It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mueller plays his hand, pushes for impeachment.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

At one point in time I requested that certain portions of the report be released. The Attorney General preferred to make the entire report public all at once. We appreciate that the Attorney General made the report largely public. I do not question the Attorney General's good faith in that decision.

none of which points to ANY issue with barrs handling or decision

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

It couldn't be plainer, stated by Mueller himself: indictment could not be considered.

This means what it says: that it could not be considered. Full stop. That is where it ends. It does not insinuate that were it able to be considered, an indictment would happen. Simply that it could not be considered.

When I don't consider something, I don't bother even thinking about it. Because that is what the word means.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Whelp, this was a fun ride.

It is done.

Now back to work and looking forward to a 2020 Trump Presidency.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

So, why did you point to it and say that Mueller appreciated Barr stating that the report said there was "no obstruction"?

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I think Mueller is tired of all the smoke and mirrors. It's a rather simple thing to understand: the sitting President, any sitting President, cannot be charged under criminal law. Doing so would break the separation of powers.

Imagine this scenario: a President decides he wants a particular piece of legislation passed. For the sake of argument, let's say it outlawed blue cakes. The Congress doesn't want to pass it. So the President can, using he FBI and DoJ, effectively harass the members of Congress who are against outlawing blue cakes. Since the DC police are pretty close friends with the FBI/DoJ, they can be followed, spied on, ticketed every time they jaywalk, traffic stopped and ticketed for going 2 mph over the limit, stopped and searched every time they stick their noses out of their homes... and that would be illegal. By the same token, say Congress wants to outlaw blue cakes, but the President doesn't... neither can Congress attack the President without just cause.

But in this case, that is exactly what they are doing.

Mueller basically said what was in his report. It appears to me that he did this whole speech for one reason and one reason only: to explain to Congress that if they want the President indicted, it's not his job... it's not the DoJ's job... it's the House of Representative's job. In plain simple terms: "Get off your collective rears and do something besides bother me!"

He was hired top provide proof that Trump conspired to throw the election and that Trump tried to obstruct the investigation. Had he done so, there would have been an impeachment vote the same day the report was released. He didn't provide enough proof, though, so the House is wallowing around like a pig in slop trying to figure out what to do.

They can charge the President by impeaching him... which means the matter will go to the Senate, where cooler heads prevail. Trump can be impeached, but without some evidence, he will not be removed from office. Shades of Bill Clinton! Anyone remember what happened to the GOP Congress when they did it to him?

Or, they can drop it. Insufficient evidence. Let it go.

The one thing they cannot do, per the Constitution, is continue endless investigations into the sitting President over political reasons. That is exactly what they are trying to do, though, and the people are seeing it. I don't care what someone thinks of Donald Trump... if you support this continual investigative nonsense, you are supporting the police hounding you forever should you ever be accused of anything.

That's not a country I want to live in. That is Iran... Myanmar... Pakistan... you want to live like that, move there.

This was nothing more than Mueller explaining that to the children presently running the US House of Representatives.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   
It just feels like most every Republican in office is guilty of obstruction. Mueller did his job and gathered the evidence. He found multiple instances of obstruction and has handed Congress the FACTS. It's now up to them to do their job for the People of the United States, as to what is constitutionally expected of them.

It's all political. This sh..... crap started back when Obama was still in office and they blocked his nominee for the Supreme Court. I surely don't have a short memory. Trump is by far the worst president we have ever had. He inherited this booming economy and he is a disgusting womanizer. I felt the same way about Bill Clinton (didn't vote for him either).

It's just a shame Republican Senators can't be recalled. They can be expelled for not doing their job, but it requires 2/3rds of the Senate to oust them. The only thing I can think of is to get signatures in their own sectors, for the ones who have their fingers in their ears ( like Lindsey Graham). Surely there are enough people like myself ready to tip the scales in favor of justice.

Justice will eventually prevail. And I can't wait.
edit on 29-5-2019 by Myrtales Instinct because: I was on a roll and made mistakes in my SPELLING

edit on 29-5-2019 by Myrtales Instinct because: I was on a roll and made mistakes in my SPELLING

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

yup, bring on impeachment!

I think giving Trump a chance to counter some of this would be a nice change. After all, in an impeachment hearing, both sides would get to present their sides, correct? We already know the left's side. So the only thing that could be a surprise would be Trump's testimony

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

The man who covered up 911 doesn't really matter to me much anyways. He is nothing but a political schill whose last name is the same as Nazi Heirreich (SP0) Mueller. So there is that is he tied to Nazi's is that where it goes next. The true existential threat of not only this country but the world??? I gotta get off here for today too much utter garbage being spewed about nothing. Build the wall not because its racist but it will help protect us from the countries we have been exploiting for decades (also where all the Nazi's including allegedly Hitler went after the war) Time to wake up to reality America FTR isn't a unified Europe part of herr Hitlers dream and isn't that exactly what is in place right now? Bye

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I bump around Right and Left wing media outlets. Both are saying the Muller testimony clearly proves their point of view on Trump Obstruction.

That tells me there is nothing new here.
edit on 29-5-2019 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I missed the part where muller said he had an issue with ANYTHING barr has done.
I did see the part in which muller said he appreciated what barr had done acting in good faith.

Or is mueller incapable of describing his disagreement with the AG's decision?

Until muller says that, this imo is over.
Muller in no way today put any daylight between his report and the AG's decision.

unless you can point me to something muller stated otherwise

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Myrtales Instinct
Trump is by far the worst president we have ever had. He inherited this booming economy

wow. I bet he used his magic wand to do that.
TDS, there is hope, seek help.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

This means what it says: that it could not be considered. Full stop. That is where it ends.

Nope. That's not where it ends. It ends in Congress, one way or the other.

And second, the opinion says that the Constitution requires a process other than the criminal justice system to formally accuse a sitting President of wrongdoing.

Mueller clearly, in his report, kicked this issue of obstruction of justice over to Congress. It's all in volume 2 of his report.

edit on 29-5-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I missed the part where muller said he had an issue with ANYTHING barr has done.

That's not what you said. You said that Mueller "appreciated" that Barr stated that the report said there was "no obstruction", "No collusion". You were incorrect. Just admit it.

edit on 29-5-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Myrtales Instinct

All except for the problem of "Insufficient Evidence" and the lack of charges rendered upon any co-conspirators

💥🤣💥🧞‍♂️🤦‍♀️

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

You probably do! Look at that icon you have. I'm not here to sling mud at you. My opinions are equally of value.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

can you tell me what he obstructed? There was no crime...so what exactly did he obstruct? And how?

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

He obstructed, mostly unsuccessfully according the Mueller report, the investigation itself.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Myrtales Instinct

All except for the problem of "Insufficient Evidence" and the lack of charges rendered upon any co-conspirators

💥🤣💥🧞‍♂️🤦‍♀️

Co-conspirators were smart enough to tell him they couldn't do this or that. Those that surround him were way smarter than he is.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

He defended himself, legally. Just like you would do if accused of a crime you didn't commit.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I'm not here to bicker with you guys/gals. I respect everyone's opinion. But I am one of the 53 million who voted against the man. That number has only increased since the last election. See you in 2020. With that I bow out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join