It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Black Cat Sighting On LA/TX Line--Sabine River NW LA 1990

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I think they call the one on the lower Sabine River the "Sabine Thing." I`ve seen a lot of interviews with credible witnesses on TV and on YouTube. They say it has only three toes and is vicious! Lots of stories around Logansport in NW Louisiana in DeSoto Parish about how aggressive they are. There were newspaper reports in the local paper of deer hunters being chased out of the woods after killing a deer. A cop said one knocked him to the ground while he was looking at some land for a shooting range in the river bottom. Another hunter saw one bash a big hog against a tree. There`s been lots of sightings in Sabine Parish below DeSoto Parish too. Bigfoot hunters have gone there hunting it.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Every dang pond around here has a gator in it hiding somewhere. I was bream fishing in a neighbor`s pond and thought I saw a gator watching me in some moss and weeds. It went under and never came up so I figured I`d seen a turtle. The next day I saw its beady eyes peekng at me from the shadows under a boat dock. I told my friend and he laughed and said I was crazy. The pond was in his back yard. I got my binoculars out of the truck and looked around the corner at the front of the house and spotted it halfway out of the water on the bank. I ran to get him and he looked through the binoculars and saw it. They`re sneaky! It was a small one only about 5 feet long. Nobody knows how it got there but a big one was seen in a pond about a mile from there a few years earlier. Another larger one was seen in a gravel pit pond in that area and a guy claimed he saw one in my uncle`s pond in the same neighborhood.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   
They are not an unusual sight in Brazoria County.
We have a football team named after them.
"Panthers" has a better ring than "melanistic pumas."

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Homefree

People have pictures and video of these things but the "experts" always say they`re house cats. LOL!

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Kirk777

As I recall they seemed to be shorter and stockier than a normal panther but were still quite large. Friends that still live in that area have said they still hear their screams occasionally or find prints but haven't laid eyes on one in years. I'm not too far from there right now (maybe 80 miles away) but I will be there later this week so I will ask around while I'm there.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join