It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender wins NCAA womens track championship

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

In college I said something similar and most of the class gasped as if I said I had molested children. They were fully expecting the strong black female professor to knock me down, and got silenced when she more or less agreed with me.

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

What? Aldo was just scared he was being ...uh...

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   
One thing all this has taught me is.
Bad male athletes make amazing female athletes.

That and catering to a small minority of people who display signs of mental illness is a dangerous proposition.

Sure some people have true gender dysphoria. But most of these people are suffering from leftist manipulation. Convinced to ignore biology/science and latch onto a self serving self destructive ideology where everyone is oppressed. But there are no oppressors. Resorting to yelling at the sky and throwing milkshakes at people they oppose. Then wondering why they keep loosing.

Morssieey knows...

“It’s just a way of changing the subject. When someone calls you racist, what they are saying is ‘hmm, you actually have a point, and I don’t know how to answer it, so perhaps if I distract you by calling you a bigot we’ll both forget how enlightened your comment was’.”

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Maybe the steroids league and transgender athletes could combine.

Because basically it's the same concepts.
edit on 30-5-2019 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: sooth
Funny to me how folks on the left want to talk about gender inequality in sports. Well, here is the biggest gender inequality in sports right here and it is being pushed by the left.

Let's face it. Most women sports exist because of the revenue men's sports brings in. And then some whine and moan about how female athletes don't get paid or get the same attention that men's sports do. What is amusing to me is there is a very good reason why they don't get paid the same as the male athletes. Because the type of person that incessantly whines about gender inequality in sports isn't watching female sports either. They are just a bunch of hypocrites that like to cry about things. "Do as I say not as I do." Maybe if they actually supported women's sports then they might actually draw enough revenue to pay the female athletes more.

I'm not interested in most women's sports enough to watch on a consistent basis. That is my preference and I'm always right up front about it. That doesn't make me a bigot. A bigot would say women don't belong in athletic competition and should instead stay in the home raising my young where they belong. I simply don't want to watch women's sports because it is not compelling to me. They are not the best of the best available to watch. The men athletes are. I want to watch athletes do amazing things that I can't do. That is why I watch sports. Occasionally, I can get into female sports if it is either the Olympics or my local college has a good women's team that is making a run at a championship. Then it is something captivating that I have a rooted interest in.

Well, a bigot is just someone who is intolerant to other views, especially political (liberals are the worst form of a bigot). What you're describing would be more like chauvinist or misogyny by today's standards. But I know what you mean and agree with you all the way. I love watching softball because USUALLY the pitcher has a nice butt. Plus I dated a few softball players in high school because most were good looking and athletic. I don't care for any other sport girls play though, but I never have. Hell I only care about LSU baseball and college football anyways.

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I'm sorry but f*** that! That was *my* event and hurdles were *my* specialty. I also high jumped.

But this ... I have no words. He's a man. He competes with men, not with women.
edit on 30-5-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Boadicea

There was a racer in the recent past that said something when she lost to a trans-female. Here is an article where a 17yo trans girl says she admits she has an advantage over girls, but because not all girls are equal it's alright for her to have this advantage.

Yearwood acknowledges she is stronger than many of her cisgender competitors, but says girls who are not transgender may have other advantages.

“One high jumper could be taller and have longer legs than another, but the other could have perfect form, and then do better,” she said. “One sprinter could have parents who spend so much money on personal training for their child, which in turn, would cause that child to run faster.”

www.washingtontimes.com...

link   
a reply to: JAY1980

I think it is highly likely as we have seen in the animal kingdom that pharmaceuticals and hormones in water and food may be causing problems in utero. So it is possible there is an increase.

As far as mental illness this is guided by psychology as well. I am not a huge believer in psychology as truth but it's kind of an area of unknown.

The left taking that to an extreme is a whole other issue and is very real and not helpful.

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

So, too, does the IOC, of all people...

Athletics is supposed to be about fair competition. What about this is fair? All things being equal, a male is simply stronger and faster than a female.

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Yearwood is wrong. Training will not increase the amount of fast twitch muscle fibers a runner will have. It can only improve you so far.

Also, high jumping is not about height although most jumpers are tall. High jump has to do with another quality of genetics - elasticity of your tendons making you extra springy. The best high jumpers have lots of it. I had a good degree, but not enough to be elite, but enough for it take me to college along with the hurdles.
edit on 30-5-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

But crispr can.

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

That's not parents buying coaching and training though. That's genetic modification. That's something trans don't have, but they would need to really be women and compete as women.

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I know I was joking morbidly about the reality of our future.

I have stated many times trans woman have an unfair advantage in most speed and strength sports. Some are even dangerous like mma and boxing.

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: LSU2018

Bonobos are not monkeys. And the rest of your statement is false as well.

Ok, Mr. Technical-When-You-Don't-Have-a-Logical-Comeback, whatever you wanna call these.

They're monkeys to me.

link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I didn't need anyone watching me. I just needed to compete and go out and run my competitors into the ground. I took pride in that. Of course, my competitors weren't all men wearing dresses and feeling like girls.

link   
After losing to a trans athlete this cyclist posted this. On Oct 14 2018.

The controversy started when Wagner-Assali responded to a tweet from British media personality Katie Hopkins. Hopkins shared a photo of the three medalists from the event, writing, “For clarity – this was the WOMENS world championships. I repeat. Women’s. Congratulations to the brave faces of silver & bronze. The world is gripped by a febrile madness.”

She was immediately attacked ..

Not fair how exactly? I honestly want to know what magical advantage transphobes think she had with their complete lack of understanding of how muscle, bone structure, bone density, hormones, and whatever else they think all actually function.

— Emily (@MsEmilyTired) October 16, 2018

Not surprisingly she immediately apologized despite it being obvious how she really felt (and she was right).

On Thursday, Wagner-Assali tweeted that her comments “weren’t productive or positive,” adding that she regretted her initial tweets.

“After having some time to reflect, I realize my twitter comments earlier this week unintentionally fanned the flames on a controversial situation, and that I regret,” Wagner-Assali wrote. “I made the comments out of a feeling of frustration, but they weren’t productive or positive.”

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Boadicea

There was a racer in the recent past that said something when she lost to a trans-female. Here is an article where a 17yo trans girl says she admits she has an advantage over girls, but because not all girls are equal it's alright for her to have this advantage.

Yearwood acknowledges she is stronger than many of her cisgender competitors, but says girls who are not transgender may have other advantages.

“One high jumper could be taller and have longer legs than another, but the other could have perfect form, and then do better,” she said. “One sprinter could have parents who spend so much money on personal training for their child, which in turn, would cause that child to run faster.”

www.washingtontimes.com...

I wouldn't call natural advantages the same thing as a guy wearing a weave calling himself a woman as the same thing...

Yes, in many sports, there are some built in advantages based on access, training, and money. Some people have natural physical advantages but it is a stretch to say a man competing as a woman is similar.

There is a reason you see so many blacks in sprinting, basketball and football. ACCESS. Pretty much anyone can play and has access to the games, so the best truly do rise to the top.

On the other hand, sports like golf, tennis, gymnastics require way more commitment and money to be successful. They are much harder to learn naturally, so unless you can live at country club the odds of even a naturally talented phenom developing into a talent is practically zero. We won't even get in to really rich kid stuff like motocross or race car driving. There is probably some kid popping wheelies on a dirt bike in Baltimore ghetto who could probably give James Stewart or top motocross rider a run for their money, but they'd never get the opportunity to race and develop their skills / natural talent without a benefactor of some sort.
edit on 30-5-2019 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Exactly right.

East Germany was notorious for it. As were several other Soviet Bloc nations. Of course, they also did much of the early steroid use, as well. Though other nations soon caught up.

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   

It doesn't even matter, right or wrong, they admitted they have an advantage and are alright with it. Disgusting.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join