts ties with China and puts everything in India, who do you think that will hurt economically?

I'll just give you the answer... CHINA.

The end goal of this tariff war is to have reciprocal trade with China.

Not pay money to them so that they can grow their own economy.

When they start hurting economically enough, we can reach a fair trade deal with them.

Because at the end of the day, we are holding all the cards.

Why do you continue to post opinions about things you have no understanding of?

/facepalm

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join