It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Announces Tariffs on Mexico

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

This is part of the deal that lifted the steel and aluminum tariffs. Including against Canada. This is a lose not a gain.

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

So basically Donalds imposing another tax on American citizens... yeah?
What other options would you propose since you sat idly by for the last 20 years as our borders remained unsecured?

Hiking prices on everything we import and use heavily is a damn good way to seriously hurt the economy more than people want to admit. Get the stateside businesses established and churning out a percentage those same goods to offset the looming tariff hikes before we hammer the imports with excess taxes. It softens the price hike blow considerably, and makes it easier to switch to domestic production full hilt.

Planning, ya know. It counts for something stable in the long-term.

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I think it's time to panic because the Bad Orange Man is trying to stem the flow of illegal aliens into our country.

DAMN THE BASTARD!

I have, in solidarity with my evil leftist brethren, already soiled my pants.

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Might as well fix thing now Mexico! Before it gets to 50%

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

I hope he puts tariffs on coc____ coming in it would overwhelm the budget

Just think what Democrats could spend !!!!😆

+3 more 
posted on May, 30 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

This is part of the deal that lifted the steel and aluminum tariffs. Including against Canada. This is a lose not a gain.

😆😆

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I don't live in the US and it's not NPC meme worthy since it's truth. The US got the shorter end of the stick, Gm still shut down plants in the US, and didn't in Mexico those steel and aluminum tariffs really did work! What about those auto tariffs? What happened to them? Instead just blanket tariff everything, like Mexico has much to offer. The auto makers still came out on top.

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

IDK, what DID happen ? 😎

Talk is cheap 😎

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   

5% is not enough.
Should have started at 25% and increase 3-5% every year until Mexico puts a complete stop to the unrelenting invasion.

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   

You made the thread. You came up with 5% tariffs on everything from Mexico, Trump threatened to tariffs Canada and Mexico in regards to auto sales, and didn't. And here we are now, the steel and aluminum tariffs are lifted and the auto makers once again come out on top.

Did I mention GM shut down three plants in the US, while the Mexican plants stayed open?

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   

oh this is lovely. Mexico is our 3rd largest trading partner.

This is gonna hurt us in the long run.

www.inside-mexico.com...

Following are the most important exports from the US to Mexico.

Machinery $42 Billion

Electrical Machinery $41 Billion

Vehicles & Vehicle Parts $21 Billion

Mineral Fuels $20 Billion (Gasoline, natural gas)

Medical Instruments $12 Billion

Plastics $16 Billion

Textiles 4.13 Billion

Agricultural Products $18 Billion (Corn, soybeans, dairy products, pork, beef, apples, malt, margarine)

Services $31.1 Billion (travel, transport, intellectual property)

Weapons 19.8 Million

Chemical Products $13.4 Billion

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Sure blame when you can't come clean.

It's ALL My fault 😎

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Tariffying !!!!😁

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Come clean with what exactly? I made my statements, I made true statements.

Prove me wrong.

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   

25 Percent on Oct. 1st 2019 , By then , the Entire Country of " Mec He Ho " Will be Moving Elsewhere . Oh the Irony !

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I don't live in the US and it's not NPC meme worthy since it's truth. The US got the shorter end of the stick, Gm still shut down plants in the US, and didn't in Mexico those steel and aluminum tariffs really did work! What about those auto tariffs? What happened to them? Instead just blanket tariff everything, like Mexico has much to offer. The auto makers still came out on top.

Quoted for irony.

Has no dog in the fight, lives in a country that is below ours economically but yet is "woke" enough to offer an opinion anyways.

It's a little longer term game than you understand, it seems.

How's your country's GDP this quarter?

Winning bigly?

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I live in Canada, the land where you're president said my people will suffer, literally suffer. I work in the industry he targeted the most, steel and aluminum, a land where GM closed shop and took 3000 jobs an hours drive away.

I have no skin the game? My livelihood was in the direct sights of the short mindedness of a fool. My nation was targeted as an enemy when all we have done was show allegiance. Your leader betrayed us.

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   

I live in Canada, the land where you're president said my people will suffer, literally suffer. I work in the industry he targeted the most, steel and aluminum, a land where GM closed shop and took 3000 jobs an hours drive away.

I have no skin the game? My livelihood was in the direct sights of the short mindedness of a fool. My nation was targeted as an enemy when all we have done was show allegiance. Your leader betrayed us.

Then your country lived off of years of the US subsidizing your lumber industry, among other things.

All he is doing is no longer paying your country in exchange for nothing.

So suck it up buttercup and maybe elect people who will make your country economically independent instead of crying because you may have to be responsible for yourselves for a change.

What your country needs is another Trump.

MCGA!!!

edit on 30-5-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I think your Supreme Leader betrayed you 😎

His eyebrows too 🤣

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   

We won the tariff war. We dont need a trump. Maybe you need an actual leader like Trudeau who isnt triggered by petty politics and ill intent biased media coverage.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join