It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Announces Tariffs on Mexico

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   
It only shows how bad the US is doing economically really.
Not just an economical war against China, Mexico or Russia, Europe is surely next (already is/was). They are afraid loosing this power so they do anything for trying to fix it with extreme solutions.

They are spending for the last 10+ years about 1000 billion more then they have, the US has an income of about 3400 billion/year and they are spending about 4400 billion/year for keeping growth alive, just barely.
Of course it's going ok when you are spending 1000 billion more then you can. If they wouldn't no new jobs, no growth at all.

Europe they can fool a long time but when that goes away, they loose more and more control and power, which they are again trying to maintain in extreme ways but with each day it's getting more obvious that the US lost control over their income&expenses.

So the problem of the US they gonna project on other country's, they are the guilty ones, they gonna suffer for it, and we got the biggest military on earth, and we are the the most powerful surely!

These are dangerous times, just think how far the US would go trying to maintain power & control!![
edit on 31-5-2019 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Pluginn

These are dangerous times, just think how far the US would go trying to maintain power & control!!

It's no secret how the US maintains power and control. We go to war!!! trump and bolton will have their war, it's just a matter of time.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

They already did so after 9-11. Since Bush jr. the US with all that spending on those wars the US went in a downward spiral economically (those wars costed allot!), of course it's good for the war industry&jobs still it's not really something that creates money/income in the end. Again, for sure after 9-11 spending increased allot and ever since they got caught in a debt spiral when you look at the numbers.

A war against for example Iran ain't as simple as back then. Sure they make Iran very weak, nobody is allowed to buy oil, if Europe does Europe get punished with sanctions as well! And yes they did the same against Iraq, but finding as a good enough reason as back then for war, isn't that easy, but whow knows.
They now trying economical wars with sanctions and fake news (which they are spreading like the truth), trying to make other nations weaker economically and such and so trying maintaining their power and control. They got a huge spying network and intel on other nations and a big media power for trying to force their will as the truth. So trying to make other country's weaker so they can still be on top, but for how long will that work & it still doesn't solve anything as well..

This just means lots of suffering for sure, nothing good.
edit on 31-5-2019 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
a reply to: xuenchen

So basically Donalds imposing another tax on American citizens... yeah?
What other options would you propose since you sat idly by for the last 20 years as our borders remained unsecured?

It wasm't until Trump you suddenly give a crap?

Among other things, possibly a solution that didn't just completely obliterate the one and only trade deal he has managed to make while in office. All this does is create a Canada/Mexico deal that excludes the US while at the same time giving China a bunch of ammo to simply cease any pretense of trying to continue to trade with the US.

Why even negotiate deals when Trump won't even stick to the ones he's already made?

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

So basically Donalds imposing another tax on American citizens... yeah?
What other options would you propose since you sat idly by for the last 20 years as our borders remained unsecured?

It wasm't until Trump you suddenly give a crap?

Among other things, possibly a solution that didn't just completely obliterate the one and only trade deal he has managed to make while in office. All this does is create a Canada/Mexico deal that excludes the US while at the same time giving China a bunch of ammo to simply cease any pretense of trying to continue to trade with the US.

Why even negotiate deals when Trump won't even stick to the ones he's already made?
Doubtful.

You peope keep saying the same thing and again it proves my point, what would you have done that hasn't been done already?

The POTUS has advisors, he'll go in if he has the backing.

He does.

If you're fear mongering, than this is exactly what we need, OF XOURSE THE US CONSUMER WILL GET IT.

But I pay for premiums on things and I'm not even RICH.

Around the mid to low tier economic stratification income wise.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

The new trade deal has not been passed by Congress yet.

😎

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Gee , Looks like the Mexican Drug Cartels will have to do Some Serious Splain' Here ............

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 11:02 PM
link   
So....again. New tariffs, a concept Americans just don't seem to grasp. Let me 'splain.

Mexico doesn't pay a dime of the 5% tariff. Not one dime. They still send goods as usual.

The party receiving those goods at the border -- your grocer, for example -- pays that 5% for the release of the goods.

They then pass that 5% increase on to you.

I saw Trumpkins all over the web today celebrating 45 "sticking it to Mexico". The ignorance is astounding to me.

finance.yahoo.com...
edit on 31-5-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

Well, quoting CNN, the use of trumpet is a direct quote, and you may google #walkaway that's two just without looking at your posting history I can tell you have never been to America. I also know not many Aussies are named randy, a common american name, but you do get a laugh at an Aussie pub "Hi, I'm Randy" the reply is usually " I bet you are".

The tariffs should go up every 30 Days and doubled for each 1000 caught crossing the border.

Sure raise the price at the store does not mean I have to buy "made in Mexico"

I, as an American, can vote with my wallet.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Good - America should have a zero sum attitude towards Tariffs until they go away. If you tax our goods 25% like China or take 120 billion in cash and services like Mexico - game over.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
So....again. New tariffs, a concept Americans just don't seem to grasp. Let me 'splain.

Mexico doesn't pay a dime of the 5% tariff. Not one dime. They still send goods as usual.

The party receiving those goods at the border -- your grocer, for example -- pays that 5% for the release of the goods.

They then pass that 5% increase on to you.

I saw Trumpkins all over the web today celebrating 45 "sticking it to Mexico". The ignorance is astounding to me.

finance.yahoo.com...

Its you that doesn't understand tariffs apparently. Whoever attempts to import products has to pay the tariffs. So if I am going to purchase something from Mexico when they ship it to me they have to pay the tariff. This 5 percent tax will be included in the price or the company could choose not to pass along the expense if they think I may go with a different company and not buy their widgets. The other thing about tariffs are they tend to make businesses buy from other sources. For example, instead of buying my widgets from Mexico I might get them from Taiwan. That 5 percent can cost Mexico huge amounts of money.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

😎

The Democrat-led House may not pass the new trade deal.

Even though millions of additional dollars would flow to U.S. families, it would make Trump look even better.

Of course, we know Democrats put hurting President Trump as their top priority. Above American's prosperity, and even the very life of U.S. citizens.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Yep
And it's so hilarious they focus on things like this while totally ignoring the global satanic/pedophile ring operating within all levels of society... ya let's ignore that it'll just go away...

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

😎

Even though millions of additional dollars would flow to U.S. families, it would make Trump look even better.

Of course, we know Democrats put hurting President Trump as their top priority. Above American's prosperity, and even the very life of U.S. citizens.

Well of course Democrats can't have any Citizen successes !!

That would spoil their agenda of total authoritarianism wouldn't it 😎

💥Sun💥Burn💥Coming💥

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRealSolarPanel

Yep
And it's so hilarious they focus on things like this while totally ignoring the global satanic/pedophile ring operating within all levels of society... ya let's ignore that it'll just go away...

💥They💥Can't💥Hide💥From💥The💥Sun💥Forever💥

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   

If they can simply charge 5% more and no one will care, why didn't they charge that higher price all along?

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Nobody's talking about a bag of groceries. Throw 5% on the price of that new Chevy Silverado pickup and people are gonna look for something made elsewhere, like here in the U.S.A.
Get it?

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   

We're not anti tax. We're anti income tax. We're also anti entitlent spending. Before 1913 the government was funded, in large part, by tariffs. Consumption taxes are the only fair taxes.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

😎

Millions? Over a long enough time sure, but that deal is nothing other than an extremely minor tweak to NAFTA and a new name.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

It's no secret how the US maintains power and control. We go to war!!! trump and bolton will have their war, it's just a matter of time.

Really?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join