It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Announces Tariffs on Mexico

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Mmm, no, the consumer will pay.
On the brightside, maybe American farmers can kick it up, not sure who is going to pick/harvest the crops though..the irony!!

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Sounds like a great plan. Mexico CAN do something about this. Maybe now they will!

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

This illegal invasion has gone far beyond fruit pickers and is costing America well over 100 billion per year. Our citizens need help. These are invaders waving foreign flags and taking advantage of our nation. Over half the construction workers in Texas are illegal aliens. They work for next to nothing. Native Texans need those jobs. I live in Louisiana and had to go to Texas several times to find work in construction. I`ve seen crews of illegal alien roofers here in Louisiana who couldn`t speak English. The boss was a white guy who came rushing up when I attempted to speak to the workers. I asked for a job just for the hell of it. The answer was no. I`ve even seen Hispanics doing lawn service at local hospitals. I saw some helping install storage containers for gas at a local store. They`re taking our jobs. They work for less.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Good now the Dems will whine and cry instead of doing something about it. Because that is what little brats do, throw temper tantrums. I was watching the news this morning and 1000 illegals crossed over at one time. Wonder how much that's going to cost.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: chr0naut

American Democrat Leadership agrees with you 100%.

You should bid for an "advisor" contract !! 😆😆

Are you suggesting that common sense follows party lines?

Guess which side you chose?

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

What? Trump was complaining lumber coming into our country was to high and dairy as well. We didnt need your lumber or cheese. You're making things up.

How's that socialized government funding to your farmers going by the way?

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 06:28 AM
link   
That was quick,

Mexico has already requested a meeting to find mutually agreeable solution.

Upside - stanch the invasion.
Downside - fewer future democrat voters.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: [post=24398053]Lumenari[/post

They might launch a fleet of weather balloons that release tarantulas when they hit ground !!! 😎

NIGHTMARE FUEL
^

I think it's a start. I guess we all know how the media is going to react lol

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Good on him. Mexico needs to stop letting these illegals pass through unscathed.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

If you don't need it then why do you import it and then charge a tariff? If there was no need you would import 0.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

what I love about these posts is folks saying it's president Trumps fault nothing is done about the border.

Like the Democrats in congress are not the problem, as well as the RINO's. CONGRESS is holding up what President Trump wants to do, but it's Trumps fault.

I own nothing that comes from Mexico (no, I do NOT own a car, and oddly, I'm NOT obese)

My wife is allegic to avacados, and would never let them in the house.

I think the tariffs should got up by 5% each month, but thats just me.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Am I wrong to assume that this will also apply to American companies who move their factories to Mexico and ship their products back over the border?

One of the first reasons I had for supporting Trump, was the idea that he would tax American companies who did that, to a point where it would not be profitable for them to do so.

There are workarounds for tariffs for those companies, because there is no sale/money involved when you ship something to yourself, so I'm not sure that this applies to them.
I'll try to find time at 2nd break to read the article(s) but if this doesn't hit companies that abandon the US and it's workers, then hopefully there is something in the works that will.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

I imagine it would. The cost of the item is still calculated for import.
edit on 31-5-2019 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   

I own nothing that comes from Mexico (no, I do NOT own a car, and oddly, I'm NOT obese)

You may be the only person here who believes in that statement.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Mmm, no, the consumer will pay.
On the brightside, maybe American farmers can kick it up, not sure who is going to pick/harvest the crops though..the irony!!

Farmers will still have plenty legal work visa migrants to assist in harvesting. The farms that hire illegals is not because they are the only ones willing to work, but that they can pay them less and treat them worse.

Many work visa migrants often return seasonally to the same farms so they are more beneficial to the farms and the local communites.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

True, but it would not be the full cost (especially for parts) and there are codes to avoid the tariff when there is no sale.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Apparently it's not possible to have legal visa farm workers. The only possible way is illegal, no other option.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

I have no idea, to be honest... But I doubt Trump does either.

This whole tariff war is pretty ingenious though, I'll give him that.

How do you raise taxes without the anti-tax crowd not opposing it, but instead actually supporting it?

Hook, line and sinker... lol.

Hook, line and sinker indeed.

I would find it hilarious that these people are actively cheering for higher taxes on themselves if it weren't so abjectly frightening how ignorant they are.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

So your argument is that tariffs will have zero impact on Mexico .. and that is why Mexico doesn't want them. Interesting.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61
a reply to: chr0naut

What stellar products do kiwis make again? Oh right nevermind

They make excuses.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join