It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Mueller's first statement about Russia probe

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: CriticalStinker

They literally couldn't charge him even if they had an open and shut case.
That's wrong.

If Mueller had evidence, they would identify and recommend, thus letting DOJ and OLC determine based off policy for a sitting President.

This didm't happen.

In otherwirds this was a politicized case from the start, designed to hurt and harrass the POTUS. Even his office had to issue guidlines about the media getting it wrong.

So much so that Mueller is resigning, retiring and going back to private life.

The Dems can do what they want, but at a severe cost and the senate has already said they will squash any and all impeachment proceedings.
edit on 29-5-2019 by Arnie123 because: Heh

edit on 29-5-2019 by Arnie123 because: Hehehe

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

so much for that fairness

I agree with this part.

He literally above the law.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert
a reply to: Grimpachi

"I'm not sure he is innocent" has never been a legal threshold for criminality in this country.

Bob Mueller is working with President Trump. He wants the House to start impeachment proceedings.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   

He literally above the law.

guess you dont understand the constitution after all?
your pelosi led dems can impeach him
guess they dont have the stones?

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

"I'm not sure he is innocent" has never been a legal threshold for criminality in this country.

Bob Mueller is working with President Trump. He wants the House to start impeachment proceedings.

Oh yeah? His report read like a NYT op-ed: full of gossip and palace intrigue.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Bueller has laid and set the traps.

Democrats will sneak in and trip the levers 💥😎💥

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Congress has the power to do something about it. I don't think anyone can force him to resign. I am not aware of any law that states a group can force resignation. Congress can make it so resignation is a better option than sticking around.

Sorry, you're right... This is Trump we're talking about and if writing was on the wall and resignation helped him out he still wouldn't do it.

That said my point on not being able to charge a sitting president doesn't mean they're without options.

So why would Mueller not say if there were crimes they are confident they could prove?

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
Mueller: If we had confidence Trump didn't commit a crime, we would have said so

Literally everyone with two brain cells: If Trump had committed a crime, he would've been charged.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

No he wouldn’t..

Concerning the president Muller only has 2 options..

1) Exonerate him..

2) Collect evidence and present it to congress so they could decide about impeachment.

The DOJ had already previously decided any president must be impeached before he is charged with any crime.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

So why would Mueller not say if there were crimes they are confident they could prove?

At 5:48 in the vid I think that answers the question.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Seems like the most important things he said were.

A. If we had confidence Trump didn't commit a crime, we would have said so.

B. Doj policy does not allow for the indictment of a sitting president.

C. Russians did and still are interfering in our elections.

Sounds like muller is telling the congress to go forward with impeachment or at least that he believes that is the only legal path.
edit on 29-5-2019 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

Concerning the president Muller only has 2 options.. 1) Exonerate him.. 2) Collect evidence and present it to congress so they could decide about impeachment.

perhaps you should research the special council procedure prior to posting
what you posted is in no way the special councils job

link   
a reply to: vinifalou

No president can be charged..

Trump or not.. any president must be impeached, then charged.

The Muller report did the worst it could to trump.. did not exonerate him and compiled the evidence against him to present to congress.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   
If you’re looking for some Wednesday afternoon entertainment, go to reddit, find the “politics” subreddit and there you’ll find the main thread on today’s announcement. Watch a total melt down happen right in front of you with your own eyes. Bring some popcorn in advance, maybe even use the bathroom so you don’t get interrupted.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

The Muller report did the worst it could to trump.. did not exonerate him and compiled the evidence against him to present to congress.

is that the same evidence of no crime?

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
a reply to: Arnie123

No he wouldn’t..

Concerning the president Muller only has 2 options..

1) Exonerate him..

2) Collect evidence and present it to congress so they could decide about impeachment.

The DOJ had already previously decided any president must be impeached before he is charged with any crime.

False.

Muellers concluded, no collusion. Fact.

That was the whole premise that started it, but SMART people really knew the Dems plan, Obstruction.

Like puppets, we already knew how the strings were pulling and lo and behold, the Dems not caring on Collusion, rather, now reaching for obstruction.

Mueller and his team couldn't come to a conclusion on it, thus leaving that task to the AG, Barr.

In concert with RR and an overwhelmingly cooperative WH, determined that obstruction was not there, thus no merit to it.

Your point "2" is the result of the Mueller report and that's it, he is resigning, retiring and going back to private life.

You people blew it.

Now the House can push for impeachment, it'll ruin them.

The senate will squash impreachment.

Check mate.
edit on 29-5-2019 by Arnie123 because: Hmmm

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   

No. It could have concluded the President committed a crime instead of saying, "Accordingly, while this report does not conclude the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him". That's the worst thing it could have done to Trump.

Go read the Starr report and the absolute lack of weaseling. "The President obstructed Justice..." " the President lied under oath... " "The President improperly influenced a witness with corrupt intent.."

That would be the worst thing it could have done. Not "Well, we aren't convinced he's innocent"...

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   

At 5:48 in the vid I think that answers the question.

I have read articles as I'm at work, but decided to sneak away to watch most of the clip in that time range per your request.

I can certainly see where you're coming from, and I can't say you're completely wrong with confidence. My opinion is that there would have to be some avenue for them to go through other than sitting on their hands if they were sure of their findings. But I've been wrong before, and may very well be now.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   

You should continue to quote Mueller so you know what he said:

He added, “Those were the principles under which we operated. And from them, we concluded that we would not reach a determination one way or the other about whether the president committed a crime.

He said "would not", not "could not".

ETA: from a bit later in his speech:

Mueller said, “There has been discussion about an appearance before Congress. Any testimony from this office would not go beyond our report. It contains our findings and analysis and the reasons for the decisions we made. We chose those words carefully, and the work speaks for itself.

edit on 5/29/2019 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

The job was to investigate collusion and obstruction..

The only end results that were possible were the two I listed.

Muller’s interpretation of the law was that no sitting president can be charged with any crime..

That means he could only come out and exonerate him, or compile the evidence for congress..

He couldn’t charge him before he was impeached..

He couldn’t say he was guilty before he was prosecuted..

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join