It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Announces Tariffs on Mexico

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

You would be surprised about how much the world knows about America - given the many decades of American news and other media being pumped to our TV's and cable channels.

If you've never left America your entire life, or haven't really traveled internationally extensively then you would be understandably ignorant of this fact.

Correct, the media oligarchs do a great job of keeping the international community abreast of all their choice propaganda. You are a shining example of their hard work.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Yes, I am suggesting that and you've done nothing to disprove that, talk is cheap.

You must have missed this post just several posts above yours. Here it is again in case you are having difficulty locating it:

You would be surprised about how much the world knows about America - given the many decades of American news and other media being pumped to our TV's and cable channels.

If you've never left America your entire life, or haven't really traveled internationally extensively then you would be understandably ignorant of this fact.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

Oh... so you think the Comedic Nitwit Network represents America? Wow... no wonder you're so confused. Maybe you should lie down a bit.

Ah, so I should just sit down and shut up, then? Gee, and to think that a few posts back you were accusing me of saying that...

No thanks. I don't tend to take well to hypocrites or their suggestions. Personal quirk. Perhaps I should have put that on CNN?

TheRedneck

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Correct, the media oligarchs do a great job of keeping the international community abreast of all their choice propaganda. You are a shining example of their hard work.

Ahh yes - it's "fake news" because you say so.

Great argument there mate. Real top notch intellect.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Oh... so you think the Comedic Nitwit Network represents America? Wow... no wonder you're so confused. Maybe you should lie down a bit.

What makes you think CNN is the only American news pumped to the world?

You do know Rupert Murdoch is Aussie right?

Ah, so I should just sit down and shut up, then? Gee, and to think that a few posts back you were accusing me of saying that...

Actually I was rebutting your suggestion that I should "sit down and shut up" because I'm not American and therefore do not know as much about America as the average American. Go read the conversation again if you are unsure.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   

What makes you think CNN is the only American news pumped to the world?

Because they tend to get parroted by the rest of the world. Like you're doing here.

Actually I was rebutting your suggestion that I should "sit down and shut up" because I'm not American and therefore do not know as much about America as the average American.

I hate to break your bubble, but you don't know as much about America as an American. That's kind of how it works. You can watch CNN all day long, repeat their talking points all day long, and claim knowledge all day long, but until you have lived here... nope, you don't know as much about us as we do.

I have no problem saying I don't know as much about Australia as you do. I don't live there (and based on the same news sources you sue to read about America, I doubt I would want to).

TheRedneck

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Because they tend to get parroted by the rest of the world. Like you're doing here.

Please quote where I have "parrotted CNN". Thanks in advance.

I hate to break your bubble, but you don't know as much about America as an American.

Ummm.....

I'm going to assume you meant to say "as a non-American"

That's kind of how it works. You can watch CNN all day long, repeat their talking points all day long, and claim knowledge all day long, but until you have lived here... nope, you don't know as much about us as we do.

I have no problem saying I don't know as much about Australia as you do. I don't live there (and based on the same news sources you sue to read about America, I doubt I would want to).

Hmm. Yes. I can see you haven't traveled extensively outside America - it shows.

Nice dig at Australia too - you're really showing your true self. You don't like what your hearing so you throw insults at anything you can think of - and attempt to disguise it as "innocent conversation".

As I said before - if you've never left America you would be understandably ignorant about how much the world knows about you. Clearly this is the case with you.

Any other disguised insults you want to throw at me?

edit on 31/5/2019 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

That liberals are trying to force their will on half the country

LOL

Nice try turning the tables there mate. Anyone with two eyes (who is not a Trumpet) can plainly see that it is the Trump supporters "trying to force their will on half the country". Just a quick peek through practically any thread on ATS will provide an excellent example of that.

That’s an insane statement. Republicans have been on the defense nonstop 24/7 since Trump took office. They’ve been to busy defending themselves from idiotic bs from the left, to have time forcing much of anything on anyone. I can think of umpteen million things the Dims have been trying to force on this country, that the majority of us don’t even want. Yet, they keep going and going with one dumbass idea after another pouring out of their arse. It’s the left creating all the division not the right. If you see it the other way around, you have some serious comprehension issues to resolve or you’re on another planet.

edit on 31-5-2019 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-5-2019 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

You've really convinced yourself of that haven't you?

You have clearly developed an enormous persecution complex.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Yes, I am suggesting that and you've done nothing to disprove that, talk is cheap.

You must have missed this post just several posts above yours. Here it is again in case you are having difficulty locating it:

You continue to prove your ignorance in the matter.

I'm here all day and have zero issue calling you out, so far, you're still sitting at ZERO.

Love how you ignored the portion of my post that addresses the topic, not your tantrums.
edit on 31-5-2019 by Arnie123 because: Truth

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   

How so? Please explain in detail as just one sentence doesn't really tell me anything. Thanks in advance.

I'm here all day and have zero issue calling you out, so far, you're still sitting at ZERO.

ZERO what?

I'm not really a fan of sugar-free Coke.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Wow, dude... there's a preview feature, you know! Tags go wonky!

ETA: OK, you fixed it... thank you!

Please quote where I have "parrotted CNN". Thanks in advance.

How about a link instead?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm going to assume to meant to say "as a non-American"

You assume wrong. I said what I meant.

Yes. I can see you haven't traveled extensively outside America

You got one thing right in that post anyway... congratulations?

I'm curious though... I have thought about traveling some, and I have a major concern: exactly how much time outside the US is required for one to become delusional about the US? Wouldn't want to cross that line, you know.

ETA: and added something!

Nice dig at Australia too - you're really showing your true self. You don't like what your hearing so you throw insults at anything you can think of - and attempt to disguise it as "innocent conversation".

No dig intended. I actually planned out a vacation to Australia once, many years ago. I liked the idea of a place where I could walk around for days and not see another human if I wanted to. Then I started reading the laws there... nope, doesn't sound like fun any more. So I didn't go. Now, if you consider that a dig at you, then too bad. I'm not going to pay big bucks to go somewhere and be miserable for a week just to soothe your tender sensibilities. Too bad, so sad.

Now, we can talk about some place like Belize... I would love to hang out in the jungle for a while. Just not Australia. Too many regulations.

TheRedneck

edit on 5/31/2019 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

How so? Please explain in detail as just one sentence doesn't really tell me anything. Thanks in advance.

ZERO what?

I'm not really a fan of sugar-free Coke.
I'm sorry, did you think I was going to wipe you ass for you? You proclaimed you know more American politics than Americans and said we're all ignorant than threw a temper tantrum when we all called you out 😁

That makes you an absolute ZERO, but due to your ignorance in American matters, you wouldn't know 🤭

Try regular Diet Coke, I prefer my cancers nice and slow.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Wow, dude... there's a preview feature, you know! Tags go wonky!

ETA: OK, you fixed it... thank you!

It was fixed before you even replied. Another veiled insult from you though, how nice.

How about a link instead?

Nope. Nothing in my profile that proves your statement. Please try again.

You assume wrong. I said what I meant.

If you say so.

You got one thing right in that post anyway... congratulations?

It goes to proving my point.

I'm curious though... I have thought about traveling some, and I have a major concern: exactly how much time outside the US is required for one to become delusional about the US? Wouldn't want to cross that line, you know.

Most Americans Ive met that live in other countries speak frequently about how much of a bubble they used to live in before getting out into the world. It's a consistent and common theme with American ex-pats it seems.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I'm sorry, did you think I was going to wipe you ass for you? You proclaimed you know more American politics than Americans and said we're all ignorant than threw a temper tantrum when we all called you out 😁

The only voice saying that you "called me out" is the delusional one in your own head. Quite to the contrary, I proved my point and continue to do so.

That makes you an absolute ZERO, but due to your ignorance in American matters, you wouldn't know 🤭

Divide and Conquer. Keep proving my point.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   

The only voice saying that you "called me out" is the delusional one in your own head. Quite to the contrary, I proved my point and continue to do so.

Divide and Conquer. Keep proving my point.
Ha Ha Ha, you still haven't addressed the topic of the thread, you're too busy trying to one up the BIG BAD AMERICANS, now you're just littering off topic post.

You gonna wipe your tears soon and stick back to the topic, of which you know nothing about, or continue to 😭😭😭😭?
edit on 31-5-2019 by Arnie123 because: Truth

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Ha Ha Ha, you still haven't addressed the topic of the thread, you're too busy trying to one up the BIG BAD AMERICANS, now you're just littering off topic post.

You gonna wipe your tears soon and stick back to the topic, of which you know nothing about, or continue to 😭😭😭😭?

Please refer to my very first post in this thread dealing with the topic. It was OTHERS (hint: like yourself) that then went and got personal.

Now please go laugh at your own stupidity.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   

It was fixed before you even replied. Another veiled insult from you though, how nice.

Actually, it was fixed while I was replying... and I edited my reply to reflect that. No insult intended, although I'm starting to think that it is impossible to not insult you. Would saying "G'day mate!" offend you?

Nothing in my profile that proves your statement.

Everything in your posting history proves my point. You parrot CNN consistently, on every issue.

Most Americans Ive met that live in other countries speak frequently about how much of a bubble they used to live in before getting out into the world. It's a consistent and common theme with American ex-pats it seems.

We do live in a bubble... we get very little actual news from outside the US that is not spun. That's why I like talking to tourists around here. University life afforded me a great opportunity to do just that, as many of my fellow students were from other countries.

But that bubble does not isolate us from what we directly experience. The one thing about your statement that I can agree with is that I do not know what information is being disseminated about us outside our borders. I can only assume it is pretty skewed based on what I have learned from posters like you and the few foreigners I have had the pleasure of speaking with.

Now, can I get an answer to my question? If I spend a week in, say, the Caymans, would I come back home completely delusional? Or does it take longer than that?

TheRedneck

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Please refer to my very first post in this thread dealing with the topic. It was OTHERS (hint: like yourself) that then went and got personal.

Now please go laugh at your own stupidity.
Naw you got that covered, I've been laughing this whole time at your expense.

Interesting, you keep referring to the same intial post, but cognitive dissonance aside, you seem to forget that was the only thing relevant and all it did was call Americans ignorant because you suppposedly knew better, which is false and you know better 😊

So, rather instead of bowing out from your stupidity, you dig in, like China, pride wounded, defiant, lmfao, it all comes full circle 😜

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Everything in your posting history proves my point. You parrot CNN consistently, on every issue.

I asked for specific examples. That shouldn't be too hard, given you've apparently extensively perused my profile, read every single thread and have come to the conclusion that I "parrot CNN" all the time. So please, detailed examples........thanks in advance.

We do live in a bubble... we get very little actual news from outside the US that is not spun. That's why I like talking to tourists around here. University life afforded me a great opportunity to do just that, as many of my fellow students were from other countries.

But that bubble does not isolate us from what we directly experience. The one thing about your statement that I can agree with is that I do not know what information is being disseminated about us outside our borders. I can only assume it is pretty skewed based on what I have learned from posters like you and the few foreigners I have had the pleasure of speaking with.

You have made an incorrect assumption.

I did ask before, but I'll ask again - you do know Rupert Murdoch is Aussie don't you? We get a pretty even mix of news from both ends of the spectrum and the middle. But you wouldn't know this, as you admittedly haven't travelled.

Now, can I get an answer to my question? If I spend a week in, say, the Caymans, would I come back home completely delusional? Or does it take longer than that?

I would have answered the question if it were a serious one. No point answering a ridiculous question like that.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join