It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico comes to the table

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Maybe you're right there is more to the plan.

it is trump so 5% and exclusive book rights for the family biography?

What is that? Ham sold as bacon covered in maple syrup or something?

nope
a fleet of poutine selling footrucks

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

nope a fleet of poutine selling footrucks

Now we're talking. Knowing Austin, TX though it would probably be Poutine-Korean fusion and have kimchi or some other healthy BS on it lol.

I would like to see a well thought out isolationist platform to help us get some things in order. It wouldn't even have to be permanent, many countries (including ours) have cycled in and out of it to remedy problems and mitigate turbulence.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I would like to see a well thought out isolationist platform to help us get some things in order.

It occurs to me that many of those ideas were presented during the 2016 campaign by the winning candidate.
So at least half the country wants those ideas followed through on.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I have said for some time that the corporate tax rate should be tied to the number/percentage of both US jobs and well-paid jobs that the corporation produces. If a corporation wants to use foreign employees and plants, and pay what workers there are in the US low wages, then screw 'em... tax like there's no tomorrow. If that same corporation is creating well-paid jobs for Americans instead of foreigners, then easy on the tax... heck, I would like to see no corporate tax as a final goal for them.

A corporation's primary goal is profit. No one can change that. The government's primary goal should be a smooth, healthy economy. My idea accommodates both goals.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: JAY1980

That's just a a remarkably uniformed comment. US Auto makers lost $18 Billion in value today because of this. Most all US car makers source parts in Mexico, and many cars sold in the US are built in Mexico. And the parts supply situation is using that "just in time" sourcing so the US plants will run out of parts in 3 days when the trucks get stacked up at the border because of the tarriff's. Car and Truck prices will necessarily increase and as the situation worsens, US production plants will close.

This is nothing short of a disaster.

US plants will not close it will be the mexican ones because eventually it will cost too much to import and people will stop buying them.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Everify with A or B & C identification is incredibly hard to get through. Almost anything isn't bulletproof, but if the procedures were put in place, it could reduce dramatically the amount of illegals that can work.

Except that mandatory e-verify is blatantly unconstitutional.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

howso?
how is it different than a background check for a job?
or is that unconstitutional as well?

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Everify with A or B & C identification is incredibly hard to get through. Almost anything isn't bulletproof, but if the procedures were put in place, it could reduce dramatically the amount of illegals that can work.

Except that mandatory e-verify is blatantly unconstitutional.

So is asking for identification to rent a house, buy beer, get a bank account unconstitutional?

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: willzilla

You guys do realize more Americans are moving to Mexico than Mexicans moving to America right?
beta-washingtonpost-com.cdn.ampproject.org... -its-americans-heading-south/2019/05/18/7988421e-6c28-11e9-bbe7-1c798fb80536_story.html?amp_js_v=a2&_gsa=1&outputType=amp&usqp=mq331AQA#referrer=ht tps%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&_tf=From%20%251%24s&share=https%3A%2F%2Fbeta.washingtonpost.com%2Fworld%2Fthe_americas%2Fthe-little-noticed-surge-acr oss-the-us-mexico-border-its-americans-heading-south%2F2019%2F05%2F18%2F7988421e-6c28-11e9-bbe7-1c798fb80536_story.html%3FoutputType%3Damp%23referrer% 3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fwww.google.com%26amp_tf%3DFrom%2520%25251%2524s
amp-businessinsider-com.cdn.ampproject.org... usqp=mq331AQA#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&_tf=From%20%251%24s

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut
You do know that when a border jumper from anywhere except mexico/canada says the magic words "political asylum" he has to be processed and let in ?

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Lumenari

You are exactly right.
Japan is investing lots of money in America.
Might as well be, it's just as expensive there too. When I was in Misawa AFB, we went out to a few local places and man, that exchange rate.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   
This wouldn't be an issue at all if Democrats thought better of people, instead of thinking they are only good enough to pick crops and other menial labor type jobs. Either way, they gotta come in the way everyone else does.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
This wouldn't be an issue at all if Democrats thought better of people, instead of thinking they are only good enough to pick crops and other menial labor type jobs. Either way, they gotta come in the way everyone else does.

I also love how they say that, thinking everyone is wealthy enough to require a surf class.

"But who will cut your grass? Walk your dog? Clean your house? Maintain your country club? etc"

Umm, I do all of that. Like the vast majority of America.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

I also love how they say that, thinking everyone is wealthy enough to require a surf class.

"But who will cut your grass? Walk your dog? Clean your house? Maintain your country club? etc"

Umm, I do all of that. Like the vast majority of America.

Amen to that. I minimalize my possessions in order to keep them well kept. Maybe I'm just not "Hollywood" enough.

I'm not a gambling man, but I say let it ride. Let's see where these trade deals take us. Hell, the same people protesting the WTO and the like in the late 90's and early 00's are the same people fighting so hard to keep em around today.

ETA: I was on the left during those years, and was involved in many protests against the WTO and G8/7, and now when it's really getting done, everyone flips? Because orange man bad?
edit on 31-5-2019 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Why when it comes to central Americans you must say their first middle, third and last name?

When they write an article about anyone American they dont include their middle name and 3 names after?

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 04:36 AM
link   
If I were trump I would put a tax on all money sent of the country to Mexico and central America .

Not like immigrants of the past....today's immigrants send more cash directly out of the country then any group in history

They are not funneling their money back into the country, a majority goes to invest in their countries.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16
a reply to: TonyS

Back in the 80s there was an uproar to "Spend your money where you earn it"
go to Japan, people there buy goods made in Japan, the only American vehicles there have consular plates

They don't buy many of our cars because even our small Ford focus is bigger than most of them are looking for. Space is a premium there. Turns are a little tighter in places and roads a little narrower then parking can be hell at times. The other big reason they don't buy American cars is that most think they are crap. The older folks there remember back when Ford, Chrysler, and GM were king in the US then started making absolute crap that was shipped there. US cars took a dive in reliability and quality something they are still trying to catch up on. BMW and Mercedes is still highly sought after in Japan so it isn't them being patriots to buy at home.

That isn't all. Buying a car in Japan is far different than here. We generally find what we like on the lot. There they order cars custom to how they want and get it in a week or two.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Hayseus built my hotrod.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: projectvxn

Here is a different version.

Mexico's president has insisted his government will not be provoked, after President Donald Trump announced escalating tariffs on all goods unless Mexico curbed illegal migration. Andrés Manuel López Obrador described Mr Trump's slogan "America First" as a fallacy and said universal justice was more important than borders

His government won’t be provoked? Mexico is one of the worst neighbors in the world. Its government blatantly assists its citizens and Central Americans to violate our sovereignty and laws. It has done this for many decades. And yet Mexico pitches a fit at the slightest perceived affront to its sovereignty and dignity by the United States.

Mexican cartels are reportedly responsible for 90 percent of narcotics entering this country: coc aine, methamphetamines, heroin and fentanyl. Something like 70,000 Americans are dying from drug overdoses yearly — more than died during the entire Vietnam War. Our losses to Muslim terrorists are nothing in comparison.

A study should be done on how many U.S. citizens have been murdered, raped, beaten, robbed or burglarized by Illegals from Mexico. How many have been killed or injured by drunk-driving Mexicans? How many Mexicans are currently in our jails and prisons?

How many Mexican citizens are in our public schools? It costs a national average of more than $10,000 to educate one child per year in a public school. And it costs much more for bilingual education. I wonder if Mexico would provide bilingual education for hundreds of thousands of American children living illegally in Mexico?

And of course their brats become U.S. citizens if they’re born one microsecond after stepping foot on our soil. That precious new citizen is entitled to every benefit we can provide, and we end up subsidizing Mexicans to have children at our expense. How many expensive child deliveries have been performed at no cost to Mexicans?

Millions of Mexicans are employed here instead of Americans. I don’t care if they’re crappy jobs; if companies need employees they’ll pay whatever they must to get them or they’ll automate. Our poorest, least skilled citizens would be in better bargaining positions. African Americans, Hispanic Americans, ex-felons, teenagers and retired Americans would be in demand for a change.

If we have to pay more for goods and services, so be it. I’d rather employ Americans and pay higher prices than subsidize unemployed Americans. I would like to see a permanent labor shortage in this country, forcing employers to compete for scarce workers.
edit on 1-6-2019 by Scapegrace because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-6-2019 by Scapegrace because: Typo

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join