It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Department of Energy is now referring to fossil fuels as “freedom gas”

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Call it a rebranding of "energy dominance."

In a press release published on Tuesday, two Department of Energy officials used the terms "freedom gas" and "molecules of US freedom" to replace your average, everyday term "natural gas."

The press release was fairly standard, announcing the expansion of a Liquified Natural Gas (LNG) terminal at the Freeport facility on Quintana Island, Texas. It would have gone unnoticed had an E&E News reporter not noted the unique metonymy "molecules of US freedom." arstechnica.com...

Seriously? First 'Freedom Fries" now "Freedom Gas". Whats next coal will be referred to as "Freedom Rocks"?????

We all get it by now, the Trump Admin and its cabinet Hearts them some fossil fuels, but this word smithing really borders on the absurd. So with the justification that we need to more efficiently export 'molecules of US freedom" we should gut environmental protections? sheesh

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Awwwww yeah.

This even trumps "Freedom Fries".

BRAVO!

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

This love affair with fossil fuels is also beating a dead horse. given that the levelized cost of renewable's is now at or below the cost of fossil fuels.

From Forbes

Renewable Energy Costs Take Another Tumble, Making Fossil Fuels Look More Expensive Than Ever

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Awwwww yeah.

BRAVO!

I wonder if I can talk my wife into the fact that my personal gas emissions are henceforth known as 'Freedom Gas" and if she protests she is a communist?

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Awwwww yeah.

BRAVO!

I wonder if I can talk my wife into the fact that my personal gas emissions are henceforth known as 'Freedom Gas" and if she protests she is a communist?

She's going to come for your guns if she doesn't like the term freedom gaa

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Right when I saw the title I though oh great we live in 2002 again.... Because all of that worked out so well.

It's starting to feel like the twilight zone.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Liquified Natural Gas (LNG)

Liquified Freedom Gas (LFG)

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   

This love affair with fossil fuels is also beating a dead horse. given that the levelized cost of renewable's is now at or below the cost of fossil fuels.

Renewable energy is going to have to be a good part of our mix if we want to plan for the future.

It baffles me that people fail to see that. Global warming and pollution aside, more countries are developing while population levels increase.

We can be ahead of the curve and self reliant, or dependent on others... Again.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Really?

How does fossil fuel contribute (or detract from) anything to do with freedom?

I suppose it is like the 'World Series', or like a soft drink we have whose 'tongue in cheek' advertising motto is: "World famous in New Zealand".

If the US wants to talk freedom, they shouldn't have the most massive incarceration rate or be the second last country in the world to abolish slavery. Now that is "freedom gas"!

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I remember something Trump said at one of those rallies a few years ago: paraphrase: "We have enough oil and gas and coal to last us two hundred years or so. We'll get it all out in about 5 years and export it big league and get rich."

Freedom!

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 10:53 PM
link   

"molecules of US freedom" 
I don't care who you are that is awesome.
That guy deserves a raise.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

"molecules of US freedom" 
I don't care who you are that is awesome.
That guy deserves a raise.

I agree 100% from now on when my wife complains about my farting, Ill simply claim its Freedom Gas!!!!!!

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Just curious, so when the world is able to harvest nitrogen, hydrogen, carbon dioxide, methane, and oxygen...

Can I call my fart freedom farts?!

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
Just curious, so when the world is able to harvest nitrogen, hydrogen, carbon dioxide, methane, and oxygen...

Can I call my fart freedom farts?!

Hey if its good enough for Rick Perry and the Trump administration, I'm gonna use it as an excuse to break wind whenever

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 11:52 PM
link   
The US is considering placing sanctions on EU firms who work with the Russians making a gas pipe line to Europe.
www.tellerreport.com...

The US want to sell this liquid gas (more expensive) to Europe instead so we can be free from Russia, hence the name freedom gass.

Hey US free the world from sanctions, it's taking away freedom! Don't putt your will on other country's with sanctions its like behaving like a dictator.
edit on 30-5-2019 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-5-2019 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Freedom gas is when you're sprinting along in the meadow on a breezy day and you crack a huge fart.

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Reading that, it almost makes me feel bad when I think about figures like 50L/100km...

new topics

top topics

join