It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Free Bird

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Knebworth England , Lynyrd Skynyrd play 13 minutes of awesome.

I know you've seen it but sometimes you need reminding.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

linky no worky.

Here's another.

Thanks for the reminder

edit on 31-5-2019 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

FREEEEEEEEBIIRRRRRRRRDD! damn saw them live once and still brought it big time. CLASSIC

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Ah, Good old song! I remember it well.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   
No, I haven't seen this one---thank you, Mighty G.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I've always had a love hate relationship with this song. It's a great song, but so overplayed it becomes obnoxious. Rob Zombie playing it 5 times in every movie he's done hasn't helped the latter.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Ah yes..

PLAY FREEBIRD was what people always yelled when we played at party's in the 80's

I miss the 80's.....alot..

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
I've always had a love hate relationship with this song. It's a great song, but so overplayed it becomes obnoxious. Rob Zombie playing it 5 times in every movie he's done hasn't helped the latter.

True to an extent but its held up well and is held in high regard here in the south. Great driving song It feels like you can drive 100 miles when they start jamming.

Lord help me I can't chaannnnge !!

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Guitar section of that song is out of this world.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Lynyrd Skynyrd,Fleetwood Mac,Led Zepp,the Eagles.

These bands are what have kept me breathing through the best and worst times of my sometimes miserable existence.

The so called "music" of today falls far behind these legends.
Modern Musicians-You are doing it wrong.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse

These bands are what have kept me breathing through the best and worst times of my sometimes miserable existence.

Agree.

I went to see Mark Knoffler in concert recently. He has with him on tour 8 or 9 utterly amazing musicians and the show they put on demostrates more talent and more feeling in the music than any of the modern music, which seems all too manufactured and canned.

Seeing this performance made me check to see if Lynyrd Skynyrd are still performing. They are. Touring the UK this year and they in Birmingham in June. Thier last show ever in Europe. Wow. I think there is only 1 of the originals left, Gary Rossington the guitarist..
I've just booked. Now can't wait!
edit on 1/6/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth
I love Dire Straights too Bro.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Yep - fantastic. The show this week included a number of Dire Straits songs.. including the first encore of Money for Nothing.. with the intro guitar blaring out to start from a pitch black stage. Epic.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Just got home from seeing Lrynrd Skyrnd in concert.
They were so good I am still buzzing.
Freebird was the encore - Gary Rossington has still got it. He played the sh*t out of the guitar extranvanganza in that song. Brilliant.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse

Love em all ony ones got to see live were Skynyrd and the Eagles multiple times both rocked it it even in the 2000's. Eagles packed Piedmont Park for a free concert for 150,000 and they jammed in high quality the last I saw them. Loved it cause they got deep into their catalog of songs, some I've never heard live before, Seven bridges road, All night long, In the City.

Dire Straights so under rated.

Maybe a tier below but was stil bringing it in the 2000's was the Steve Miller Band even if he had vocal help dude could still strum a mean guitar.

new topics

top topics

join