It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Mueller's first statement about Russia probe

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

"If we were clear the president had NOT committed a crime we would have said so"

For those who are acting retarded, that means there IS evidence that the president committed a crime.

Trump theme song.

I think it is all just indicative of how far our country has fallen Nothing I or much of anyone can do about it. The two party system is what it is. Nether choice is a good choice. Even though Trump sucks he isn't Hillary.
edit on 29-5-2019 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Sure. It's in the report. Along with some alternative innocent explanations of the same evidence which do not involve corrupt intent required by the statute... A long way from, "we've got some evidence" to "let's take this to trial".

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

"If we were clear the president had NOT committed a crime we would have said so"

For those who are retarded, that means there IS evidence that the president committed a crime.

Eh, I doubt Mueller would give up the opportunity to finish his law career by taking down a sitting president.

The only way I think he'd sit on evidence of a crime is if it was a campaign finance infraction.... God knows that's something both parties are willing to sit on hands for. They don't want you going and messing it up for everyone.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   

In his statement, Mueller said his office could not bring criminal charges against the president because the team believed it to be unconstitutional. “If we had had confidence that the president had clearly not committed a crime, we would have said so,” said Mueller, adding, “Charging the president with a crime is not an option we could consider.” "It would be unfair to potentially accuse somebody of a crime when there can be no court resolution of the actual charge,” said Mueller, further explaining the reasoning. Mueller announced that he was officially resigning from the Department of Justice and returning to private life. He said this was his final statement on the matter, and any testimony he might give to Congress would not go beyond what was in the report.

Bout time!

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

For the first half of his statement, he stressed that there was enough evidence of Russian interference.
That there was not enough to find collusion
That there was too much to not exonerate the president
That do to DOJ policy the DOJ would not indite the a sitting president
And like Porky Pig,,,,,,,ttttttthats all folks.

Clearly his public statement has an entirely different emphasis on the report than the spin put on it by Barrs four page summation. But as he was the head of the investigation is it not reasonable to accept his emphasis rather than Barrs?

edit on 31America/ChicagoWed, 29 May 2019 11:42:58 -0500Wed, 29 May 2019 11:42:58 -050019052019-05-29T11:42:58-05:001100000042 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

They literally couldn't charge him even if they had an open and shut case.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   

So then why was the president EVER under investigation?
Smearing him with the investigation is the only reason.

Nothing more than a political op against someone they didn't like.

The dems are letting you down and have been by not impeaching trump first thing since they took office.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Not while he's a sitting president, but that doesn't mean there aren't different avenues on addressing it. You could force him to resign like Nixon, and have a state DA go after him so a pardon doesn't shield him.

Could it really be that they just didn't have enough evidence to prove a crime worth a damn?

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Go to the video at 5:30 and you will have your answer.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Congress has the power to do something about it. I don't think anyone can force him to resign. I am not aware of any law that states a group can force resignation. Congress can make it so resignation is a better option than sticking around.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Could it really be that they just didn't have enough evidence to prove a crime worth a damn?

oh they could never admit that.....

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Yes...

It is DOJ policy that any president must be impeached before being charged..

All Muller could do to Trump was Exonerate him, or say “here is the evidence. It is up to you congress to take action “..

He did the second one..

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   

yeah and with no americans being charged that is really kind of flat is it not?

so just the smear then?

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

yeah and with no americans being charged that is really kind of flat is it not?

so just the smear then?

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Lol..

After trump has spent weeks running around pretending the report exonerated him.. I have no idea how anyone can pretend this looks good for him..

This is Muller saying “I absolutely did not exonerate him... I did the opposite..”

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   

"I'm not sure he is innocent" has never been a legal threshold for criminality in this country.

link   

so much for that fairness and innocent until proven guilty stuff he also said....right?

and the "we cant charge" stuff as well....

so just the political smear then.....thats all you got?

good luck with that
it will be remembered nov 2020

link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

So what do you think the chances are Trump will be impeached?

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   

For those who are acting retarded, that means there IS evidence that the president committed a crime.

What kind of logic is that?

Retarded logic.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena
a reply to: LDragonFire

It is not the criminal justice system's job to charge a sitting President.
Constitution Article 1: Oh yeah, Impeachment by House of Representatives.

It isn't up to AG or anyone else in the Executive Branch.
Read the 448 page Report.

Congress do your job!!!

Russian interference is not a hoax!!!

It also isn't really worth all the hoopla surrounding it either. Russia favored Trump because they viewed Hillary as a sociopath guess what so did the majority of America. Read the e-mails she deserve to be in jail for what was in them but no one talks about that EVER!!!!! What about Seth Rich???? Are you ok with the 187 put out by Waserfuch on him? Are you ok with the killing of a concerned citizen who was killed by those he was exposing because they are sick and deranged who do not give 2 sh!ts about you??? Orange man bad yea but the devil of the Demonrats was far worse so if Russia helped Trump get elected over an alleged member of a coven that eats kids and thank you Russia thank you very much Still no new wars either is that a bad thing no war with Ssyria Russia France or Iran etc why because we do not have a war mongering sadistic slime bag who was too corrupt to be on the Warren commission for president TYhank you Russia for saving us from a demonic succubus who laughs while kids get sexually assaulted whose role model was a former grand wizard of the kkk (it is the democrats so I guess racism is a given considering there history. Aren't they running creepy Joe the not in my backyard racist who did nothing but hinder Obummer the worthless from actually helping minorities.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join