It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Mueller's first statement about Russia probe

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
a reply to: shooterbrody

The job was to investigate collusion and obstruction..

The only end results that were possible were the two I listed.

Muller’s interpretation of the law was that no sitting president can be charged with any crime..

That means he could only come out and exonerate him, or compile the evidence for congress..

He couldn’t charge him before he was impeached..

He couldn’t say he was guilty before he was prosecuted..

And with no Americans colluding with Russians (as stated clearly by Mueller), then one has to ask what crime Trump could have obstructed. Perhaps you have an answer?

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

I will attempt to read the star report, but how can it make those claims before Clinton was even charged and found guilty??

Isn’t Clinton innocent until proven guilty in a court of law?!?!!

So for the DOJ to claim he was guilty without the accused getting their day in court seems like BS.

That leads me to believe that, No he couldn’t have said that.. ..

Your innocent until proven guilty.. trump hasn’t been prosecuted and found guilty..

He absolutely could not come out and say he was guilty..

He could only exonerate him, or compile evidence for congress to impeach him, then a later prosecutor to charge him.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

Read the Starr report and see how wrong you are.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Muller absolutely did not say that and he could have ..

Muller actually said “There was insufficient evidence to prosecute anyone for the larger scale collusion accusations “..

He could have said “there was zero evidence the trump campaign colluded”..

He said the most incriminating thing he was legally able to do.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

a reply to: shooterbrody

The job was to investigate collusion and obstruction..

The only end results that were possible were the two I listed.

Muller’s interpretation of the law was that no sitting president can be charged with any crime..

That means he could only come out and exonerate him, or compile the evidence for congress..

He couldn’t charge him before he was impeached..

He couldn’t say he was guilty before he was prosecuted..

And with no Americans colluding with Russians (as stated clearly by Mueller), then one has to ask what crime Trump could have obstructed. Perhaps you have an answer?

Also strange, but Mueller investigated Trump for over 2 years for a crime they knew they had no authority to indict.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSteppenwolf

His job wasn’t to indict..

It was to compile evidence so congress could impeach, if it decided to, and a later prosecutor could charge him.

No sitting president can be charged before impeachment.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I don't even think that was his job. It was A) to coverup the massive spying and DOJ abuse by Obama's admin and B) to ruin people who supported Trump in the past including all his legal attorney records.

They always knew there was no crime, that was the justification for the witch hunt.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   

His job wasn’t to indict..

It was to compile evidence so congress could impeach, if it decided to, and a later prosecutor could charge him.

No sitting president can be charged before impeachment.

His job was to investigate Russian Interference in the 2016 election and "any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation".

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   
It was an investigation into russian meddling. Which the report proved did happen.
Trump was just a part of that.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   

His report said that. Rosenstein and Barr both reiterated it, after talking with Mueller (Rosenstein was his boss, remember). No Americans colluded with Russia. If you disagree, please point to the indictment that disproves what they said.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

His report said that. Rosenstein and Barr both reiterated it, after talking with Mueller (Rosenstein was his boss, remember). No Americans colluded with Russia. If you disagree, please point to the indictment that disproves what they said.

Wait... does that mean Obama could have colluded?

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
It was an investigation into russian meddling. Which the report proved did happen.
Trump was just a part of that.

It proved nothing. He cited indictments. It just reiterated what was already claimed and never proven in court. He even said the IRA was a private company, not an arm of the Russian government.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   

a reply to: Lumenari

Yes...

It is DOJ policy that any president must be impeached before being charged..

All Muller could do to Trump was Exonerate him, or say “here is the evidence. It is up to you congress to take action “..

He did the second one..

~sigh~

Mueller's job was to see if there was enough evidence to convict.

If a conviction was possible then it's impeachment time.

It is not a prosecutor's job to "exonerate" anyone.

He did not find enough evidence to recommend impeachment.

So what will the left impeach Trump for?

Any grounds besides "we don't like it that we lost an election"?

I really hope they start the impeachment process.

All that's going to do is ensure further Democratic losses.

So please PLEASE impeach!!!

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   

My interpretation after reading the entire report for myself is obviously different than yours.

Did you read all 400 pages? Did you look up the legal words and phrases that you didn't understand?

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   

a reply to: RadioRobert

I will attempt to read the star report, but how can it make those claims before Clinton was even charged and found guilty??

Prosecutors frequently accuse people of crimes. When there is sufficient evidence! Ever read a charging document (indictment)?

The entire purpose of the Special Prosecutor/Counsel is to take those decisions away from the chain of command at the DOJ. That's it.

The OLC policy prevents a formal indictment of a sitting President in the courts. It does not prevent the Special Counsel from making a prosecutorial decision or determination that they have sufficient evidence a crime was committed-- in fact, that's the only reason to have have a Special Counsel-- to determine whether or not sufficient evidence exists to suggest a crime was committed, in an investigation independent from the DOJ!

That leads me to believe that, No he couldn’t have said that.. ..

Well, you could choose to educate yourself and read it as a freely available public document, or continue to put your fingers in your ears and call me liar.

Up to you, I guess...
edit on 29-5-2019 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

My interpretation after reading the entire report for myself is obviously different than yours.

Did you read all 400 pages? Did you look up the legal words and phrases that you didn't understand?

If you read the whole thing, surely you noticed that Mueller cited his own indictments to "prove" Russia's meddling. But you continue pretending an indictment is proof.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I don't understand why people misread the report?

No collusion.
Evidence of what can be called obstruction.
Russia did meddle.

That's what the report shows.

My belief is that most people that read it and can think for themselves will feel the same as I do.
Impeachment with just a year and a half would be a time waster.
The repubs that are firmly on team trump will not vote against him.

The american people are not stupid. We have the report and now we have mullers own words.
The congress and potus should get back to work and just let the american people decide in 2020.

We now have all the information we need. Plus We will soon have even more info because judges are underacting more parts of the report. Judges are ruling that trumps taxes will be looked at, judges are allowing congress and the media to see underling research reports of the muller report.

Let the american people decide in 2020 and get back to work !!!

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

So does the DOJ. oh well guess we cant count on them so we will have to count on congress.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   

But you continue pretending an indictment is proof.

Quote me saying that this is my reason for believing that russia interfered?

As for what my reasons are, you read the report so you already know my reasons. You've already made up your mind.

Like I said we have a different opinion about what it says.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   
So,

'Hoax and Witch hunt' that was Trump's cry from his heart now becomes, 'Innnnnnnsuffficent evidence' in the oligarch's latest twit...straight out of his arse....and it still is clearly a distortion of what Mueller has said.
This is so pathetic people!
America needs someone decent to lead the country, not this example of unstable mafiosa, don't stick up for Trump anymore, and look to your own values that must surely be miles better than anything Trump has.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join