It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House wanted USS John S. McCain covered up during Trump’s Japan visit

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: FredT

Honestly, even the most sycophant Trump supporter cannot defend this utter BS.

what is to defend?
what part did trump have in this?

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Hardly Fake news hmmmmm... Also perhaps the Toddler in Chief did not know about it, but it shows the lengths that the WH staff is going to manage his tantrums.

The bottom line is that the WH asked that a ship named after 3 men who served in combat with the USN with distinction. Note none got a deferral for bad feet .

Navy acknowledges request was made to hide USS John S. McCain during Trump visit

Navy confirms request to hide USS John McCain during Trump’s Japan trip

Navy confirms request to ‘minimize’ USS John McCain during Trump visit to Japan

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Also perhaps the Toddler in Chief did not know about it

well now that is a horse of a different color now isnt it?

but it shows the lengths that the WH staff is going to manage his tantrums.

show me the white house staff that did not perform that function?
i will wait.....

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Toddler in chief, huh?

Excerpts from your links,

“I didn’t know anything about it. I would never do a thing like that,” Trump told reporters outside the White House on Thursday. “They thought they were doing me a favor because they know I am not a fan of John McCain.” et al.

He is honest, nobody cares about McCain, and a fair number of veterans on this very site have express the same disdain as you do for our POTUS in regards to McCain, so no real loss or total surprise, however he didn't know and could care less, though whoever it was, was well meaning after all.

More,

"Both Trump and Acting Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan have denied knowing anything about any such orders. Trump told reporters Thursday that while he was not “a big fan” of McCain, “I would never do a thing like that.”

"Now, somebody did it because they thought I didn't like him, OK? And they were well-meaning, I will say," he said.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

“Secretary Shanahan was not aware of the directive to move the USS John S McCain nor was he aware of the concern precipitating the directive,” a spokesman for Shanahan said in a statement." Et al.

I find it very comical that you fell for fake news, tried to smear the WH and POTUS and continue to dig in for what is essentially a hit piece.

That's all it literally was and you, like others, took the bait, posted it and railed on the administration, as expected the strings were pulled and here we are now.

We all know better and we have seen through it, you can't and won't convince us otherwise, not as a sycphant issue, but rather one of integrity.

edit on 1-6-2019 by Arnie123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 12:20 AM
link   

The "news" may not be entirely fake, but the outrage certainly is. Name calling.... sore losing... fixation... whose the toddler here?

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: FredT
So in summary despite the claims of fake news:

If its obviously Fake news then why are Brietbart, the NY Post, and Fox quoting it without their usual denials?

The WSJ sides more conservative no? When did it become 'Fake News"

This morning FOX (which you mention) just came out to declare this story Fake News.

From Fox news:

Navy confirms request to ‘minimize’ USS John McCain during Trump visit to Japan
Adam Shaw By Adam Shaw | Fox News

Navy official confirms White House requested USS McCain be kept away during Trump visit
The Navy on Saturday confirmed that a request was made to “minimize the visibility” of the U.S.S. John McCain during President Trump’s recent visit to Japan -- but that it remained in a “normal configuration” during the visit.

Fox News story, dated June 1, 2019

In fact (according to Fox News), as a result of this, the Pentagon has weighed in on the matter and is scolding the administration about its actions.

Pentagon tells White House to stop politicizing military

SEOUL, South Korea – The Pentagon has told the White House to stop politicizing the military, amid a furor over a Trump administration order to have the Navy ship named for the late Sen. John McCain hidden from view during a presidential visit.

Source: Fox News, June 2, 2019

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

To clear that up, since your link doesn't go into detail and knowing full well of the twist and spin that happens,

"According to Shanahan spokesman Lt. Col. Joseph Buccino, Shanahan told his chief of staff on Friday to speak with the White House military office "and reaffirm his mandate that the department of defense will not be politicized." Buccino said the chief of staff reported back that he delivered the message." et al.

If you want to be techinical, a lowly staffer went and told another lowly staffer that the DOD will not be politicized.
Source:
www.militarytimes.com...

However, the interesting thing about all this is that it was the media that politicized this and he even affirms it AGAIN in a presser to the media that this won't be politicized by ANYONE over this literal flap.

www.reuters.com...

You'll have to actually watch the video, bonus homework, time stamp when he says, "We told the WH to stop politicizing this issue"

All in all, this is what all this was, a politicized flap by the media as a hit piece and it failed, case closed.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Has anyone considered that the original request might have come from a Trump hater in the administration for the sole purpose of making him look bad intentionally? It is a plausible scenario, and one that should probably be considered to find out where the request truly originated.

edit on 6/2/2019 by Krakatoa because: fixed spelling errors

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
Has anyone considered that the original request might have come from a Trump hater in the administration for the sole purpose of making him look bad intentionally? It is a plausible scenario, and one that should probably be considered to find out where the request truly originated.

In all honesty this is how it all went down, based on all the sources...

Trump goes to Japan, everybody is getting things ready, everybody has a position and a job to do. People are working.

At some point in the daily agendas, a low rank in file subordinate has the special duty of writing up emails and submitting request, probably with special clearance to do so.
I did this as well back in S3, sometimes the S3 SGM didn't have time to look at my work and trusted that it was correct and would allow me to submit without review.

This guy was like, "Oh its McCain, we should try to reduced visibility because Trump"... Writes up the email and submits. The Navy receives it and is, "Hmmm, that's a bit unusual..." and all of a sudden, WSJ has the email and is pushed out by an Anti-Trumper with a history of Anti-Trump tweets, hence, the politicized issue.

Trump and other position leaders are like, "What?, what are you all talking about???" People look into things and finally settle on what happened, MEANWHILE, the media has effectively pushed this out as a hit piece and as expected, a thread pops up denouncing any and all things Trump because of this supposed disgusting act.

Now, it's an issue that didn't need to be an issue because, Trump.

Literally it. Nada.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

An Implanted Hoax Perpetrated by an Implant 😎

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Could be Trump knows something about McCain that you don't. I agree this is an extreme measure. But I think we might find out later that there was a good reason for it. I think later we will be pissed that Trump didn't find a way to rename it.

You said its the namesake of 3 heroes? I thought it was to honor one person. I didn't know they had people sharing the honor of having NAVY ships named after them.

Or was that just some hyperbole to make it sound worse? "Even if you dont like the late Senator John McCain, there happens to be 2 other heroes named that so, that means we should never diss the name John McCain because those other guys exist." Is that basically what you were doing or what?
edit on 6/3/2019 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
You said its the namesake of 3 heroes? I thought it was to honor one person. I didn't know they had people sharing the honor of having NAVY ships named after them.

The Navy has a long history of that practice, see the destroyers USS Sullivans.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ServiusTull
I'm retired Navy and believe me, McCain was a nasty and lazy bastard in the Navy. Not to mention some other things.

I recently spent a couple of hours in a car with the father of a friend, who happens to be retired navy, and was on board the USS Forrestal when the tragedy occurred. He told me there was absolutely no doubt that McCain's recklessness absolutely started the explosions and fire, and is personally responsible for the deaths of 134 sailors and the injuries of 161 more. He told me he lost 5 good friends that day, and they whisked McCain off the ship within the hour, because there were a number of sailors - some pretty senior - looking for revenge.

Sen john McCain should have never had the opportunity to betray his country when he was captured in Vietnam, nor should he have ever become Senator, because he should have been rotting in leavenworth for the rest of his life after what happened on July 29th, 1967.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

I recently spent a couple of hours in a car with the father of a friend, who happens to be retired navy, and was on board the USS Forrestal when the tragedy occurred. He told me there was absolutely no doubt that McCain's recklessness absolutely started the explosions and fire, and is personally responsible for the deaths of 134 sailors and the injuries of 161 more.

How was he personally responsible when it was a malfunctioning Zuni rocket on another aircraft that started the chain reaction?

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: FredT
Hardly Fake news hmmmmm...

As originally reported, yes.

Also perhaps the Toddler in Chief

TDS much? What are you, 12? And you are a super moderator? That explains a lot about what has happened to this site.

did not know about it, but it shows the lengths that the WH staff is going to manage his tantrums.

Or, maybe there are still some TDS sufferers working in the WH, and one of them did this to provoke the exact reaction that is happening?

The bottom line is that the WH asked that a ship named after 3 men who served in combat with the USN with distinction.

Wrong again. "The WH" didn't ask for anything. Some unnamed flunky did, probably without the approval of anyone, much less the President.

Note none got a deferral for bad feet.

Maybe not bad feet, but the second one was willing to cover up crimes of the latest one (his son) who was responsible for the deaths of 134 sailors, the serious injuries of 161 more, and betrayed his country while a prisoner of war in Vietnam.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
"I recently spent a couple of hours in a car with the father of a friend, who happens to be retired navy, and was on board the USS Forrestal when the tragedy occurred. He told me there was absolutely no doubt that McCain's recklessness absolutely started the explosions and fire, and is personally responsible for the deaths of 134 sailors and the injuries of 161 more."

How was he personally responsible when it was a malfunctioning Zuni rocket on another aircraft that started the chain reaction?

It wasn't just a malfunctioning rocket. The rocket was apparently armed in violation of policy, and then launched itself after an electrical surge caused by McCain - in the plane directly in front of the plane with the armed rocket - stupidly engaging in a hotshot action called wet starting his engine.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Hate Trump > watch CNN > Fuel hate > Post Hate > Hate Trump even more > watch CNN > Fuel hate > Post Hate > Hate Trump even more > Watch CNN... ad finitum.

Somwehere in there the real story emerges but by then it's too late.

I would have thought by now it was obvious that a story needs to be checked fully, well beyond, "sources", to get the full picture.

Anyway, it's a bigger disgrace that McCain has anything decent named after him.
edit on 4/6/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

It wasn't just a malfunctioning rocket. The rocket was apparently armed in violation of policy, and then launched itself after an electrical surge caused by McCain - in the plane directly in front of the plane with the armed rocket - stupidly engaging in a hotshot action called wet starting his engine.

You make that up or did your 'friend' tell you that? This is from the official Navy report, the rocket came from the other side of the vessel:

The official inquiry found that the ordnance crew acted immediately on the Weapons Coordination Board's decision. They found that the pigtail was connected early, that the TER pin on the faulty Zuni missile was likely blown free, and that the missile fired when a power surge occurred as the pilot transferred his systems from external to internal power.

edit on 4-6-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: network dude has no beer because Heels took it

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
They found that the pigtail was connected early, that the TER pin on the faulty Zuni missile was likely blown free, and that the missile fired when a power surge occurred as the pilot transferred his systems from external to internal power.

McCain... trying to put lipstick on a pigtail again.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The guy can be criticized for a host of things but blaming the USS Forrestal fire on him isn't one of them.

edit on 4-6-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: network dude has no beer because Heels took it

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join