It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion, the false promise of bringing you closer to God when it does the exact opposite.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

He believed adam and eve should not eat the forbidden fruit and we know what happened next so yes it must matter to god what people think.

What happened next?

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

Two sides of the same coin? In a world of duality you can't have one without the other.
How can you possibly know good without knowing it's opposite is my first thought.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Anyone else think that the forbidden fruit angle was a conditioning tool to keep people from looking in places of an occult and esoteric nature, as this information is a danger to organised religion.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

The forbidden fruit of good and evil is just the beginning of the illusion of duality.....really there is just what there is.... there's nothing other to compare it to.

Before and after do not exist.
Eden is always here now but the mind with knowledge lives in time....so is banished from the present.....seeking for what it arises in.

God is what is........ language and stories arise in God and make believe there is other.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Anybody that claims to know God is scary. The practice of religion does seem to have provided advantages in the evolution of human culture. I suppose some would disagree.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: rom12345

No one can know God..... All Knowing is God!

No man can see God and live.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

No one can know God..... All Knowing is God!

No man can see God and live.

How do you know this ?

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Because there is nothing separate... the knower and the known arise together as one.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

to know the truth
and to wield it
are two different things.

anyone who is not 1000000 scientist and shaman
should not pretend to dabble in the 'truth'
on their own accord.

edit on 00000061112611America/Chicago02 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Are you not the truth?

Without the seeing of these words.... could the words appear?

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Are you not the truth?

Without the seeing of these words.... could the words appear?

No, I am not the truth.
I wrote then while I was seeing them so there is a more natural progression of events.
I do love the supernatural though.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   

How would you like to be and feel so natural that it felt super?

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   

How would you like to be and feel so natural that it felt super?

Ok, how much ?

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 11:12 PM
link   

But the world is full of lies. And look now.... where is the world? Isn't the 'world ' just a concept?

No, "the world around you" (the phrase you were responding to) is not just a concept. It is a phrase or expression in the English language that we use to refer to the reality or realities around us, so not just a concept.

Look now and see if you can find anything other that what there actually is.......... without going to concepts about other.......

This is whole and complete.... this that actually IS is denied because thought says there is something else... something more..... something to be found.

This is it....... but that which believes it is separate will seek in time and space for completion and wholeness.

This is God..... there is no thing separate. Everything appears and disappears in God..... no apparent thing can appear outside God.

I'm sorry, but my gibberish is a bit rusty, I'll just try to stick to English and assume those who really want to understand the very common words and expressions that I'm using can do so easily and those who want to plug their own philosophies will do so anyway regardless of whether or not they understand (either my commentary or whatever they're 'selling' or arguing for for that matter). God is not everything, everything is not God. This philosophy described as Pantheism and its variant Panentheism (the belief or doctrine that God is greater than the universe and includes and interpenetrates it) comes from religious philosophers (and their spiritual father, their master if you will) that were opposed to God. It's one of those many lies the world is full of that you spoke of. I could go into more detail about how one can figure that out for themselves but I doubt you or anyone else here is interested in attempting to find out the truth of this matter. Some might even feel that you can't figure it out with certainty anyway, thinking that truth, especially the truth about this subject, is too elusive to grasp and/or relative rather than absolute. A misuse of the English language and demonstrating a form of agnosticism.

Are you sure there is a world 'around' you?

Yes, I'm sure the expression is correct to refer to the realities that exist around a person. I'm also sure that those realities exist. So there are realities around me literally* as well (*: in terms of spatial location). I have no desire or need for media- or system-programmed agnosticism and vagueness in any of its forms. Or for that matter, Bishop Berkeley's philosophy of immaterialism (the belief or philosophical theory that material things have no reality except as mental perceptions) that is making a resurgence amongst those talking about quantum mechanics with some variations involving phrases such as 'a need for an observer'. Reality exists just fine without an observer. Another religious philosophy that was re-popularized by someone high up the hierarchy of organized religion and what was back then still called "natural philosophy" (nowadays called "science"). You can also often spot it amongst those arguing that reality is just a persistent illusion or that the universe is a simulation or holographic (on ATS a user named neoholographic sometimes says something similar to Bishop Berkeley's argumentation for immaterialism, often inttermingled with quotations from scientists talking about quantum mechanics).

Isn't there just what is appearing always presently... and that includes that body/mind that you may have believed to be you?

Seems like an odd and possibly confusing way to phrase something (first part), I can think of a number of things that exist but do not appear directly to the human eye, but it's unclear if that's what you meant by "is appearing always presently" (appearing to human eyesight?). Anyway, since the question was rhetorical I'll leave it at that.
edit on 3-6-2019 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

He believed adam and eve should not eat the forbidden fruit and we know what happened next so yes it must matter to god what people think.

What happened next?

Well, in simple words explained, Adam mistook eve as/for God.
But if we understand that Adam, right before eve was made, has fallen in a deep sleep, then your question is justified: "What has really happened, next."

edit on 3/6/2019 by Hombre because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParanormalGuy
Sorry for saying this, but I don't think that getting to know God is something that you do through any religion. Actually I think that religions separate you from God! If you have a true relationship with God you will know that there is no hell and that he will love you and accept you no matter what you do in this confused human body.

Just go by personal experiences and "coincidences" to see if, via common sense, they get you closer to God / Mr Universe God etc.

If one chooses God via religion then it is very probable that visions and real events will verify that God actually does reside outside this dark Universe. This is how He knows the entire future of this planet. Similar to a programmer knowing what their program (simulation) will do next.

Oh, if you have ever argued with a negative entity, speaking Latin that you have never spoken in your entire life, then that pretty much verified to me that God, Yahushua, Bible, Rephaim is all true.

7 days later, 3 Jewish teenagers turned up, at the same spot where the argument occurred and asked "where is the nearest water body". You see, daemons reside near fresh water bodies. Like i said, unique experiences will get you closer to the enemy of daemons and that is God.

Hell exists. You just have not felt it yet. When you are an enemy of the nephilim, then God is your only protection.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

How do you know that God knows the future?

God is 'all knowing'...... God is aware of what is appearing/happening.
Is the future appearing/happening?

What is appearing is missed because there is a belief in time....... but what is there really?

What is seeing this that is appearing?
Can the seer ever be seen?
edit on 3-6-2019 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   

How do you know that God knows the future?

God is 'all knowing'...... God is aware of what is appearing/happening.
Is the future appearing/happening?

What is appearing is missed because there is a belief in time....... but what is there really?

God knows the future because either :-
1) He wrote it all as a Book / simulation and our universe is in His laboratory.
2) The elite wrote the book of lies and are programmed to obey every lie they wrote.
example: they said there would be 10 Horns so they forced every country to be merged into 10 supernations.

Those that did not comply were destroyed - Libya, Iraq etc

Either way, the Bible is coming true every day as we move closer towards the antichrists NWO.

The future only appears to us that do not know it.

"but what is there really?"
a test to see where we all want to end up. Everyone has a choice to decide where they want to go when their life ends here. Karma is a bitch - hint. i am certain all warmongers that die, end up being born into a warzone where they get bombed by their own weapons.

Who or what is a seer ?

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ParanormalGuy

Or religion is a concept created by man that doesn't really have anything to do with a higher power really. A concept I might add normally rational people demonize as some sort of magic.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: HarbingerOfShadows
It is true that people have created many religions that are based on the ideas of humans rather than those of God. But the Bible mentions that there is a “religion that is clean and undefiled from the standpoint of our God and Father.” (James 1:27, footnote) Pure, or true, religion comes from God.

James 1:27

The form of worship* [Or “religion.”] that is clean and undefiled from the standpoint of our God and Father is this: to look after orphans and widows in their tribulation, and to keep oneself without spot from the world.

James 4:4

Adulteresses, do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever, therefore, wants to be a friend of the world is making himself an enemy of God.

Religions based on human ideas are futile.​—Mark 7:7, 8:

7 It is in vain that they keep worshipping me, for they teach commands of men as doctrines.’ 8 You let go of the commandment of God and cling to the tradition of men.”

Religions whose teachings conflict with the Bible do indeed steer people away from God. More so, these type of false man-made religions, are actually a snare and a racket, a trap courtesy of “the god of this system of things” who “has blinded the minds of the unbelievers” and “is misleading the entire inhabited earth”. (2 Cor 4:4; Rev 12:9)

The fault however lies, not with all religion, but with false religion. A widely respected religious figure, Jesus Christ, indicated that false religion produces bad works, just as a “rotten tree produces worthless fruit.” (Matthew 7:15-17) One of those fruits is demonstrated in its attempt to be “a friend of the world” (James 4:4) by meddling in war and politics. Another is the spreading of false doctrines. For example, most religions teach that the soul or spirit is some invisible part of a human that survives the death of the physical body. By means of this teaching, many of these religions exploit their members, charging money to pray for departed souls. However, the Bible teaches a different doctrine. “The soul that is sinning​—it itself will die.” (Ezekiel 18:4) “The living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all.” (Ecclesiastes 9:5) Jesus taught that the dead will be resurrected​—an unnecessary action if humans had an immortal soul. (John 11:11-25)

One Myth Leads to Another (Myth 1: The Soul Is Immortal)

“LOOK out,” wrote the apostle Paul to Christians living in the latter half of the first century C.E. What was he warning against? “Perhaps there may be someone who will carry you off as his prey through the philosophy and empty deception according to the tradition of men.”​—Colossians 2:8.

Despite Paul’s warning, from the middle of the second century C.E., some Christians began using concepts borrowed from ancient philosophers in order to explain their beliefs. Why? They wanted to be accepted by the educated people of the Roman Empire and thus make more converts.

Justin Martyr, one of the most famous of these Christians, believed that God’s Spokesman had manifested himself to Greek philosophers long before the arrival of Jesus. According to Justin and like-minded teachers, the contribution of philosophy and mythology to Christianity made this form of religion truly universal.

Justin Martyr’s form of Christianity became very successful in gaining converts. However, the adoption of one myth led to the creation of others and produced what is now commonly believed to be Christian doctrine. To expose these myths, compare what the following reference works say with what the Bible actually teaches.

Source: One Myth Leads to Another (introduction page)

There are 6 myths discussed in that entire article, but that's just the tip of the iceberg. These are the other ones:

Myth 2: The Wicked Suffer in Hell
Myth 3: All Good People Go to Heaven
Myth 4: God Is a Trinity
Myth 5: Mary Is the Mother of God
Myth 6: God Approves of the Use of Images and Icons in Worship
edit on 4-6-2019 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join