It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Were Born Female, Give Up Sports

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Oh come now. In these days of companies like Gillette advertising their razors by not advertising razors, but advertising how woke they are, it's easy to see how male competitors who can't hack it at one level "transition" to not only experience success (you don't understand the competitive mindset otherwise; these are people willing to dope to win even knowing what that does to you - why dope when you can just wear a dress), but now someone might give them a sweet endorsement deal for their "bravery" in being a transgender athlete.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Exactly right. Probably some archery and marksmanship as well..

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I had a wrestling scholarship to Penn state, won state hs tournaments 2 years...went on yo be a us alternate team member for USA judo...

I never thought about taking steroids or chopping my .... after I lost...

So i understand plenty. Cheaters exist. But don't pretend because a trans female wants to compete the cause was loosing as a man.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Refer my previous post.
Then apply your first statement of your last post to me of no substance to yourself.
You talk about sensible debate - refer your descriptions of my opinions.
Hypocrisy is your strength, if only there was a sport for that, now thats a sport where gender wouldn't matter.

Your accusations of my assumptions are well - unwarranted i haven't assumed anything.
Then refer your last line in your last post to me and apply to yourself.
edit on 31-5-2019 by CthruU because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

Ok bud. Keep making fun of transgender people..its a good way to change debate.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Ok bud. Keep making fun of transgender people..its a good way to change debate.

Once again wheres the fun ?

Show me where ive made fun of them?

Its not my fault your over sensitive on this issue.

But keep calling your fellow posters with a different view crazy etc. Shows everyone your true colors.

Long live equality and fairness even in sport.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

No wonder the world is in the state its in.

Ignorance you reckon- so be it.

Trannys should form their own leagues in sport. Simple.

If im crazy for that then bring it on.

You are crazy for not having a real argument.

I have brought all that up. I have said it's unfair. As a former NCAA athlete myself I would be frustrated.

But its sports. A freaking game. The vehemence you are showing is for people's lives in general.

The crazy part is making fun of transgender people (which is looking more and more like in utero pharmaceutical and food and water contamination from the mother) and assuming that they are doing this to win sports.

It's unfair, they should have their own league or submit to rigorous testing of hormones, bone density, muscle fiber etc on their dime and compete only at the same levels as women if at all.

Notice I didn't have to make fun of anyone to say that. It probably would be easier to debate for change that way.

But it's not "just a game" when it comes to full-ride athletic scholarships, is it?

Also, while some may be assuming they're doing this to win sports, aren't you are making the reverse assumption? That none of them are doing it to win at sports or obtain scholarships? I think it is particularly questionnable given they don't have to do anything more than declare they're a woman. No surgery, not sure if even blocking hormones are even necessary. (Heard secondhand from someone listening to NPR today that the NCAA has changed its stance on that; haven't verified firsthand.)

If predators are doing it to gain access to women in prison, we can pretty sure that at least a few XY's will grow out their hair to declare themselves women and take those medals, let alone scholarships.

BTW, congrats on your achievements in judo. I did jujitsu until I dropped a 200-lb guy on my calf in ippon otoshi.
edit on 31-5-2019 by drussell41 because: zzz

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Calling them trannies. Making fun of their mental health.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: drussell41

Cool I had a scholarship. I get it. You don't only get scholarships for being number 1 first off.

Second i am opposed to trans females competing against biological females.

Just fyi biological females cheat as well as do men. They also both rape, steal and commit violence.

Being trans doesn't make one more likely.

They have found a link to fertility drugs and hormone use like birth control messing up gender identity in utero. People seem to think because far left folks are nuts trans people are full of crap. I had a friend on base who is a church going Republican. Who has a trans child. Wife was on fertility drugs,..thankfully they were able to come to terms with their reality and not blame crazy libs
edit on 31-5-2019 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Calling them trannies. Making fun of their mental health.

Well thats a stretch.
Does the same apply when you label me crazy. Oh oh theres that hypocrisy again.

There not the same end of story. Refer drussell41's post @ 0725 or is that crazy also.
edit on 31-5-2019 by CthruU because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Oh come now. In these days of companies like Gillette advertising their razors by not advertising razors, but advertising how woke they are, it's easy to see how male competitors who can't hack it at one level "transition" to not only experience success (you don't understand the competitive mindset otherwise; these are people willing to dope to win even knowing what that does to you - why dope when you can just wear a dress), but now someone might give them a sweet endorsement deal for their "bravery" in being a transgender athlete.

I see gillette has a transgender commercial now.
They are pandering to 0.6%...

I just want to shave. I dont need a fricken lecture from a razor company.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I do not think Transgender people should be allowed to participate in sports like is being done. On top of a guy having built more muscle as a guy, there is the issue that most of them are on hormone replacement therapy and taking hormones when in competition is not allowed. Estrogen is a steroid too. They should not be allowed to be competing against those who are not allowed to do steroids, they are breaking the rules and getting away with it.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I do not think Transgender people should be allowed to participate in sports like is being done. On top of a guy having built more muscle as a guy, there is the issue that most of them are on hormone replacement therapy and taking hormones when in competition is not allowed. Estrogen is a steroid too. They should not be allowed to be competing against those who are not allowed to do steroids, they are breaking the rules and getting away with it.

This is exactly right. And you made the argument without denying anyone dignity. This is what I am referring over and over.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Do Hispanic people like being called sp.cs? Do you say it anyway?

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Malisa

Your stance is baffling....it seems like you'd be in favor of men competing against women in all sports. As long as the women work, train, etc. they'll be able to succeed. Fine, let's do that. Then let's see how many women actually make sports teams. I can tell you right now there would be 0 women playing professional baseball, basketball, soccer, hockey, golf, tennis, volleyball, boxing, MMA, lacrosse and more. Archery and curling - - there you go - - women have an equal chance there. Let's create a sports world that shoves all our women into archery and curling - - freaking brilliant.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Let me give some folks an insiders perspective. Going trans to win sports surely will happen with very unstable people willing to go that far. But it's far easier to get around USADA by going to train in russia until you cycle out. I faced many a people who passed the test and had the cardio of lance Armstrong a year later. I assumed they took epo in russia.

It's getting harder but people still do it all the time.

And not just russia Bahamas, south America, Mexico all have trouble "tracking" athletes. Especially if its USADA only who can't exactly enforce the law in another country. They have closedmany loop holes but people are clever.

The latest is travelling and doing clinics and teaching seminars where the athlete is hard to track in another country..even college kids are part of elaborate doping.

So when I am cynical about sports. This is why. We have NFL draft showcases in major state universities. The athletes don't get paid. They learn to cheat etc..

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: acparker7

I agree but...a biological female did just win a state wrestling competition against boys. Some heavy technique based sports may see a few elite females compete at a high level.

www.npr.org...

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   

I get your point and don't disagree but your source says the girls finished 4th and 5th at the competition - - not exactly winning.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: acparker7

4th and 5th in Colorado wrestling is number 1 in about 40 states. That is very high level competition. Colorado has a massive source of training facilities and culture for training camps of many sports. They have a ton of private and state money in the program.

Only some bread basket and south western states even come close to supporting wrestling like that. And cali by default of having money.

But yes she did not come in 1st. She however beat 100's of boys throughout her career with her genetics and technique heavy wrestling. As a coach myself I have watched females at her level wrestle and its beautiful to see them outsmart men who assume they can use brute force against a master of technique.

As technique gets closer however obviously there is a damn waiting break.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: JourneymanWelder

Is this Facebook now where mommywars and welders get together?

Pass..

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join