It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House wanted USS John S. McCain covered up during Trump’s Japan visit

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSteppenwolf

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: FredT

I'm suggesting they got the story wrong wether intentionally or not is for you to decide.

The official us navy pacific fleet Twitter account says the story is wrong.
The picture was taken before trumps visit.

Is there a link?

So I follow the USN on twitter and went back to May 18th and no mention but I may have missed it

twitter.com...

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
a reply to: Bluntone22

Even MSNBC appeared to refute Ballhaus' claims, noting that the tarp was removed before the president arrived in Japan.

"A spokesperson for US Pacific Fleet said the picture of the tarp is from Friday and it was taken down on Saturday," MSNBC's Katy Tur tweeted. "'All ships remained in normal configuration during POTUS' visit,' CDR Nate Christensen said."

Reporter Claims Name Of USS John McCain Covered During Japan Trip. Then More Info Comes Out.

The misinformation is so deep and rampant these days. The only thing anyone has to go on is instincts and intellect, which the fake news media is well aware is in short supply these days. Thank god for the deluge of information at everyone's fingertips, it's just sad that so many get hit in the feels and run with the initial attempts at being manipulated, only to hold fast to their initial response in the face of actual proof.

Thank god for the stupidity of the average human, without that we would never have such a chance to be held back and manipulated.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT

originally posted by: TheSteppenwolf

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I'm suggesting they got the story wrong wether intentionally or not is for you to decide.

The official us navy pacific fleet Twitter account says the story is wrong.
The picture was taken before trumps visit.

Is there a link?

So I follow the USN on twitter and went back to May 18th and no mention but I may have missed it

twitter.com...

I found it on the US navy pacific fleet account.
Posted an hour ago.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Thank god for the deluge of information at everyone's fingertips, it's just sad that so many get hit in the feels and run with the initial attempts at being manipulated, only to hold fast to their initial response in the face of actual proof.

Thank god for the stupidity of the average human, without that we would never have such a chance to be held back and manipulated.

Maybe if the updated information proves solid a MOD will move this to Ludicrous Online Lies?

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 11:08 PM
link   

If the its not true then why "I was 'not informed' about order to move John McCain warship during Japan trip" the

twitter.com...

Seriously if its fake news and the USN denies it then why the denial via twitter
With all due respect, everytime the POTUS receives news that the liberal media is pushing fake news, the POTUS tends to rebuff them by tweeting a response.

This happens all the time and rightfully so, on other words, he is defending himself from fake news.

Part of it is also to show, first hand, how fake news operates and Trumps desire to showcase it, which further strenghtens his argument that the lying liberal media is indeed an enemy of the people.
edit on 29-5-2019 by Arnie123 because: More.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

If the its not true then why "I was 'not informed' about order to move John McCain warship during Japan trip" the

twitter.com...

Seriously if its fake news and the USN denies it then why the denial via twitter
With all due respect, everytime the POTUS receives news that the liberal media is pushing fake news, the POTUS tends to rebuff them by tweeting a response.

This happens all the time and rightfully so, on other words, he is defending himself from fake news.

This is America, anyone who speaks out in defense of themselves is obviously guilty.

Get in the game man......Every allegation is rooted in solid, non biased facts. So much so, that there is almost no need to inquire further about said allegations and just embrace them as gospel.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Ugh, ye I know tell me about it.

I'm just tired of people attacking MY PRESIDENT.

We're all in this together, call it blind patriotism, whatever, but I fully support my POTUS and have "gone all in".

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Honestly, even the most sycophant Trump supporter cannot defend this utter BS. The White House requested that the USN cover up the of the USS John S. McCain ( The name sake of 3 American hero's) cause god forbid Trump be uncomfortable. Disgusting that Acting Defense Secretary Pat Shanahan agreed with the White House.

I'm not sure who in Navy put their foot down but someone ordered the tarp removed before the visit and they should be commended.

My father served int eh US Navy and I'm disgusted beyond belief

A senior White House official also confirmed that they did not want the destroyer with the McCain name seen in photographs. The official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal deliberations, said the president was not involved in the planning, but the request was made to keep Trump from being upset during the visit.www.washingtonpost.com... ad314b2-8272-11e9-933d-7501070ee669_story.html?utm_term=.4c8cb2b4f33b

Honestly is he the leader of the free world or a toddler

So did trump not do this?

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Sweet I follow like 5 different USN accounts but somehow missed the Pac Fleet. Also the opened up a account that HAD not posted since 2014 to put up denials

but its word smithed no? Its clear AS reported that IT WAS NOT obscured during the visit. That tracks with what people are saying. That is not a denial that it was NOT in the works before.

So why not say 'There WAS NO PLAN TO protect the POTUS delicate EGO prior to his visit"?

It does not explain the stern being covered prior
It does not explain the crew being given liberty prior to the visit. If POTUS is visiting a foreign base why give liberty?
Why was a barge moved to obscure the stern
Called out most of the other ships in the harbor BUT not the McCain in his speech?

edit on 5/29/19 by FredT because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/29/19 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
a reply to: MisterSpock

Ugh, ye I know tell me about it.

I'm just tired of people attacking MY PRESIDENT.

We're all in this together, call it blind patriotism, whatever, but I fully support my POTUS and have "gone all in".

It doesn't even matter if you support him or not.

It just boils down to being a bunch of gossipy hens spreading any little bit of info(no matter what the source) as some pinnacle/factual irrefutable information that gets old.

Just step back, process the info and assume you aren't getting the whole story. It is, afterall, the damn motto of the forum.

I'm not a smart man, but I'm continually blown away by those that don't take the slightest bit of effort to assume that anything that is being fed to them could possibly be an attempt to manipulate their thoughts/belief. Blah, whatever. It's pretty much pointless at this point. Nobody is ever going to change. Let the bullets fly.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

The man is a Christian. Shakes head.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 11:37 PM
link   

I'm not a smart man,

Got it!!!! thanks for the heads up

Navy Times: White House tells Navy to keep destroyer McCain ‘out of sight’ during Trump visit to Japan, report says

The WSJ apparently has an email as well which can be found quoted on twitter and other sources. As noted its behind a pay wall and Im not going to subscribe just for this thread

(post by M5xaz removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Actually what they said was the name was not covered during the presidents visit.

The article says it was removed.

The results are the same. See the Navy never says that it was covered then removed it just says it was not covered during the presidents visit.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Someone posted a photo of the name covered by a tarp.

When it was removed the statement made by the Navy was correct.

This is how two things can be true.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 11:49 PM
link   

He wouldnt lie about it though would he?
Nah... never...

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 12:03 AM
link   

I'm a 20 year retired Marine and National Guard Veteran. I have zero respect for John McCain. By today's standards he would have never got his flight wings. Rode the shirt tails of his father his whole military career. Graduated at the bottom tier of his class. He would have been passed over for promotion and processed out.

Not only that, he seriously tried to axe the meager pensions of Veterans. Almost nobody earns the pension in the military. Something like 17% last time I checked. It's either 20 years of service or NOTHING. He tried to kill it. It is so difficult to stay in 20 years today. Have to keep getting promoted, attending schools, being away from home. I did it but it was not easy. Screw him.

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 12:05 AM
link   

I'm not a smart man,

Got it!!!! thanks for the heads up

Navy Times: White House tells Navy to keep destroyer McCain ‘out of sight’ during Trump visit to Japan, report says

The WSJ apparently has an email as well which can be found quoted on twitter and other sources. As noted its behind a pay wall and Im not going to subscribe just for this thread

Take whatever win you can get(insult me), just hold fast as the narrative crumbles. I read your link, no where, as any other link, did it state this was a request of trumps. Even though the first sentence in your OP sought to implicate him.

I suggest a break from politics, maybe focus your mod efforts on a cat forum or something.

I'm sure you'll entertain deleting this post as some sort of forum violation, or maybe my account. You do you, just remember me the next time you scream at the sky.

Just for clarification, covered name or not, no where did any link you posted implicate this as a directive from trump, a narrative you seemed to embrace in the first line of your op. That is the failure, that is the "fake news". Post all the news articles you want, none of them seem to support your rant that trump via the white house ordered this.

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Several years ago the GOP was trying to kick him out of the party. He consistently sided with Democrats. His website had a big banner "Repeal and Replace" the ACA. When it was time to vote he did the exact opposite. McCain put much shame on himself with Veterans and Conservatives. Many non forgivable offenses. I will never forgive and hope if he has a soul, something has mercy on it but that is as far as I will go. His daughter is an obese slug who has never done anything in her life of merit other than cry about her Daddy.

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 12:49 AM
link   

I suggest a break from politics, maybe focus your mod efforts on a cat forum or something.

I'm sure you'll entertain deleting this post as some sort of forum violation, or maybe my account. You do you, just remember me the next time you scream at the sky.

Wait we have a cat forum??????? Heck yeah I'm going to mod it!!!! Also why would I delete your post? You have been here a while and know we do not mod threads we have posted in and no action is taken in a vacuum. While you chose to straw man things its not exactly a T&C violation but if the statement above is some sort of weird martyrdom then I say have at it!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join