It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Announces Tariffs on Mexico

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Naw you got that covered, I've been laughing this whole time at your expense.

Interesting, you keep referring to the same intial post, but cognitive dissonance aside, you seem to forget that was the only thing relevant and all it did was call Americans ignorant because you suppposedly knew better, which is false and you know better 😊

So, rather instead of bowing out from your stupidity, you dig in, like China, pride wounded, defiant, lmfao, it all comes full circle 😜

Awwww. You're still trying.

How very quaint.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

Naw you got that covered, I've been laughing this whole time at your expense.

Interesting, you keep referring to the same intial post, but cognitive dissonance aside, you seem to forget that was the only thing relevant and all it did was call Americans ignorant because you suppposedly knew better, which is false and you know better 😊

So, rather instead of bowing out from your stupidity, you dig in, like China, pride wounded, defiant, lmfao, it all comes full circle 😜

Awwww. You're still trying.

How very quaint.

It's so "quaint" that you're still here, keep hitting that refesh button 😘

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   

edit on 31-5-2019 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

I asked for specific examples.

And I gave you hundreds instead of one. Info overload?

You have made an incorrect assumption.

And that would be...?

I did ask before, but I'll ask again - you do know Rupert Murdoch is Aussie don't you? We get a pretty even mix of news from both ends of the spectrum and the middle. But you wouldn't know this, as you admittedly haven't travelled.

Didn't know; didn't care. Where he is from is irrelevant. Who he is is irrelevant to me (and yes, I know he is the big wig at Fox News, which is also skewed reporting). I don't judge people based on where they hail from; I judge people based on who they are, and if who they are doesn't affect me, I usually don't judge them at all.

I find it interesting how you are trying so hard to downplay me due to the fact I haven't traveled much. All that means is that I have more actual experience in America than you do. And yet, you claim to know more about America than I do. That is the delusion I speak of.

I would have answered the question if it were a serious one.

I was serious. If extensive traveling causes one to become as delusional as you seem to be, I do not want to travel extensively!

Oh, well, I see I'm not going to get a straight answer from the one who claims superior knowledge... that's usually an indication that the one claiming superior knowledge is afraid to demonstrate that superior knowledge for fear of being discovered for being unknowledgeable after all. Usually, but I'm sure that doesn't apply to you.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

And I gave you hundreds instead of one. Info overload?

So no specific examples then?

Didn't think so.

It wouldn't have been hard, had you been telling the truth. Instead, you're just hoping to make a blanket statement and get away with it without anyone questioning.

Didn't know; didn't care. Where he is from is irrelevant.

Actually it's very relevant. You made the incorrect statement that we "foreigners" are only fed a steady diet of "left" slanted American news, and I rebutted that by pointing out that Rupert Murdoch is Aussie so we get all the Fox News stuff too (not to mention a sizable portion of Australian media is owned by Murdoch too) - meaning an even mix.

So yes, it is completely and absolutely relevant.

edit on 31/5/2019 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   

What is that supposed to mean?

So I'm not allowed to peruse ATS now? IS that what you're saying?

You really are reaching low into that bag of nonsense now aren't you?

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

a reply to: mtnshredder

You've really convinced yourself of that haven't you?

You have clearly developed an enormous persecution complex.

I don’t have to convince myself of anything, it’s very plain for anyone to see if your heads not buried in the sand. Facts are facts.

Why do you think people are leaving the dim party in droves? Hypocrisy like yours maybe?

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

Why do you think people are leaving the dim party in droves?

Do you have some proof of this?

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   

oh? You can't determine its meaning? And the reasonings for, either? Lol, so ignorant of American politics and now, socially challenged on the interwebs? Got it.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   

So no specific examples then?

Just the hundreds that you refuse to acknowledge.

Actually it's very relevant. You made the incorrect statement that we "foreigners" are only fed a steady diet of "left" slanted American news, and I rebutted that by pointing out that Rupert Murdoch is Aussie so we get all the Fox News stuff too (not to mention a sizable portion of Australian media is owned by Murdoch too) - meaning an even mix.

I meant that Rupert Murdock's nationality is irrelevant to me. Y'all do still speak English down there, right?

Anyway, all news from the US is slanted. Fox reports what the GOP wants you to see, while the rest of the MSM reports what the Democrats want you to see. Neither is the truth. Most Americans know that. You didn't (and likely still don't, since it makes no sense for you to listen to an American talking about America, apparently). So my point still stands; you do not have superior knowledge about America than Americans, any more than I could watch "Crocodile Dundee" 50 times and claim that I knew more about Australia than Australians.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   

oh? You can't determine its meaning? And the reasonings for, either? Lol, so ignorant of American politics and now, socially challenged on the interwebs? Got it.

Thankyou for continuing to prove my point.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Just the hundreds that you refuse to acknowledge.

What "hundreds"? You havent pointed to a single one yet.

Sorry, I'm not going to allow you to make an incorrect blanket statement and get away with it. Again, PLEASE PROVIDE SPECIFIC EXAMPLES.

I meant that Rupert Murdock's nationality is irrelevant to me. Y'all do still speak English down there, right?

So the fact he is Aussie and owns the majority of Aussie media means nothing to you when put in the context of your incorrect statement that we only receive "Left" slanted American news down here?

Mate, stop being ridiculous.
edit on 31/5/2019 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I see we have a "Scholar" that's an expert with the art of Ad hominem

Multiple tangents and red herrings thrown in too 😎

It's a classic deflective maneuver 😎

I bet Mexico starts dealing with the immigrant problems before June 10th 😎

Hell, they might even agree to allowing U.S. Troops in Mexico !!!! 😎

([[waiting for the attack]])

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Why do you think people are leaving the dim party in droves?

Do you have some proof of this?

Yes, I’m proof for one and I personally know quite a few people that have left. There’s a ton of proof on the net of people denouncing and leaving the left, you can even read post after post here on ATS of people that have left. How much proof do you need before you can see it for yourself?

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
So trump figured out a way to make them pay for the wall. Oh the irony if Mexico cant stop the migrants they will probably offer money for a border wall to stop losing money on their exports

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Yes, I’m proof for one and I personally know quite a few people that have left.

So you and a small group of your friends. Not exactly "droves".

There’s a ton of proof on the net of people denouncing and leaving the left, you can even read post after post here on ATS of people that have left. How much proof do you need before you can see it for yourself?

Show me. Ive searched and cannot find any. Please, show me.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   

So the fact he is Aussie and owns the majority of Aussie media means nothing to you when put in the context of your incorrect statement that we only receive "Left" slanted American news down here?

My assertion is not that you only receive left-leaning news sources. If you get Fox, just say "We get Fox." My assertion is that you only receive politically-biased news sources from the US, because that's all the US has at this time.

I also stand by my statement about you and CNN. Every single position you take is the exact same position taken by CNN. Every. Single. One. There's nothing wrong with that; that is your right. You get to watch whatever news source you want. You get to believe whatever you want. Heck, I watched primarily CNN for years! However, at least own up to it honestly. You get your news from left-leaning US news sources.

Maybe some Aussies get theirs from right-leaning news sources... well, source, as in Fox.

The truth is in the middle somewhere, and that's what we do here: we take the official stories, tear them apart, examine the pieces, throw out the trash, and figure out where the truth lies. HInt: lately, it ain't anywhere close to what CNN keeps telling you.

Now, "mate," (that's Aussie for "friend," right?) it's been fun watching you try to defend the indefensible, but I have things to see and people to do... er, things to do and people to see... so good luck with that omnipotent knowledge you got about the USA.

I came into this thread to talk about the Mexican tariffs, not your grandiosity.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I saw a lot of this kind of stuff when I was stationed in England. They mostly watch BBC and if they do check out US news it's CNN. The rest of their info about the US comes from Hollywood movies.

Needless to say, most of them had completely inaccurate impressions of what the US and most Americans are like. Even if they had been to the US, if the only place you went was NYC or LA, you didn't learn anything about America.
edit on 31 5 19 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Yes, I’m proof for one and I personally know quite a few people that have left.

So you and a small group of your friends. Not exactly "droves".

There’s a ton of proof on the net of people denouncing and leaving the left, you can even read post after post here on ATS of people that have left. How much proof do you need before you can see it for yourself?

Show me. Ive searched and cannot find any. Please, show me.

Now you’re just being an ignorant troll, you didn’t search jack. Stop being obtuse. Maybe if you actually lived in the country that you think you know more about then the people living there you may be able to figure this out on your own.........IDK?
Let’s see if you can follow direction, type in “ are people leaving the Democratic Party” and read. Then come back and tell us people aren’t leaving. I’m betting you cant.

edit on 31-5-2019 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join