It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion, the false promise of bringing you closer to God when it does the exact opposite.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParanormalGuy

originally posted by: BestinShow
a reply to: ParanormalGuy

If you have a true relationship with God you will know that there is no hell and that he.....

You gave “it” a gender. You are still tainted from the years of mental abuse stemming from organized religion, huh?

Only reason I wrote "he" is because it sounded good, I don't know which word to replace it with. A consciousness/soul has no gender, so no, I didn't mean to imply that God has a gender.

I have never been religious either, this is more about spirituality and the future spiritual revolution (trust me, it is coming).

I think it’s more like a spiritual ‘evolution’ that’s already in process and has been ever since the Big Bang.

It’s not ‘us’ that is becoming more aware, it’s the Universe. The multiverse. The ‘consciousness’ or the ‘Unified Field’.
The Universe is employing its own creation, evolution, to develop itself a higher life form through which it can experience itself. Fully.
On this planet we have one of possibly infinite developments the Universe has underway, the human.
I imagine the Universe puts it’s energy and conscious effort into the project with the most promise, which in all likelihood is probably not us.
But it may be, we’re at least aware of the possibility the Universe is conscious.
And we actively seek to explore the quantum mechanics that make up the fundamental particles which has lead us down a path that, thus far, shows us that a conscious universe may actually be the driving force behind all creation.

As humans evolve we will become more and more aware of what we really are, what the universe really is and then maybe, discover a purpose for it all.

I imagine we’ll be beaten to the punch by another species from elsewhere and then our evolutionary journey will stop and we’ll keep whatever conscious-state we reached at the time.

This is all just my opinion of course.

It’s just as likely some ancient prophet was right all along and we really should be stoning rape victims to death.

Each to his own ‘opinion’ when it comes to spirituality.

Until we can actively connect to one another in out of body experiences and relate that to real world applications, we won’t know either way.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic

I'm sorry, but my gibberish is a bit rusty, ...

I just realized the word "jibber-jabber" comes actually closer to what I was thinking about there. With the added bonus that it might not stick so much in someone's craw as the word "gibberish" might (unintendedly, having a bit of difficulty translating a Dutch expression I'm thinking of into English).

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

Have you seen or heard the world?

Or is there just sound and vision happening...... those that have eyes see.... those that have ears hear.

Do you believe the thoughts that speak of the world without consideration?

Is there an inner and outer to experience?

It may sound gibberish or jibber jabber to you but who cares?

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Do you think that jibber jabber is less offensive that gibberish?

Don't worry.... I am not offended.

But God might be!!!
edit on 4-6-2019 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 04:43 AM
link   

That's true. So true. Bravo!

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Of course it'd say that. The bible has been in the hands of people who do not have any qualms about twisting and changing things to benefit them for centuries. Hell, the bible it's self was made, editted, and codified by the council of Nicea.
edit on 7-6-2019 by HarbingerOfShadows because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   

The point is most religions speak of a Creator, that's how you get to know there possibly is one to find. That's all religion does. Furthermore there's some history, knowledge and wisdom.

When you submit to the book, and not to the God the book is referring to then you failed the purpose of the book and you might as well continue doing what other people tell you to do and not to do.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Often you find God in others and by abnegating selfishness.

To find God in you, you would have first to leave room for Him inside.

If you are full of yourself how can He be in there?

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

Religion speaks mostly of Salvation rather than creation.

Making creation a religion is different than religion being about creation.

Creation is the story of the beginning, as religion tells the story of the ending.
edit on 30-6-2019 by Falkner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: HarbingerOfShadows

Is the Bible the book or the word?

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Religion focuses on man's flaws. If you remove all the negatives, and warnings from the Bible, it becomes 70% smaller.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Religion focus on the souls destiny in relation to God. As bellow so above (not the other way around) it is the way we live our life on earth that will reflect the destiny awaiting our souls in the afterlife. Religion focus on that, the arrival point of the soul.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   

This is my first post here on ATS. My parents were both CIA. My father was a case officer and my mother an analyst. That is to say, I was not raised in a religious environment. Just the opposite. My parents were skeptical about everything. Reason was paramount.

Yet my first thought that I can remember was about the nature of God. I was about 4 or 5 and I still remember exactly where I was standing. I was looking out the window of my 2nd floor bedroom. I decided that God must be the sun. When an airplane flew by above the clouds I thought the sound of the engine was God speaking. `The sun is growling. Is God angry? I wondered.

One day I thought God was speaking in his great growling voice and then a plane appeared out of the clouds. `Oh - that's not God. It's a plane'. And I felt so foolish.

Atheists claim people who believe in God are cowards, afraid to die. Not true. Children don't worry about death. They love LIFE. Children naturally want to go higher faster deeper.

For years I worked with Sufis and Buddhists and Hindus. Not just reading books but intensive practice. And I was rewarded with experiences that made me realize that we Christians have been ROBBED. Robbed of the true spirituality and the POWERS that mankind is capable of.

The CHURCH doesn't teach SPIRITUALITY. It teaches head-bobbing, stand up - sit down, kneel RELIGION.

Jesus EMPOWERED people. "I am in my Father and my Father is in Me. These works that I do you can do also and greater works than these."

But `They' don't want us to know our own powers. Even though this knowledge has been available for thousands of years. Probably since the days of Atlantis.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join