It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mueller plays his hand, pushes for impeachment.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: xuenchen

Did Bob Mueller mention how President Obama tried to stop Russian intervention into our elections, by telling them to "cut it out!"?

Their answer was: "we'll have more leverage after the elections" 😎

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   
So is this the reason for mueller out of nowhere today?
www.commdiginews.com...
WASHINGTON, DC: The Obama White House used the most sensitive intrusive surveillance systems of the NSA to spy on Americans.  A ruling by FISA Court Presiding Judge Rosemary Collyer finds that 85% of NSA database requests under FISA section 702 authority at the DOJ were illegal or noncompliant. Surveillance systems, including PRISM, spying on hundreds if not thousands of Americans.  Including Donald Trump and those around him
The cat is out of the bag.
The jig is up.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: xuenchen

a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

He obstructed, mostly unsuccessfully according the Mueller report, the investigation itself.

Unsuccessful obstruction proves Innocence doesn't it 😎

In what world?

The Legal World 🤣

Nope. Plenty of stupid criminals that tried, but failed, to commit crimes are sitting in jails.

Yes of course Congresswoman, we understand 😎

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

That's old news, came out in 2017.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Myrtales Instinct
I'm not here to bicker with you guys/gals. I respect everyone's opinion. But I am one of the 53 million who voted against the man. That number has only increased since the last election. See you in 2020. With that I bow out.

That's interesting because I know more people now than I did in 2016 who have told me they should have voted for Trump.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGoondockSaint

The polling data confirms this. In fact, more people today think trump has presidential qualities, than did when he was elected.
edit on 29-5-2019 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Bribery, in that case was obstruction of justice. They were one in the same. Threatening someone who is a witness, an investigator, a juror or an officer of the court equals obstruction of justice.

If you have a friend that the police are investigating for shooting someone with a Colt 44, and you know that your friend has a Colt 44, so you go and steal it, so the police don't find it, that's obstruction of justice. If the police find the gun in your possession, and find that it's not the gun used in a crime, your crime of obstruction doesn't go away.

If you get stopped for speeding, and try to pay the officer with off with a handful of cash, and he refuses, you're still guilty of trying to bribe an officer, and obstructing justice.

edit on 29-5-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

But again, there was no underlying crime.

To make your analogy fit let me edit it:

If you have a friend that the police are investigating for shooting someone with a Colt 44, and you know that your friend has a Colt 44, so you go and steal it, so the police don't find it, that's obstruction of justice. If the police find the gun in your possession, and then find that no one was shot, your crime of obstruction goes away. As there was no original crime.

But more importantly, your analogy doesn't fit because hiding evidence is illegal to begin with. Again, the action taken has to have been illegal. Trump took no illegal actions.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   

You keep talking about the crime though which presumes that Colt was used to do something illegal like an armed robbery or a murder or something.

So basically, let's say the police are investigating armed robbery. They know a Colt 44 was used in the crime. They suspect your friend had something to do with it, and you know he has a Colt 44, so you take his gun to keep him from being convicted because you think his was the gun from the crime. Even if his gun wasn't the one that was used, sure it could be obstruction if they need to investigate your friend for the crime.

But the key here is that there was always a crime being investigated.

In this case. THERE WAS NO COLLUSION. There is no crime. There is nothing to obstruct.

A better analogy would be if they discovered the robbery they were investigating didn't happen, say like a certain hate crime reported by a certain actor. If the police picked up a homeless man seen in a surveillance video and he made angry statements about being hassled, could they convict him of obstructing justice for a crime that never happened and he knew nothing about?

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Just to add, the scenario implies a conscience of guilt (the friend believes his buddy's gun was used) as well as illegal activities (spoliation of evidence), both of those are absent in this case. There is zero case for obstruction.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Again, I think the best conclusion for the evidence of obstruction is that any of the pieces of evidence could be taken as a crotchety man bearing up under investigation with really poor grace or as someone getting in the way. But as they can easily be seen as either one, without a clear, smoking gun piece of evidence, there is no way to really built a good case you could take to court.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   

In this case. THERE WAS NO COLLUSION. There is no crime. There is nothing to obstruct.

Mueller said that they didn't investigate "collusion" because collusion isn't a crime. They investigated the interaction between the Russians and members of Trump's campaign and associates. Basically, Mueller found Don Jr guilty, but gave him a mulligan because he was probably just too dumb to know that what he was doing was illegal. LOL

But, make no mistake, there was a crime, and that crime was Russia meddling in our election, for the benefit of their candidate Donald Trump. The Trump campaign knew it and welcomed their interference, according to the Mueller report, and did nothing to condemn it. Members of his campaign and associates were in friendly contact with powerful Russians, knowing that the Russians hacked DNC computers and were responsible for the illegal Wikileaks documents.

Donald Trump himself was engaged in a real estate deal for a Trump Tower in Moscow, and was lying to the American people about it. Russia knew he was lying, therefore, Trump could easily have been compromised, even if he wasn't actively conspiring to steal an election.

Trump may be out of the woods on conspiracy charges, but Congress could still find him guilty of high crimes and misdemeanors, based on his actions documented in the Mueller report, including obstruction of justice.

But, don't take it from me! Take it from Lindsey Graham.

edit on 29-5-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Mueller was charged to investigate whether or not Trump conspired or colluded with the Russians to win the election, and they found no evidence of that.

There is no crime. Give. It. Up.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I beg them to. Please impeach, dems, please waste your time for the next 15 months and show the American people that you care more about "getting trump" than you care about any real issues facing the country.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   

It is dated today
Cases from 19 snd 18
Its not from 17

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   

The ruling you quoted and bolded came out in 2017. Some of the other stuff in the article is more recent though.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Mueller was charged to investigate whether or not Trump conspired or colluded with the Russians to win the election, and they found no evidence of that.

That's not what Mueller said today.

Two years ago, the Acting Attorney General asked me to serve as Special Counsel, and he created the Special Counsel's Office.
The appointment order directed the office to investigate Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election. This included investigating any links or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the Trump campaign.
……….....
The indictments allege, and the other activities in our report describe, efforts to interfere in our political system. They needed to be investigated and understood. That is among the reasons why the Department of Justice established our office.

That is also a reason we investigated efforts to obstruct the investigation. The matters we investigated were of paramount importance. It was critical for us to obtain full and accurate information from every person we questioned. When a subject of an investigation obstructs that investigation or lies to investigators, it strikes at the core of the government's effort to find the truth and hold wrongdoers accountable.
……………
The first volume of the report details numerous efforts emanating from Russia to influence the election. This volume includes a discussion of the Trump campaign's response to this activity, as well as our conclusion that there was insufficient evidence to charge a broader conspiracy.

And in the second volume, the report describes the results and analysis of our obstruction of justice investigation involving the President.

The order appointing me Special Counsel authorized us to investigate actions that could obstruct the investigation.
www.cnn.com...

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Mueller briefed AG Barr last night, and took 9 minutes to say nothing new today, of consequence. I got a headache listening the MSM, Hannity, Limbaugh speak for many hours about a 9 minute statement. I'll be glad when this day is over!

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Moreover, when impeachment proceedings begin, all House Members are "fair game" for whatever evidence the Administration wants to produce against any Congressman/woman who's out to get the President. (That will be YUGE!)

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Imo the lack of disagreement with barr is all I needed to hear.
No one charged is also telling.

Trump is the ultimate one man gang.
Pulling off all this with no help./sarc.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join