It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SLIders and the Streetlight Phenomenon

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: S777S

Yup, thats the phenomenon right there. If its just a single light, and the same light every time, it can probably be explained through more "mundane" explanations.

My own record was something in the high 30s. It was interesting to see them turn off ahead of me and my friend, then turn back on as we got further away. We eventually ran out of road, but it seems it was on a roll that time.

Drove around a lot back then, not so much any more.. Kind of miss that, actually.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   
There's also the possibility that the light reflected from the car (or the car's own headlights) illuminates the area enough that the photocell thinks the sun is coming up and it turns off the lights. You never see them turn ON, do you?

Streetlights also have heat monitors to keep them from burning out. If you take into account the number of streetlights that you pass by when you're driving, it makes sense that at least a few of them will go into the off / cooldown mode as you're doing it.

Also, vampires.
edit on 29-5-2019 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

I definitely have seen them turn on, but that could just as easily have an easy explanation.

In my case above, we tried replicating it pretty extensively, both that night and over time. Including taking note of lane position, oncoming traffic (generally very little in this case), high beams, etc.

I think when combined with the other aspects that are frequently mentioned, it starts to make a compelling case for something happening.

Its been more of a hassle than anything, but sometimes has created some neat experiences.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody
Are you RHneg blood type?

Yes.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I can control it with compliant lights.Have shut down street lights for a mile....in a stressful moment.

Its hard to prove until you can instantly repeat it a few times....lol...diaphragm controlled breathing helps.

I used to freak out friends and strangers especially people from India....took videos...had fun....then learned how expensive CPUs are for your car.Posting online brought strange Vans for 2 years straight....same parking stalls surrounded by compliant lights ..24/7/365.
edit on 29-5-2019 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: acrux

I have had similar problems with hotel card keys. I went back seven times once before my key would work for my room. Strange indeed.

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: acrux

Back in 2000 to 2001 I was walking a dark path in my life. This is when I had noticed the street lights turn off before I went under it. It would also turn back on after I had passed. It's not something I have noticed happening in recent years though. God be with you.

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 02:19 AM
link   
The old streetlamp thing. It happens to me but only when something is bothering me, certainly can't do it on command. Back in the mid 80s there was a few of us among my friends who could do it. One of my pals was far better at it than anyone else. We could walk along a street and every single lamppost would go out one by one. I remember we didn't really think it was all that amazing. Pretty useless but cool skill we all thought, that was about it..however

Once something very strange happened and to this day I still can't explain it. There was myself and another friend, we were breaking into a facility to steal some 'goodies' and it went wrong in a big way. Silent alarm cops with torches popping up like ninjas and no escape wrong. I got away and it made no sense. The cops could not see me. They shone light right on me and were 3 feet away from me and just looked through me like I wasn't there. I was to all intents and purposes, invisible.

I basically just slowly walked away and once out of sight of them I ran like #. My friend got busted, I got away. Just like the SLI thing though I can't do it on command and that is the one and only time I've been able to do that. I surmise it's some kind of old animal instinct psy power type thing only triggered by extreme danger.

My other friend who was very skilled at knocking out lights could do some other weird # like hold a piece of red hot coal in his hands and not get burnt and some almost gravity defying acrobatics and stunts, almost like a Jedi out of Star Wars could do. Go figure !
edit on 30-5-2019 by angus1745 because: Spelling

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I have the ability to disrupt radio reception. I turn the knob. Lol

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar
a reply to: acrux The weirdest is when people try to mess with me; I had a s/v (who I once liked) start to harass me at work; one day after she was particularly mean the mirror in the bathroom blew up in her face. Call it Karma or whatever, but I had a good laugh.
Wow, I hope I never upset you.

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: leolady
No I have never noticed an effect on people themselves.
An electrical vampire of sortgs.

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody
Are you RHneg blood type?
No. O-type

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: angus1745
My other friend who was very skilled at knocking out lights could do some other weird # like hold a piece of red hot coal in his hands and not get burnt and some almost gravity defying acrobatics and stunts, almost like a Jedi out of Star Wars could do. Go figure !
Holding hot coals would be impressive.
I always wanted force lightning. Does that make me a wanabe Sith.

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: angus1745
The hot coal trick is to have a couple long fingernails. Used to love watching people burn themselves trying to copy me for some reason and oddly enough still find it funny looking back on it.
Alwayss figured the streetlight phenomenon was due to my protecting angels, but if it effects somebody dumb enough to actually try to pick up hot coals maybe not ;p

The rh factor was interesting...any research in that direction I may have missed?

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: acrux

originally posted by: KTemplar
a reply to: acrux The weirdest is when people try to mess with me; I had a s/v (who I once liked) start to harass me at work; one day after she was particularly mean the mirror in the bathroom blew up in her face. Call it Karma or whatever, but I had a good laugh.
Wow, I hope I never upset you.

It takes a lot to upset me, and the mirror exploding could have been anything I suppose; but I have managed to get out of some life endangering situations with what seems to be miraculous intervention.

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Street lights? Yup. Used to be so regular that I would laugh out loud!

But the phenomena has died down over the years.

Here is something similar, though, that happens to me all the time. You know those motion detectors that turn on the lights in the bathroom? Or open the sliding doors at shopping stores? Instead of turning on the lights, it will shut them off on me! Or I have to do a little dance or arm waving to get the doors to slide open (I'll turn and watch it work fine on the next person or two!). I mostly go through the push door now. Same with security doors; they do not always unlatch for me when I walk into their radius.

It is not about wearing dark clothes either! Summer time, winter time, long sleeves, short sleeves,... light pants, dark pants, all of them motion detectors things behave strange around me.

Oh yeah! There is a smaller lamp post street light that will switch state when I walk by (this is not the large street lamps but one about 12 feet or so high). It also hums really loudly so I know when it switches state. That one happens all the time! Well, during winter when it is dark!

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
This happened to me when I lived in East Lansing, Michigan. There was a specific street light on a bridge near me that would frequently go out as I passed underneath it. Not every time, but way more often than random chance would allow.

It's never happened to me in any other place.

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   
light bulbs blowing up constantly when i flip the switches and it happens in different places.

and whenever im upset or nervous walking alone at night the street light thing happens, one time every single one i went under shut off and as i got about 2 more lights away they would turn back on. i actually stopped and looked around the 5th time it happened and loudly said 'hello' obviously noting answered but the lights stopped turning off.

it would be interesting if we could correlate everyone that this has happened to if they had ever seen a UFO or ghost or anything paranormal, accidents as a kid, and if it happened to family members as well.

one strange thing for me is i will go to pick the phone up and the person will already be on the line and sometimes on my cell ill hit talk to call and no ring will happen and the person would be like i was JUST calling you. landline and cell never rings on my end whenever that happens.

also i have a TON os synchronicities in my life and i have kind of learned to recognize them and to other people it just looks like i'm really lucky or psychic.

Ive had a few VERY close calls with death that make me wonder sometimes if i died in that universe and woke up in this one.

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

UFO: Seen (not all at the same time) an orange globe, a big triangle, and probably another one but those memories were wiped or hidden. Also have seen a triangle chase off a single white light way the heck up there.

Alien encounter/abduction, possibly. That activity stopped when I yelled at them to leave me alone... They have. It started when I was 11 or 12 and continued until about 20 when I had enough.

No visits by the Grim Reaper. No ghosts or any other paranormal stuff.

My niece just told her mother (last year) about a dream she had of grey floating above her bed when she was a child. That is the only family weirdness I know of.

Those are good questions! Seems some are more open to certain things than others and street lights strangeness does seem to be a common thread. I wonder if there is a correlation?

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Ha reminded me of the Simpsons episode when Bart sold his soul to Lisa and the motion sensor in Apu's shop wouldn't work for him.

I wonder how many of the people this happens too are born under Saturn, so Capricorns or DOBs with 8, 17 or 26 in them.....

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join