It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico comes to the table

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: JAY1980

That's just a a remarkably uniformed comment. US Auto makers lost $18 Billion in value today because of this. Most all US car makers source parts in Mexico, and many cars sold in the US are built in Mexico. And the parts supply situation is using that "just in time" sourcing so the US plants will run out of parts in 3 days when the trucks get stacked up at the border because of the tarriff's. Car and Truck prices will necessarily increase and as the situation worsens, US production plants will close.

This is nothing short of a disaster.

Welp my hometown used to be HUGE parts maker of auto, machine tool, optical and photographic gear - where were you when 200,000+ good paying jobs were exported for corporate profit enhancement and feeding wall street cronies at the expense of average American worker.

Supporting the current situation via hand wringing is remarkably uninformed.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
This wouldn't be an issue at all if Democrats thought better of people, instead of thinking they are only good enough to pick crops and other menial labor type jobs. Either way, they gotta come in the way everyone else does.

I also love how they say that, thinking everyone is wealthy enough to require a surf class.

"But who will cut your grass? Walk your dog? Clean your house? Maintain your country club? etc"

Umm, I do all of that. Like the vast majority of America.

Dude, we're taking jobs from illegals. *gasp* *surprised pikachu face* (whichever floats your boat)

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

I would be in full support of those jobs coming back, but I doubt they will come back and it would take a couple of years to reopen those old factories. Who knows, maybe it will happen.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Good find, S+F.

This is exactly what Trump wanted, however due to the Mexican Presidents response, he's jist bitter because we are now forcing the issue and NOT sitting idly by any longer.

Where were these people when Trump was campaigning? Did they think the old guard would sway Trump? The deep state convince otherwise? No, Trump is his own power to himself, a self perpetuation of energies designed to operate independently from outside influences.

I'm not sure what America is suppose to do if not to get more aggressive on this with Mexico. Its not like we been trying to work with them for decades as friends, but it seems they have not cared at all. Your my neighbor lets say and you keep dumping your trash on my land and though I ask you to stop for a very long time you don't and even dump more. Then you get upset when I call the cops ....lol

That is Mexico's logic in all this...
edit on 1-6-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
There has to be some benefit flowing back to the Mexican government for them to be so obviously against stopping illegal immigration.

They don’t stop it because (1) remittances from the USA — at least $30 billion a year — are Mexico’s largest source of foreign earnings, and (2) Mexico can’t create enough good jobs for its people, who are very young on average due to their ridiculous birth rate.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: JAY1980

That's just a a remarkably uniformed comment. US Auto makers lost $18 Billion in value today because of this. Most all US car makers source parts in Mexico, and many cars sold in the US are built in Mexico. And the parts supply situation is using that "just in time" sourcing so the US plants will run out of parts in 3 days when the trucks get stacked up at the border because of the tarriff's. Car and Truck prices will necessarily increase and as the situation worsens, US production plants will close.

This is nothing short of a disaster.

Mexico needs us far more than we need them. They’re dependent on us in so very many ways, e.g., remittances are their largest source of foreign income. We employ millions of their citizens. The cartels make billions smuggling drugs and people into our country. Do you imagine some of that blood money doesn’t grease the palms of Mexican officials and the entrenched ruling class? They don’t want to endanger that by provoking Trump too much. There will be some pain for us and a whole lot more for Mexico. We need to let them know they cannot treat us like s**t anymore.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Just thought I would quote the article shared for all those who were too busy singing The Star Spangled Banner to realize that, as usual, your gun is pointed at your own feet.

The US Chamber of Commerce, which represents three million businesses in the US, condemned Mr Trump's plan. Chief policy officer Neil Bradley said the tariffs would "be paid by American families and businesses without doing a thing to solve the very real problems at the border".

Source: www.bbc.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Weren't they just at the table over NAFTA?

Your country has been encouraging and aiding illegal immigration into the United States for decades. Your BS stops now.

Why do americans say dumb stuff like this?

If the US gov can't stop illegals from entering the US how can you blame the Mexican gov for not being able to do the same thing?

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

They literally help their citizens enter illegally. They provide them with resources, money, logistical support and even advise on the most effective ways to enter. That's just the Mexican government.

Do some damned research on this topic before you run your dumb little fingers across the keyboard calling others dumb.
edit on 1 6 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   

No, they provide safety tips because they know people are going to try anyway. Private orgs do offer the material help you speak of but that isn't the gov.

I'm Guatemalan, I have seen the material Americans try to spin as "guides". Ours tell us "don't take the chance, but if you decide to try, take in mind...".

And that is the most important part, governments can't force people to stay.
edit on 1-6-2019 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   

The REAL Threat to America is Health Related .Epidemics could Break Out at Any time on the Progressive Liberal Scumbag Left Coast ........

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Wrong.

You really need to research this before coming at me.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   

If the US gov can't stop illegals from entering the US how can you blame the Mexican gov for not being able to do the same thing?

A more valid point then many will admit.

In America, the blame for failure is nearly always on some one else.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Wrong, I know all about it but I don't have the "patriot" glasses you are looking through.

At the end of the day, free people in free societies, like many in latin america, are free to leave and take their chance. It isn't the governments of their respective countries or even the mexican government that drives them.

Did your folks ask permission when they left their island?

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

True, but my point is bigger than just pointing the finger back at the US. I'm saying that illegal immigration is something no government can deter from the source or destination.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Most of the illegals come from Central and South America. Mexico allows them passage through their country (which they could far more easily stop at THEIR southern border), they provide tips on how and share to infiltrate the border, they ignore the rampant child trafficking, drug trafficking, rape, and murder along the trail they allow to exist.

Mexico is very much responsible for much of the problem.

It isn't the governments of their respective countries or even the mexican government that drives them.

I would look into the caravans, their origins, and who was backing them before you say anything more about this particular point.

Did your folks ask permission when they left their island?

No. But they did ask permission before entering other nations.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

They literally help their citizens enter illegally. They provide them with resources, money, logistical support and even advise on the most effective ways to enter. That's just the Mexican government.

Do some damned research on this topic before you run your dumb little fingers across the keyboard calling others dumb.

Tomorrow Never Dies.......................)

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
(which they could far more easily stop at THEIR southern border)

If the US can't stop them at the US/Mexican border why would Mexico be able to stop them at their southern border?

I would look into the caravans, their origins, and who was backing them before you say anything more about this particular point.

I know all about the caravans. The people backing them are NGOs in their home countries. That means that they are not being backed by the Mexican government, which was where you were pointing you finger.

ETA: Some say they those groups are US based, Either way what does it have to do with the mexican government?

No. But they did ask permission before entering other nations.

There you go. You can't blame Cuba for their choices so why are you trying to do it with other countries?

edit on 1-6-2019 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   
True however Mexico is making money off the people trying to reach the US. Mexico charges people to cross they have smugglers which make money off them and businesses again which makes money off them.

www.npr.org...

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Within a month of Canadian wood tariffs logging here went from zero to a hundred and has remained so. Old hands say they've never seen it so crazy - jobs came back!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join