It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10th Annual International Cyber Security Summit Keynote Speaker... Hillary Clinton?!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on May, 31 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   
townhall.com...

FireEye, Inc. is hosting its 10th annual Cyber Defense summit, intended to "bring together many of the world's leading security experts, frontline heroes, government leaders, and executives from various industries to address the challenges of today’s threat landscape," the intelligence-led security company explains on its website.

They thought former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton would fit the bill, so they invited her to give one of the keynote speeches.

Worse, she accepted.

My God, what the hell are they thinking? This would be like inviting Bernie Madoff to keynote an investment securities symposium, or inviting Dick Cheney to keynote a firearm safety seminar, or asking Gordan Ramsay to MC the annual fast food chain jamboree and eat-off. This one goes beyond politics, way, way beyond politics... I don't care about her politics, the election, or her personality here, you can set all of those personal beefs aside and just based off of the fact that her setup of an illegal, uncontrolled, private email server lead to a sizeable portion of the last 3 years' worth of "Russian collusion" and "Russian Election Meddling" SNAFUs and easily ask "Why? Was this really the most appropriate individual they could ink for this event which essentially serves to point at every cyber security tied decision the woman made and say 'Ack! What not to do, what not to do!'?"

The jokes write themselves here. I wish to God this was going to be an open mic audience she was speaking to. Maybe one of them could ask her "Should we be using symmetric key or block encryption for securing data?" and she'll break out the old "what difference does it make!?!?"

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   
It must be like inviting Joie Chitwood to address an annual convention of auto insurance companies..... don't do what this guy does....
Joie Chitwood
Sorry, if you are epileptic, you may not want to see this video... it is enough to trigger a seizure.
edit on b000000312019-05-31T15:13:23-05:0003America/ChicagoFri, 31 May 2019 15:13:23 -0500300000019 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Right...state of the art security techniques like rags, bleachbit and hammers....

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   
So what is a "security summit" exactly? Is this where hackers from around the world come to show off their techniques? That's where Hillery belongs - in the company of other accomplished criminals.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I can imagine a Q and A session. Madam speaker, how do you permanently erase your hard drive? Hillary, with a hammer!

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   
If there is one person who needed better computer security, it was Hillary Clinton. I bet all those people will be making jokes about her in the Bars after she makes the speech.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
townhall.com...

FireEye, Inc. is hosting its 10th annual Cyber Defense summit, intended to "bring together many of the world's leading security experts, frontline heroes, government leaders, and executives from various industries to address the challenges of today’s threat landscape," the intelligence-led security company explains on its website.

They thought former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton would fit the bill, so they invited her to give one of the keynote speeches.

Worse, she accepted.

My God, what the hell are they thinking? This would be like inviting Bernie Madoff to keynote an investment securities symposium, or inviting Dick Cheney to keynote a firearm safety seminar, or asking Gordan Ramsay to MC the annual fast food chain jamboree and eat-off. This one goes beyond politics, way, way beyond politics... I don't care about her politics, the election, or her personality here, you can set all of those personal beefs aside and just based off of the fact that her setup of an illegal, uncontrolled, private email server lead to a sizeable portion of the last 3 years' worth of "Russian collusion" and "Russian Election Meddling" SNAFUs and easily ask "Why? Was this really the most appropriate individual they could ink for this event which essentially serves to point at every cyber security tied decision the woman made and say 'Ack! What not to do, what not to do!'?"

The jokes write themselves here. I wish to God this was going to be an open mic audience she was speaking to. Maybe one of them could ask her "Should we be using symmetric key or block encryption for securing data?" and she'll break out the old "what difference does it make!?!?"

the syllabus has been handed out, and section 2 which will begin just after lunch deals with how to wipe your hard drives, with a cloth, and what status level you have to be at to disregard national security. It should be a riveting time indeed.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
So what is a "security summit" exactly? Is this where hackers from around the world come to show off their techniques? That's where Hillery belongs - in the company of other accomplished criminals.

Actually, she belongs in a cage

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Ted Bundy just got invited to the annual Women's Rights Group as keynote.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   

edit on 31-5-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: network dude has no beer because Heels took it

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   
More proof of how dumbed-down much of the country has become.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Hyperbolic oxymoron. but hay, she can convince almost half the population.....fact...

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   

townhall.com...

Worse, she accepted.

At least we now have a reasonable idea as to why there are so many data breaches, the people who run security are ef'ing idiots.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I wonder when Mike Pence will deliver his speech to GLAAD?

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Right after my speech at SlimFast and Jenny Craig.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

bravo

very well played

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

It's not often the word "irony" can be correctly applied to something. This is one of those occasions.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   

There's a convention for plastic wrap?

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Maybe she can explain how to wipe a server with a cloth.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join