It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender wins NCAA womens track championship

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 12:15 AM
link   
That runner is the same dude who was just featured in a documentary on connecticut HS (or college??) where there was a girl who's family is from Romania or Belarussia - she was outspoken about this and I think at the HS level there were even more issues like this, but it doesn't get the media attention.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

That terrible value system codified that it was wrong to lie or to steal, and that cheating on your spouse was wrong. While you may not agree with some aspects of it the rest isn't so bad.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Yup totally unfair. There needs to be trans only competitions so all competitors are on a level playing field, so to speak. YET, with all this going on there are real actual women being banned from competing because they have a natural condition which produces high levels of testosterone and will only be allowed to compete if they take drugs to reduce /suppress the testosterone level, but they are women with women's muscle mass, unlike trans females who still have the main anatomy of a male. I think those who are making the decisions of who can and can't compete in women's competitions HAVE SOME EXPLAINING TO DO!
edit on 31-5-2019 by CthulhuMythos because: Stupid typos

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 01:59 AM
link   
The solution to this is for real women to boycott sporting events that allow trans women to compete with them. If trans women want to compete in sports, they can startup a transgender league.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Would just like to point out to folks throwing around the LGBT moniker...

It's inaccurate to presume lesbians are okay with Trans women competing in women's sports.

In fact, there is a significant fracture taking place around this specific issue.

A number of gay activists have been shunned from the "LGBT" community, because they disagree strongly on this issue and similar issues. Ironically, they are only finding a voice on conservative media outlets.

The science aspect of this issue is unassailable.

Don't believe it? Tell your city government, your pet duck (which looks EXACTLY like a Pit Bull... because it IS a pit-bull, but believes it's a duck) is exempt from the dangerous animals statute. Let us know how it goes.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

The terrible value systems also generally allowed people to ignore all the rules as long as your victim was from another religion.

If Charles Manson had a few good ideas it didn't make him a good person.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   
it makes me ask the question, are they having a sex change because they want to be a different sex , or because they want to be a winner ?

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

It's both. Probably less of the only for sports. It's a huge alteration.

What athletes can do to get around USADA rules is train in say russia or Brazil until you are cycled out. So going trans would be even more extreme than that.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: primus2012
Takes some balls to compete in women's sports these days.

Takes some balls to WIN in women's sports these days.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Only a couple of balls.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
it makes me ask the question, are they having a sex change because they want to be a different sex , or because they want to be a winner ?

Part of me wonders how much of this is fueled by the everyone's a winner mentality we've taken up, and then some kids find out that they actually aren't a winner. Then you add the social media explosion of transgenderism into the mix and it doesn't really seem that bad to take this route to becoming a winner.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: sapien82

Part of me wonders how much of this is fueled by the everyone's a winner mentality we've taken up, and then some kids find out that they actually aren't a winner. Then you add the social media explosion of transgenderism into the mix and it doesn't really seem that bad to take this route to becoming a winner.

Transgenderism is also on the rise and starting to have a more clear path towards fertility drugs being more widely used and possible exposure in utero to certain hormones in pharmaceuticals.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   

It's also on the rise because traditionally it's a phase children go through and grow out of, but today we have to immediately accept a child is transgender and make it permanent.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

It's also on the rise because traditionally it's a phase children go through and grow out of, but today we have to immediately accept a child is transgender and make it permanent.

That is also true and why people need to have the ethical debates about transition before adulthood. IMO we need a real way to confirm like through neuroscience.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Yep.

When I was in my aborted career as a teacher, the class I took on it said it was perfectly normal for kids going through puberty to experience a brief phase of confusion about sexuality, both in orientation and gender and other things. These days, those aren't brief periods. They're signals of deep-seated, permanent repressed desires to either be gay or be the opposite gender or some other thing on the "rainbow of LGBT+Whatever Other Letters We're Adding This Week" catalog.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Another elite female athlete speaking out:

‘It really concerns me’: Top Aussie runner speaks out against transgender athlete

3 x Commonwealth Games gold medallist Tamsyn Manou (née Tamsyn Lewis) tells Ben Fordham it’s concerning many women feel they can’t speak out about the issue.

“The female category isn’t being protected enough in elite women’s sport at the moment.

“I know that it’s a grey area… but it really concerns me.

“I think that it’s important that people understand it’s not about gender identity. This is an issue that is surrounding what you were born as, biologically what your sex is.

“There is just way too much advantage with a male competing against a female.”

She's right about it being an issue surrounding what we are born as... what our biological sex is. Not just in sports and competitions, but in the grand picture. It is impossible to change one's sex; and if gender isn't tied to our sex organs, then it isn't tied to our sex at all, so there cannot be a separate "gender identity" or "brain."

But we do know without a doubt that our biological sex is stamped throughout our entire body, and cannot be changed -- not hormonally, not surgically. Including the increased physical strength and endurance of the male body.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

But we do know without a doubt that our biological sex is stamped throughout our entire body, and cannot be changed -- not hormonally, not surgically. Including the increased physical strength and endurance of the male body.

I think it's more complex than that. If we can mix spiders and goats to make their utters spin webs we really have entered a new phase of reproduction in terms of evolution.

It's only a matter of time before the use of gene therapy enters the designer realm.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   

We're not talking about that though.

In order to create that sort of transgender athlete, you'd have to go back to the very beginning of conception and alter the sperm and/or eggs these hypothetical athletes are coming out of.

No one has done this with any of these transgender athletes. All of them were born the traditional way. All of them have the traditional sex chromosome configuration. The only one who does not is the intersex athlete from South Africa, and *she* isn't claiming to be transgender in any way.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

We are not talking about anything. We are basically shouting at each other.

Not you and I but society. I know you feel it's one way it's not.

I assume we will also ignore the designer baby issue until we get all the way to super IQ people beating regular folks at chess and super athletes dominating sports as well.
edit on 31-5-2019 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Except it's not an issue now, and may never be one. We are assuming it will be.

Do we want to make laws/regulations based on hypotheticals? Down that way lies madness.

Instead of worrying about the impact of designer babies, we ought to be worrying about whether or not designer babies are even ethical to begin with. As in, do we allow them to even be made to that degree?

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join