It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fricken Trudeau

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

You sourced a liberal fearmongering opinion piece by Planned Parenthood. Exactly what I said you are doing.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Bluntone22

In reality abortion isn't anyone's business... except the womans.

And the Second Amendment isn't anyone's business... except gun owners.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Do those methods prevent pre fertilization?
Or only post?

They MAY do it. Lots of things can do it. Many drugs will kill a fertilized egg. The idea all of these will be illegal is liberal fearmongering. They do not want an honest debate, so they make outrageous claims.

The biggest problem with the abortion debate is the complete inability by both sides to compromise.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rewey

originally posted by: Sillyolme

In reality abortion isn't anyone's business... except the womans.

And the Second Amendment isn't anyone's business... except gun owners.

I think everyone agrees that the second amendment needs restrictions.
Abortion right needs restrictions as well.

Now get people on board....good luck..lol

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Abortion is killing a human life. There are justifications for ending life, like when they break into my house, or they threaten go kill my wife by being born.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Trudeau should lay off watching the Handmaids Tale and actually start governing. When is your next election ?

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

A fringe anti-abortion group, Personhood USA, has been startlingly successful at pushing forward legislation across the country that would redefine life as beginning at the moment of fertilization, effectively outlawing contraceptives like birth control pills. Although the medical community has long been in agreement that fertilization does not mark the beginning of a pregnancy — fertilized eggs must first be implanted, and only about half of fertilized eggs actually result in a pregnancy — a growing number of lawmakers are supporting Personhood USA’s efforts to buck medical expertise and legally define life as the moment a sperm meets an egg.

If they succeed in passing such a law — and if such a law survives judicial scrutiny — it could turn common forms of birth control into the legal equivalent of a homicide. While “personhood” laws have always been a transparent attempt to outlaw abortion, the legislation supported by groups like Personhood USA goes much further in trying to assert government control over women’s bodies. These laws would recognize every fertilized egg as an individual and complete human being with full rights, and place millions of women in legal jeopardy. According to 2008 numbers, around 11 million American women use birth control pills and another 2 million use intrauterine devices (IUDs).

Contraceptives like the pill and IUDs not only act to prevent fertilization, but, if fertilization does occur, may prevent that fertilized egg from implanting in a woman’s uterus.

thinkprogress.org...

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Abortion rights are restricted.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   

It could this, it may this ... it is all liberal fearmongering. Notice how none of them say it WILL .. because it won't.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Yeah, Planned Parenthood is "ringing the bell". Take notice!

Prove them/me wrong, instead of dismissing information because you don't like the source. And, by the way, lots of Republican women get abortions and use birth control.

edit on 31-5-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Trudeau should lay off watching the Handmaids Tale and actually start governing. When is your next election ?

No clue
I'm not Canadian.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Abortion rights are restricted.

Many think it's not restricted enough.
Same with guns.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   

It's a wild accusation with literally nothing supporting it. This personhood bill will solve world hunger and global climate change. Prove me wrong or it's true.

link   

People think a lot of things. Doesn't mean they should be able to force their opinions on the lives of others.

I thought Republicans were for less regulations and small government.

link   

Your ignorance isn't truth.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

People think a lot of things. Doesn't mean they should be able to force their opinions on the lives of others.

I thought Republicans were for less regulations and small government.

I thought Democrats were supposed to be the smartest and most enlightened and apparently they have trouble with the concept of contraception.

And dont they want the government to take care of everyone?
Not a fetus I guess...

See?
No compromises...

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I thought Democrats were supposed to be the smartest and most enlightened and apparently they have trouble with the concept of contraception.

Nobody is claiming that. But, Republican do claim to be the party of small government and less regulation.

It's not the left that doesn't understand contraception. That's the pro-life right. It's not Democrats that are pushing for personhood for the unborn, it's the religious right.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme
Thats not entirely true there are people that are 'highly' encouraged by their mates because it's such an easy option, they can't even argue health reasons, it's just removing a mole right?

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Actually that description is more libertarian.

I'm an atheist myself and I think aborting a healthy 5 month old fetus is murder.

And I think it's a broad stroke to think that there are not loads of religious Democrats that are anti abortion.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Viability, not age is criteria for legal, on demand abortion. Obviously, that's a problem for you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join